I have been playing Arma since the Beta and have hired a dedicated server for several years and create coop missions for me and a few friends to play.

Lately, I have had an issue where only I get lag\stutter and only when one of my friends join the server. it is the same person every time.

I create the mission and can test it on my machine with no issues. I can upload it and play it on the server with no issues.

When other friends join the mission I have no issues, but when one particular person joins, immediately I get annoying stutter\lag. When I move, after a few seconds, my screen freezes for a second or so, if I turn the screen freezes for a second or so, then it catches up and I find I'm looking in a completely different direction than where I should be.
If this particular person leaves the server, the lag\stutter stops and I can play okay.

This started to happen after I upgraded my machine to an i7 with a better graphics card, an Nvidia 980ti, or something like that.

I have removed Arma and reinstalled. Updated graphics drivers and mother board\network drivers.

Any thoughts please.

On 6/21/2021 at 11:31 AM, carpetburns said:

Any thoughts please.

This may seem like a random question but with it being just one friend in particular causing the issue, hear me out.

Does your friend run the exact same mod setup as you, or does he/she/they perhaps use a sound replacement mod (JSRS etc)?

The reason I ask is because the group I used to be a part of had some very random and varied issues when some members were running sound mods ranging from no weapon sounds playing for anyone to random lag and stuttering like you described. It may be worth asking them if they are running any such mod that might be causing a whole host of issues.