Cpl Muffins

Windows dedicated server not appearing in server browser

Okay I'm stumped on this one. Previously I had been running an Arma 3 server on Linux. Everything worked fine, but for various reasons I decided to transition it to a Windows Server 2019 box I had lying around instead. Except no matter what I do, I cannot get my server to appear in the game server browser. I can connect to it fine via LAN, but anyone outside of my LAN can't see it or direct connect to it.

I've verified the port forwarding at least five plus times now. I even redid them around three or four times, on both my router (pfSense) and Windows firewall. Hell I've even turned off the Windows firewall just to make sure the only barrier to entry is my pfSense box and turned on UPnP to let the server handle everything on its own. Nothing I've done seems to work. The only sign that my server exists is the fact that the Steam API's GetServersAtAddress function returns "true" and reports an Arma3 server on my public IP address.

The fact that this all worked fine on Linux and the issues only started cropping up after I transitioned to Windows Server 2019 suggests it's probably something to do with the OS or the server management tools (FASTER)... But I can't for the life of me think of what might be causing this, especially since the Windows Firewall is straight up turned off now and a friend of mine uses FASTER without issue.

Any ideas?

RPT logs

server.cfg generated by FASTER

I know you say you have checked the port forwarding etc but double check the query port 27016. When that isn't forwarded it generally doesn't display in the server browser.

7 hours ago, hannibal2210 said:

I know you say you have checked the port forwarding etc but double check the query port 27016. When that isn't forwarded it generally doesn't display in the server browser.

From my understanding, port 27016 is no longer used as the Steam query port; that's now the game port +1 (the server even reports 2303 as the steam query port on startup). But juuust in case I forwarded both the old Steam query port and the old Steam port (27016 and 8766). No dice.