POTTU98-2fee35cf50a5a35c

Second half of The East Wind impossible

Im right now in altis having to fight CSAT troops with assault rifles with only a pistol, with helicopters constantly landing more troops near me.

Did anyone playtest the campaign from this point onward?

...except it isn't impossible and is quite easy (albeit time consuming). You are supposed to link up with James and nothing else, not hang around and wait for the CSAT reinforcements to land. If you need a better weapon, kill the two AAF troopers patrolling through the town and steal their weapons. Or grab a Mk200 from one of the FIA guerillas amongst the rubble and use that to kill the Orca pilot as he starts landing, which will send his chopper crashing and taking the rest of the crew with him.

In any case, I'm not sure why you're trying to pick a fight with the entire garrison only to end up complaining about having to deal with reinforcements...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drebin052 said:

...except it isn't impossible and is quite easy (albeit time consuming). You are supposed to link up with James and nothing else, not hang around and wait for the CSAT reinforcements to land. If you need a better weapon, kill the two AAF troopers patrolling through the town and steal their weapons. Or grab a Mk200 from one of the FIA guerillas amongst the rubble and use that to kill the Orca pilot as he starts landing, which will send his chopper crashing and taking the rest of the crew with him.

In any case, I'm not sure why you're trying to pick a fight with the entire garrison only to end up complaining about having to deal with reinforcements...

Link up with James, when there are multiple minigun boats guarding the other side of the beach, armored cars patrolling the roads, helicopters dropping people next to you if you run along the beach. Oh and if you dont want to start a fight with the entire garrison and run away, they will just hunt you down. I actually want to see a video of you playing through the start to see how "easy" it is

1. The boat gunners don't target you unless you start shooting them. How did you even get close enough to draw their attention in the first place?

2. You wait for the vehicles to pass. The traffic is not a constant stream + AI being bad at driving as usual means that you have a very generous time limit in-between spawns.

3. The two reinforcement CSAT helicopters only land at two positions, both of which are located next to the destroyed village. The soldiers onboard are not alerted and will not hunt you down unless the pilot spotted Kerry which - given your complaints about the mission being "impossible", is clearly what's happening.

4. Again, why are you picking a fight with the garrison? They do not hunt you down unless you alert them to Kerry's presence. Try to use stealth for once...you'd be surprised that it even works against AI at max skills.

18 hours ago, POTTU98-2fee35cf50a5a35c said:

I actually want to see a video of you playing through the start to see how "easy" it is

Sure:

Took less than 10 minutes to finish. No mods or CDLCs loaded. Regular difficulty with AI skill + precision set to max (1.0) and Extended Armour disabled (obviously). No weapons. Kerry with only his undies on.

Would've played on Veteran difficulty but I cannot stand FPV only. A few optimisations could have also been made with regards to routing but it's been a while since I've tried speedrunning Arma and I've forgotten most of the strats. I was actually spotted by the patrolling fireteam but the Orca pilot didn't see me towards the end luckily enough.

• Like 1

You got extra Orcas because you were detected. The second will drop off troops if the first spotted you and the third will attempt to strafe continuously until Kerry reaches James' position. Once again, try stealth instead of going in guns blazing.

• Like 1