Nillers

Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain

In collaboration with CSLA Studio, Bohemia Interactive is proud and excited to present the Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain.

If you have any questions or would like to share any suggestions and feedback regarding CSLA Iron Curtain, please feel welcome to use this thread.

You can find this CDLC on the Steam Store currently.

You'll find all the available information in the following links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cslastudio

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cslastudio/

Find more information about Bohemia Interactive's Creator DLC project:
https://arma3.com/news/arma-3-creator-dlc
www.arma3.com/dlc/creator

• Like 1

Pros:

The concept

The map (barely a pro)

Cons:

Implementation of said concept

Basically everything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weisssbrot said:

I dont think so.

That made my day shiny a little more, but talking seriously about today's release of a joke no offence to the team. But they are many mistakes with this DLC that should be learnt and covered by GM's feedback, since that feedback was public and people express what was wrong with at the release date. And In my personal option, for a 2016/17 (if not mistaken) mod being created and me being a personal fan of your CSLA project for ArmA 2 back in the day, this content is far from being consider a (in my eyes) complete, from the assets, missions, to lack of innovation, sad reality putting CUP to the side, downloading A2 Fully and extracting their content directly to A3 has much more quality content (straight away) giving to ArmA 3, currently with they are barebone mods or even more complex mods that are much higher standards then this, at this current state.

-There needs to be more opening from the developers to the community showing us the work and doubts you may with the community or the project. So basic things don't fail like today's release, trust me, you've a nice concept the Czech's Theme, unique, just not well executed.

-Missions can be simple, just don't make them as someone just open ArmA 3 for the first time, put groups or units, used some triggers and saved the mission, missions are lacking depth, detail, gameplay, keeping in mind ArmA's vanilla AI since there's no AI/FSM tweaking when operating the missions.
-Content, when is paid content, everyone expects it, visually and audibly to at least that ain't vanilla or a generic. (Right now, weapons are pee shooters, they don't sound nor feel right, breaks the imersion in a flash).

-No one, wants to wait 1 to 2 years like GM, to see any good progression, GM had high-quality content, but lack of content and mission content or playable-content/gameplay and the barely it had, it lack in executing it.

EDITED: -And please learn with ArmA 3's Campaign and Missions, avoid AT MAX having player controling large Cluster of Units, you will end up having the Nutshell of A2 and their expansions. ArmA 3 avoids at max and leading Units is a small Squad for a reason, no one likes ArmA's AI simple the mega-ultra-complex Menu, since i say that because im the one who always deals with AI Squads while playing with friends. Having a Large Squad, requires a lot of Micro-mangament, that makes a player not focus on gameplay but trying to keep them alive. While a smaller squad is much easier to micro-manger or even the simple factor of "Regroup" and "X Formation" and they are within 20 metres of you and not 200 metres whatever behind a tree. 

I've request and got my refund after seeing the mod in the pair of hours i played it, I was very hyped for it, but this was a joke, this in my eyes, is much below then GM on release and tbh this is at a Workshop Mod Level, not a premium paid content, it could've been 1€ i would've refunded it.

Just the reviews of the game and there are some genuinely and creatively feedback there.

Twitter Video It's a joke from the guy but it's genuinely problem gameplay wise. Specially with AI

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, RyanTurner said:

And In my personal option, for a 2016/17 (if not mistaken) mod being created and me being a personal fan of your CSLA project for ArmA 2 back in the day, this content is far from being consider a (in my eyes) complete, from the assets, missions, to lack of innovation, sad reality putting CUP to the side, downloading A2 Fully and extracting their content directly to A3 has much more quality content (straight away) giving to ArmA 3, currently with they are barebone mods or even more complex mods that are much higher standards then this, at this current state.

There's play test footage from early 2017 on YouTube and like you say there has been very little innovation in that time. Very similar looking textures and assets, even some assets missing (jets). I understand this DLC was probably a labor of love and the developers were probably working on this in their spare time. But did they even seek outside modders help? Just look at free mods that have high quality content and lots of it (RHS, 3CB, ETC) and the and work they've completed in short amounts of time compared to this DLC it really is disappointing.

Im a big fan of the Arma games and played them ever since OFP including the good old original CSLA mod. I have also bought all the previous cDLCs and loved both of them. I did not love this one, unfortunately I did not even like it even though I am a big fan of the concept and the team behind it.

Being someone who buys all the cDLCs my perspective on this one is even worse because I was treated to high quality cDLCs like GM which set the bar extremely high when it comes to model quality and textures and then shortly before the release of this - S.O.G. which absolutely blows everything away when it comes to sound design and immersion. But that does not change the fact that this is an extremely underwhelming release even without knowing the other cDLCs.

As a long time Arma multiplayer guy I always go into reviewing these cDLCs in this order:
1. Explore the map
2. Check out all the vehicles and weapons (model and texture quality, amount of content)
3. Test all of it (how they sound, behave etc)
4. Play the playable content

With CSLA I was a little bit skeptical when launching the game already as the screenshots left me with a lot to be desired. But still I thought f... it and let's see what this cDLC has. Step 1 I was blown away by the map. It is great, it has interesting locations, its very immersive (especially for me being from the Czech Republic) and it has a lot of brand new content making it very unique from the other woodland maps that we already have. It also has a lot of character compared to GMs Weferlingen which is pretty bland in many places and lacks necessary gameplay locations like airfields. So in my opinion the map is a 10/10 and it warrants the price tag for me as a die hard fan of Arma so I will not be refunding it.

But it only gets worse from there. The amount of content is okay for an initial release but much like GM lacks any planes (the map even has airfields unlike GM). Unfortunately when it comes to said contents quality it is absolutely not good enough compared to the previous cDLCs and the countless free mods on the workshop. The models are not very detailed (compare with GM or RHS vehicles). The textures are horrible on most of the content, especially the american side of things. But what completely ruined everything for me was when I decided to check out the sound design of vehicles and weapons and found out that most if not all of them are re-using A3 Vanilla sounds!!! 😡 With all of that explored and discovered I was not even interested in playing the few SP missions provided as that is hardly something that could salvage this disaster.

A very disappointing release that does not meet the quality standard set by the previous cDLCs. Its only saving grace is the map but is that enough for a 12 EUR cDLC?... 😕 I expected a lot higher quality of content, their own sounds and a decent SP campaign.

Please no more cDLCs like this... 😢

• Like 5

Call me weird but I basically only get cDLC for the terrains, and as far as I'm concerned I got my $ worth with Gabreta. It's pretty and varied and interesting, has great ground textures and clutter, makes good use of high quality A3 vegetation, has plenty of new buildings with furniture, and runs really well on my system. There's a few questionable config decisions (eg seaside noises near rivers) and a few very low quality A2 era vegetation assets for some bushes, but since I enjoy fixing these things it's not a problem for me.

I can fully understand the disappointment for the military content side of things though, they're definitely not up to the quality of other cDLC or a lot of free workshop mods. 

• Like 10

Map is great and I know there is no chance they will change all of their models but here are few things that need to be fixed/changed in other aspects:
- M16 type rifles sound like they are suppressed and sound in general is bad, the reload sound is offsync to animation
- Vz 58 sounds terrible too, like from some early 2000s game
- pretty much all guns sound bad but vz and m16 are really bad and notable ones
- bunch of periscopes in some vehicles are simple texture of "outside world" when you are looking in the interior
- when driving BMP the visor in interior mode is mirrored
- tanks have incredibly fast turret rotation speed
And bunch of other things... i will check other things too but this is whats problematic for now. 
Its not like this is worth any money. There are bunch of way better free mods than this. But still i hope this will be updated in the future. But from the old videos of this mod it looks like the devs didnt do anything for several years. 
Honestly it feels like they accidentally uploaded super old version of their work, but sadly its not the case, this is literally a scam, i dont know how this got approved in the first place.

• Like 1

I am like TPW and bought Tanoa and SOGPF right away for the Map, plus cool gear (CSAT Vipers FTW and Mollies from SOGPF!).

I ended up buying the other DLC including BI's on sale to complete it, and to get rid of that damn in game MP watermarks, but feel lackluster:

Livonia is beautiful but not "interesting" enough. It is TOO clean and barely any servers playing mods on it.

GM - I tried to play Escape online (to get to know the game) and was kicked off the only server hosting it so I will never know unless I play Escape or Ravage in SP.

If this map is "good" like Cam Lao Nam (what an awesome map) then I will buy it (on sale) just for it. But it really needs some new buildings and MP support to get me to buy nowadays.

SOGPF has a good MP community and MP game mode.

Tanoa has great assets in general and good SP and MP game support.

If this cDLC map gains MP support (even a cold war era escape mission) and polish up all those things, then I will consider buying it (when on sale) but it seems to not warrant the full price right now.

From what I've seen this cDLC looks like some alpha or demo version. But despite this it is released as stable final one... Frankly speaking I am surprised by the CSLA team in negative way, because release of such content as a final version with a charge is a kind of disrespect to the ArmA community. 

• Like 2

Tank main guns need recoil animations.

Iron Curtain needs some improvements, but overall I am positive about it, and map is just fantastic.

• Like 3

I bought the DLC to support the studio, but the DLC is just not good as the majority of people said. Map is nice but everything else is a Arma 2 reminder.. Please update it soon

Additional notes from testing AFVs. M1IP and M1A1 should have -10 and +20 main armament elevation angles. And their reverse speed should be ~30-40 km/h.

Hi,

I found an issue on Gabreta map, one of the buildings from Livonia, a kind of control tower, it causes this glitch if you look from the first window on the first level; it seems to happen in all the locations where this building is.

1a.png

1b.png

1c.png

1d.png

• Like 1

And this Artillery has a problem, if you try to shoot with it, after a few rounds you suddenly die inside the vehicle.

1e.png

Well I am now into the second day of testing...

Yesterday I just jumped in and played the first sp scenario which seemed to be more meant as a showcase than a proper sp mission. No cut scenes, no voice acting..well just a simple mission made in the editor...but  I have to say it was fun, a bit like in good old times, the setting giving OFP vibes and so on. The little town which had to be conquered itself was looking very very nice and detailed and the weapons vehicles and stuff seemed decent.

After being a bit disappointed with the sp experience I had so far with Prairie Fire, I was also more than happy to see it working a lot better with this dlc and setting ( map).

Now after two days of playtesting I would say it that way...I am personally ok with spending 11 Euros for a terrain and an US and Chzech cold war faction to play around with. I am sure I will have some good fun mixing it with GM. The map is very nice and especially it is very realistic , same as the Weferlingen map. People complaning about the maps being boring, obviously never have vistited those countries and areas, especially not at that time xD. But at the same time it is nothing special or new or exciting too......

To be honest I think it does not make any sense to release a creator dlc that provides editor toys only, especially not if there are a tons of mods out providing the same for free. You have to provide at least somekind of SP campaign and story...or something new like a new COOP/MP mode suiting the setting. 

This should not be priced more than 10 Euros...maybe something like 8,99 would be fair, until more content has been delivered. I hope to get at least a proper russian faction and  jets for both side at some point coming from both teams CLSA and GM ! 

• Like 1

I feel abit betrayed about quality control of Bohemia. There are Mods out there who are way better quality than this "DLC". Looking at the Czech1938 Mod. Seeing Pictures now and even VIdeos that this DLC was a Arma2 Freemod that now became a payd Mod is sad. Vanilla Animations,horrible bad Sounds. Some Textures are of a standard from the 2010. You can count pixels on M113. The Radardish of Vulcan looks bad. Turret Rotationspeed of BMP is a Joke. Texture of M16 is horrible. VZ Rifle uses DayZ Sks Sounds. The only good thing of this DLC is the Map and even that isnt on a level of many Mod Maps we have in the Workshop.

I realy hope for a serious reaction from either Steam or Bohemia regarding this. If this is the "quality standard" for future CDLCs, i wont buy them anymore. 

• Like 3

I only took this DLC for the map, and I really like it; for example the buildings created and used by CSLA are more than those of SOG (it was a disappointment when I saw modern Tanoa buildings used in a map from the 60s - 70s, air conditioners can be heard everywhere); so I think they worked hard, and 10 euros ... I think it's worth it, I enjoy it already, thank you.

Hey, give the team a little break, they have time to improve things just like Global Mobilization.

• Like 4

i don't Want to lie but CSLA Iron Curtain is not worth it and Even CSLA Back Then Was Good But now its like not Good ? i dont know how to say it like its not worth to buy anymore i only want to buy the DLC just for the map not because of the content in it

1 hour ago, Tobi_der_Ossi said:

I feel abit betrayed about quality control of Bohemia. There are Mods out there who are way better quality than this "DLC". Looking at the Czech1938 Mod. Seeing Pictures now and even VIdeos that this DLC was a Arma2 Freemod that now became a payd Mod is sad. Vanilla Animations,horrible bad Sounds. Some Textures are of a standard from the 2010. You can count pixels on M113. The Radardish of Vulcan looks bad. Turret Rotationspeed of BMP is a Joke. Texture of M16 is horrible. VZ Rifle uses DayZ Sks Sounds. The only good thing of this DLC is the Map and even that isnt on a level of many Mod Maps we have in the Workshop.

I realy hope for a serious reaction from either Steam or Bohemia regarding this. If this is the "quality standard" for future CDLCs, i wont buy them anymore. 

This is a very disappointing release, I really hope the team fix this mess and BI have better quality control in future. Who knows, maybe they can pull off a no mans sky level of turnaround but I won't hold my breath.

Too many problems to address, but is anyone else having an issue with the OT-62? For whatever reason the mrap inside is clipping through and looks awful.  

Will the assets used on the map be available in 3DEN? 

• Like 3

For a fan of the Cold War, great thing, finally Arma has a good looking T-72M, it needs a bit of refinement because the turret is still rotating too fast, but it is still better than the T-72 from the CUP. The People's Army of Poland from Global Mobilization needs this tank, so I have a question, what is the name of the texture of the Polish Army insignia?

I am absolutely sure with some fixing, polishing and maybe adding some new stuff this will be an awesome for cold war fans. I just watched a few videos on Youtube from guys like Devil Dog Gamer, JezaGooner and Operator Drewski...there are a lot of decent people out there who are enyoing your dlc...keep it up 🙂

• Like 4

I think that this is an overall good DLC, you get a great T-72M, you get a BTR-50 clone (that needs to be fixed), a good LAV. I think if this DLC continues to get support from it's creators it'll be great. It definitely needs a little refinement in the quality of it's textures, infantry equipment too. They should also have some vested Americans. Overall the most egregious problem is this with the OT-62 (BTR-50) 
glitch.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/DQpjyrn/glitch.jpg

• Like 1