zukov

CSLA Iron Curtain Unofficial discussion

Hmmm what I mean is...all this speculation and possible leaks about this reforger thing...the pictures shown are looking absolutely like a mixture of chernarus, Livonia and Gabreta. The setting seems to be a fictive cold war scenario with US and Russsians fighting....all MP and on Enfusion...

Maybe ...and I am just speculating, CLSA was released now and before getting finally polished to give it a better chance to sell some copies before a release of a possible Cold War game on Enfusion...providing the exact same setting...

Hope dies last, isn't it? 🤣

We will never know why Iron Curtain was released now. It's none of our business either. At some point you have to release your work and maybe Maa and his gang decided that now it's the time.

Well I am playing SP or Coop so I am personally not interested in a possible MP game. I am curious about the state of Enfusion though.  However back to the topic here , the first patch for CLSA came out very fast, so I really hope they will keep on working on their baby 🙂

• Like 4

You know one of the best things about being new to the game (and to this forum)? I don't have the knowledge and therefore the level of expectation that perhaps some people have. I've read lots of comments about the quality of this cDLC, how it fails to match certain free mods, how some free mods are better(?) and I can understand a level of frustration, but what I can't understand is the vehement loathing and anger towards the product and the developers!

As someone with a 12-year-old son, for whom I regularly spend £5-10 on Vbucks for Fortnite or Fifa points, this price point is perfectly acceptable (I paid less than £10 on day of release) for what we have gained. I personally love the map and some of the unique assets we have seen introduced. It sits as a perfect accompaniment to Global Mobilization and with the addition of some of those excellent community made mods is going to offer an amazing Cold War experience.

We've already seen an update correct some issues. I hope that the developers are looking to further address some of the constructive feedback they have had and maybe, just maybe,  the addition of further content. That all said, I feel my money has been well spent. I am spending all my free time exclusively on this map and have zero to complain about. 

I don't support the hate and anger. You're not happy? At worst, your £10 down on the deal - at best, you have saved yourself £10 for not buying it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your support. 

• Like 4

Nice gesture from BI to offer a refund and I’m sure a few disgruntled customers might take them up. There seems to be near universal acclaim for Gabreta, and I’m personally having the time of my life on this beautiful and immersive map. Since MAA is apparently monitoring the forums, I’ve got some Gabreta suggestions:

1. Please have a good look at the environmental sound config, it’s really just not up to scratch.  I patched it myself to use the Weferlingen sounds and it’s a massive improvement
  2. At the very least, remove the seashore noises from near the slow flowing river and dams. 
  3. Any chance you could have a look at some of the terrible low res and miscoloured LODs for the non-Arma3 vegetation?
  4. The chasm area has serious optimisation issues, drops my computer from 60 down to 5 fps.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Nice gesture from BI to offer a refund and I’m sure a few disgruntled customers might take them up. There seems to be near universal acclaim for Gabreta, and I’m personally having the time of my life on this beautiful and immersive map. Since MAA is apparently monitoring the forums, I’ve got some Gabreta suggestions:

1. Please have a good look at the environmental sound config, it’s really just not up to scratch.  I patched it myself to use the Weferlingen sounds and it’s a massive improvement
  2. At the very least, remove the seashore noises from near the slow flowing river and dams. 
  3. Any chance you could have a look at some of the terrible low res and miscoloured LODs for the non-Arma3 vegetation?
  4. The chasm area has serious optimisation issues, drops my computer from 60 down to 5 fps.

Thank yuu for report. We will look at it.

Please can you take some screens to point 3 ?

As for point 4, no one has yet reported similar problems. I'll see if it does the same thing on my computer.

• Like 4

Yeah I am having a blast on this map too ...it is perfect for cold war battles using a mix of mechanized units, infantrie and helicopters 🙂 Combining it with GM is the icing on the cake !

Also it works out of the box...two dlc's providing 6 authentic factions and two large authentic maps...I do not have to clutter my editor with tons of mods and Afgans, Russians, Chernorussians and Takistanis which I do not use for cold war scenarios or do not use or like at all....

If I may repeat a request for a possible map change....

I love the idea of having an improvised Airstrip on an Autobahn. It is absolutely authentic...but it would even be cooler if you would remove the hangars and buildings to make it look more improvised 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MAA said:

Thank yuu for report. We will look at it.

Please can you take some screens to point 3 ?

As for point 4, no one has yet reported similar problems. I'll see if it does the same thing on my computer.

52GAVsa.jpg

Thanks MAA. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. The cross shaped LOD on the left, and the dark brown bushes. The LODs of the Arma3 birches at this distance are fine.

14z7cTt.jpg

Here's the bushes in question in the above pix, but to be honest nearly all of the non Arma3 vegetation has low quality distance LODs that kick in too soon.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:02 AM, tpw said:

Please have a good look at the environmental sound config, it’s really just not up to scratch.  I patched it myself to use the Weferlingen sounds and it’s a massive improvement

I don't own CSLA IC yet, but the map sounds interesting.  And knowing your work, tpw, I'm curious if you're willing to make the sound patch public?

I decided to grab CSLA IC this weekend for the map.  It looked like the map may provide objectives for a "local" WW3 type scenario than GM's map.  However I'm a little confused as to what's going on in the northwest corner.  It looks like the border/"DMZ" just ends in the river, making it very easy for someone to cross north of the river.  But there's also the large border checkpoint just north of there.  Am I missing something with how the map is supposed to be laid out?  It seems like it's trying to maybe represent the shared border of the GDR, but there would still need to be some sort of fence between the existing Eastern Bloc country(ies) and West Germany, no?

On 6/25/2021 at 4:59 AM, tpw said:

52GAVsa.jpg

Thanks MAA. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. The cross shaped LOD on the left, and the dark brown bushes. The LODs of the Arma3 birches at this distance are fine.

14z7cTt.jpg

Here's the bushes in question in the above pix, but to be honest nearly all of the non Arma3 vegetation has low quality distance LODs that kick in too soon.

Going OT but I have this issue with Metis Tree mod and maybe CUP as well. If I use the ENHANCED VIDEO SETTINGS mod and max everything out to Ultra+ on object details, it helps to slow the lodding:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1223309664

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gatordev said:

I decided to grab CSLA IC this weekend for the map.  It looked like the map may provide objectives for a "local" WW3 type scenario than GM's map.  However I'm a little confused as to what's going on in the northwest corner.  It looks like the border/"DMZ" just ends in the river, making it very easy for someone to cross north of the river.  But there's also the large border checkpoint just north of there.  Am I missing something with how the map is supposed to be laid out?  It seems like it's trying to maybe represent the shared border of the GDR, but there would still need to be some sort of fence between the existing Eastern Bloc country(ies) and West Germany, no?

The border continues in the middle of the river. In this case, on the eastern side were no fences. But note that there is line of bunkers which are guarding this part of border.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EMSI said:

The border continues in the middle of the river. In this case, on the eastern side were no fences. But note that there is line of bunkers which are guarding this part of border.

Thanks.  I'll have to look at it again.  I may not have realized the border turned at the river.

Hi MMA. I've no real issues here I'm pleased to say, I'm more than happy with the content for the low price. The ridiculously hateful negative comments on steam compelled me to buy it, whereas all the hype over SOG PF by the same people has made me avoid it like the plague. I've never been one to follow the crowd and it's paid off this time.

The only 'request' I would have, however, would be for a patch to restore the main menu back to the spotlight tiles. Either that or make it possible to remove the ui.ebo, if that's not possible already. I wouldn't know if any other files use it as a 'required'. 

I know this sounds like a step backwards to the people who hate the tiles, but considering that they are official BI features, I don't understand why a BI approved DLC would remove them without any options to go back to default. That is my only little niggle, and it's hardly game breaking.

That aside, great work! I'm pleased to see that the worst of the negative comments have not discouraged you in any way.

• Like 4