zukov

CSLA Iron Curtain Unofficial discussion

So this CDLC is close to release , but we don't have any trailer, image or something?
ss_e441080db07c462ec6cbc852a33c036bc2b66

A list of units and assets that will be in the release version would be much appreciated.

Are we going to have a proper solo campaign like GM?

4 hours ago, zukov said:

but we don't have any trailer, image or something?

Trailers are always uploaded on release day. Was the case for GM and S.O.G. so I don't see why CSLA would be an exception (unless you're counting the sneak peek on the official Arma 3 Twitter account).

Though you're not wrong about the lack of promotional stuff. Compared to how heavily S.O.G. was promoted in the week before its release CSLA's advertising seems...very quiet...

• Like 1

Next Wednesday as in tomorrow, that's not too long to wait bro' 😉

But yeah, I agree with your general sentiment, these boards are the last to know these days, pretty sad actually. 😞

• Like 3

May anybody provide a list of CSLA air and armored units?

Saw the stream on YouTube, compared it with CSLA for A2:OA. Well...

• Like 1

Personally, I'm very happy with the price point and content for it. I love the map. There are some cool assets I've never seen before. I think it is getting undeserved hate.

• Like 2

I'm looking at the scores and reading the reviews on Steam and...😅

Dear devs from CSLA studio, since OFP your mod was one of the must have in the game. It had been among the top in the amount and quality of the content, features and SP campaign and missions. But this release... What's happened with you? Please tell me that this CDLC is just a bad joke. 

I absolutely can not understand the hate...for fucking 11 euros I've got a very nice terrain and some really good factions stuff for cold war scenarios...that's the price for two large beers 🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

I absolutely can not understand the hate...for fucking 11 euros I've got a very nice terrain and some really good factions stuff for cold war scenarios...that's the price for two large beers 🙄

Low effort, unplayable cause issues, lack of content, lack of QA, reusing alot content from previus Armas wich theoretically breaks this rules, they announced in 2013 they would implement CSLA mod also into Arma 3, now we have it as CDLC wich even has less content as the original mod should have.

Its just a mess.

Are there any in game voices for the AI in this mod? I watched a video but it was like everyone was mute.

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

The overall content level is even lower than in their free mod for the previous ArmA title. But has a price tag. That's the reason. And the terrain... Do you know any place in the world where 4-stripes highway becomes constant landing strip of the airfield? 

2 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

The overall content level is even lower than in their free mod for the previous ArmA title. But has a price tag. That's the reason. And the terrain... Do you know any place in the world where 4-stripes highway becomes constant landing strip of the airfield? 

Sweden , Norge all saab Viggens and Gripen are made to use Highway stripes

43 minutes ago, zukov said:

Here in Russia we also use some parts of the highways as improvised airstrips. But nobody uses them in such role constantly (as it's done in the DLC's map). When the highway hits the concrete blocks and transforms into solid airfield with taxiway and large parking for aircrafts - that's nonsense. 

31 minutes ago, spooky lynx said:

Here in Russia we also use some parts of the highways as improvised airstrips. But nobody uses them in such role constantly (as it's done in the DLC's map). When the highway hits the concrete blocks and transforms into solid airfield with taxiway and large parking for aircrafts - that's nonsense. 

in cold war the airports was the primary target for both aviations (if I remember well the "frontal aviations" in URSS called Frontovaya Aviatsiya – FA). It,s also the main reason for the UK to design the Harrier

9 hours ago, zukov said:

since it was clear that most if not all of the military airstrips would be destroyed or overrun during the first days of an soviet attack....all german autobahns during the cold war....

8 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

Yes, the improvised Airstripes on highways wasnt improved like the one on the map, there were no big hangars and airport buildings.

• Like 2

The map is maybe not innovative or brings something new...but it is highly realistic. I heard people also complaining about Weferlingen but that map also was highly accurate...This is how theses areas looked like...areas for large combined and especially mechanized warfare also seeing helicioptes having a crucial rule....in AT combat.

6 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

The map is maybe not innovative or brings something new...but it is highly realistic. I heard people also complaining about Weferling but that map also was highly accurate...This is how theses areas looked like...areas for large combined and especially mechanized warfare also seeing helicioptes having a crucial rule....in AT combat.

Weferlingen is accurate, i can proof this as a german, but Gabreta is not accurate compared to Weferlingen, there is so much wich was shortened.