Server I am part of is currently using TADST server launcher, our server manager keeps saying that our server cant have more mods than we currently have (36 mods) because "the command line will be overloaded".
I have access to the server now. Can someone explain what command line is, what how does it become overloaded and how does one check what is the limit of it?

He might be talking about `Steam Protocol Max Data Size`. This affects the vanilla launchers ability to list a servers mods and set up the mods automatically when joining. Unfortunately TADST is horribly out of date and I dont know if you would be able to change that setting with it.

We use FASTER which gives us the ability to increase this `Max Size`. If you can convince your server manager to switch to FASTER (It will be a fairly involved process) then I highly recommend it. If you can make the switch stop by the FASTER discord for any help, the community there is very helpful and the developer its active on there every day.

3 minutes ago, CW4 Carrera said:

He might be talking about `Steam Protocol Max Data Size`. This affects the vanilla launchers ability to list a servers mods and set up the mods automatically when joining. Unfortunately TADST is horribly out of date and I dont know if you would be able to change that setting with it.

We use FASTER which gives us the ability to increase this `Max Size`. If you can convince your server manager to switch to FASTER (It will be a fairly involved process) then I highly recommend it. If you can make the switch stop by the FASTER discord for any help, the community there is very helpful and the developer its active on there every day.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, but now in regards of TADST, we also edit each mods cpp file to chnage its name to one letter for I am pretty sure the same reason. How do I check how far away we are from the limit?

Not sure you can. Ive never heard of changing the cpp file, as that wouldnt affect this issue, the mod line would look something like this: -mod=@CBA_A3;@ACE3;@TFAR; ect. you would need to change the mod name to increase the amount of mods you have... I think.

@marki980908Just did some looking around,  In your server config file change steamProtocolMaxDataSize = 1024; to steamProtocolMaxDataSize = 8192; that should allow you to load 8x as many mods.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CW4 Carrera said:

@marki980908Just did some looking around,  In your server config file change steamProtocolMaxDataSize = 1024; to steamProtocolMaxDataSize = 8192; that should allow you to load 8x as many mods.

Thank you I will look into it. Grateful, also I will try setting up a test server with FASTER

• Like 2