redarmy

position [0,0,0] issue

There for me seems to have been a bug in Arma3 ever since i remember.It involves units moving to the coordinates 0,0,0,(or bottom left of the map screen).

I think i can guess that a unit may go here because it is unable to get a position that it is given via script or waypoint.But my question is,"why" is it unable to get that position.Because in this case im using a standard vanilla Gaurd waypoint,and i have 8 gaurd tanks,and always,one of them proceeds to 0,0,0.

Is there some way to stop this?Currently iv set a trigger to "capture"AWOL units who proceed here and delete them but it doesnt stop the next vehicle from taking the reigns and proceeding to 0,0,0. 

Very irritating. 

Did you place a "guarded by" trigger (or equivalent). i.e. Did you test it with and without a guarded point?
8 tanks in same group?

Is there enough room for placing all these tanks in the area?

Yes, [0,0,0] is used for inexistent/undefined position. Usually, unreachable ones make the vehicle stop. So, that needs more test but the bug is not far.

Hello! I have some insight on the issue and I would to share it with you. [0,0,0] is known as "Debug Corner". The default position param for all arma spawn functions is [0,0,0]. This includes waypoints as well. Explaining why units take off to the bottom left corner after unexpected behavior. I hope this bit of information helps. 

13 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Did you place a "guarded by" trigger (or equivalent). i.e. Did you test it with and without a guarded point?
8 tanks in same group?

Is there enough room for placing all these tanks in the area?

Yes, [0,0,0] is used for inexistent/undefined position. Usually, unreachable ones make the vehicle stop. So, that needs more test but the bug is not far.

No gaurded by trigger.

Tanks are spaced apart.

Waypoints are spaced 50 meters away from each vehicle.

The tanks are all individual,no groups.I might rephrase,this issue is not happening all the time,its rare.I just want to understand why it happens or if its a bug in Arma.

So you say usually the bug makes the vehicle stop if unreachable.Hmm im going to do more learning and testing with gaurd waypoints.They are very underused and very interesting wp types.