Sign in to follow this  
Bitchmaker

Skip waypoint/ Radio Alpha trigger not working

Hi everyone. Ive got a problem with a WW2 scenario Im putting together.  In Eden, I put down 5 landing craft full of ai marines and I would like them to start the "invasion" at the same time.  I set a 'hold' waypoint in front of one of the landing craft, then an 'unload' waypoint on the beach.  I set a trigger next to the waypoint and under type I choose 'skip waypoint', and under activation I choose 'radio alpha'. I then connect the trigger to the 'hold' waypoint using 'Set Waypoint Activation'.  When I test it out, I hit radio alpha, but nothing happens.  The landing craft just sits there.

Ive tried making the trigger repeatable, linking the trigger to the waypoint and vice versa, setting the 'hold' waypoint to a 'move' waypoint (which makes the landing craft head off towards the beach regardless of radio alpha), and experimenting with the distance of the 'hold' waypoint from the craft.  Nothing seems to work.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Much appreciated and thanks for reading.

Use "Move" wp instead of "Hold". And not "skip waypoint" by the trigger and not sync the trigger to the waypoint, but "activate waypoint" by the trigger. If you right click on the trigger at the editor (where you can sync it to the WP), but not there is a 3rd option under sync: activate waypoint. Use this kind of "blue line" to the MOVE waypoint.

Hold not exactly means what we think about it: it's not just stop and wait, but hold as "wait there forever and if enemy come fight them back and keep this land ours".

10 hours ago, bardosy said:

Use "Move" wp instead of "Hold". And not "skip waypoint" by the trigger and not sync the trigger to the waypoint, but "activate waypoint" by the trigger. If you right click on the trigger at the editor (where you can sync it to the WP), but not there is a 3rd option under sync: activate waypoint. Use this kind of "blue line" to the MOVE waypoint.

Hold not exactly means what we think about it: it's not just stop and wait, but hold as "wait there forever and if enemy come fight them back and keep this land ours".

Thanks for your reply, bardosy, unfortunately it doesnt look like I am able to get your suggestion to work.  As I mentioned in my OP,  making the 'hold' waypoint a 'move' waypoint causes the landing craft move immediately and ignore the radio alpha.  

Just for the sake of clarity, there is no 'activate waypoint' option in the trigger:activation:type drop down; the only option that mentions waypoints is 'skip waypoint'. And 'Set Waypoint Activation' is the only way I can find to sync triggers to waypoints.

You are right! Sorry. I mean "set waypoint activation". Try that with Move (not Hold!).

1 hour ago, bardosy said:

You are right! Sorry. I mean "set waypoint activation". Try that with Move (not Hold!).

Thanks barodsy, but as I said all that does is cause the the landing craft to immediately move to the way point ignoring the radio alpha completely. 

Both ways (waypoint set to 'hold' or 'move') seems to ignore radio alpha, so I tried a trigger which required a player to move into the trigger area in order to launch the landing craft, but that didnt work either 😞  Do waypoints just not work with triggers?

9 hours ago, Bitchmaker said:

Thanks barodsy, but as I said all that does is cause the the landing craft to immediately move to the way point ignoring the radio alpha completely. 

Both ways (waypoint set to 'hold' or 'move') seems to ignore radio alpha, so I tried a trigger which required a player to move into the trigger area in order to launch the landing craft, but that didnt work either 😞  Do waypoints just not work with triggers?

Its works completely fine. In the last 5 seconds I made a test: put a jeep with three "MOVE" waypoints. Put an Alpha radio trigger. And connect the trigger with the 2nd WP as "set waypoint activation".

Then run the mission. Jeep come to the second WP then stop. When I activate the Alpha radio, the jeep start moving to the last (3rd) WP:

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/06/12/armawp.jpg

There is something different issue with your mission: my guess is the landing vehicle engine is start very slowly, so they try to continue after you activate the trigger, but they need more time to can start the engine. But the problem is not with the trigger and the waypoint.

IMPORTANT: Forget the "HOLD" waypoint! Continue your test only with "MOVE" waypoint.  If you use HOLD, they always will stop and you cannot make them move.

22 hours ago, bardosy said:

Its works completely fine. In the last 5 seconds I made a test: put a jeep with three "MOVE" waypoints. Put an Alpha radio trigger. And connect the trigger with the 2nd WP as "set waypoint activation".

Then run the mission. Jeep come to the second WP then stop. When I activate the Alpha radio, the jeep start moving to the last (3rd) WP:

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/06/12/armawp.jpg

There is something different issue with your mission: my guess is the landing vehicle engine is start very slowly, so they try to continue after you activate the trigger, but they need more time to can start the engine. But the problem is not with the trigger and the waypoint.

IMPORTANT: Forget the "HOLD" waypoint! Continue your test only with "MOVE" waypoint.  If you use HOLD, they always will stop and you cannot make them move.

I get nothing.  Perhaps its the WW2 mods I am using. Ill load up vanilla and give it a test. Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated!!

• Like 1