jerryhopper

bIdentify - a community-driven open file-index utility for usergenerated content for BI Games.

16 hours ago, Red Skuller said:

Here is the whole archive with v1 and v2 torrent hash magnet link

Missing half the data was exactly what I was fearing ...

Luckily the common data matches 100%, so those don't need to get all from you at 59KB/s (at least that was what I got before cloning mine to see how they match). I'll keep mine running for some time, but I changed my post to deprecate it.

Wish I knew how I ended up with half the archive cuz I remember seeing MEGAsync saying, and Explorer showing, all the 200GB+ was downloaded.

It says it's stalled. Could someone start seeding and tell me when they do so I can make sure mine is leeching?

Actually, I checked the video again, and the Mega archive is up until the end of November. Maybe my link was just bad or something... Anyway, I will try and grab at least some of those files and put them in folder with the supposed complete torrent and see if that can complete it and seed to others.

13 hours ago, rautamiekka said:

Missing half the data was exactly what I was fearing ...

Luckily the common data matches 100%, so those don't need to get all from you at 59KB/s (at least that was what I got before cloning mine to see how they match). I'll keep mine running for some time, but I changed my post to deprecate it.

Wish I knew how I ended up with half the archive cuz I remember seeing MEGAsync saying, and Explorer showing, all the 200GB+ was downloaded.

Awesome. My up bandwidth is 1MB but it is shared with other torrents. Maybe i will relocate the seed to another location with around 8MB

8 hours ago, barccy said:

It says it's stalled. Could someone start seeding and tell me when they do so I can make sure mine is leeching?

Ye my client got OOM killed few hours back lol. It's up again and shouldn't crash again. I will try to keep mine seeding for as long as possible.

8 hours ago, barccy said:

Actually, I checked the video again, and the Mega archive is up until the end of November. Maybe my link was just bad or something... Anyway, I will try and grab at least some of those files and put them in folder with the supposed complete torrent and see if that can complete it and seed to others.

If anyone has a backup of hashes or torrents of addons from bidentify, please share them here so we can try to keep them seed them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, barccy said:

That reminds me: the share name has a trailing dot, which Window$ doesn't take kindly to one bit.

• Like 1

That dot may be what messed up my first failed attempts at downloading from WGP over mega app. This last time I copied their folder to my account and succeeded at downloading that way. The "full" torrent appears to be missing the bet_addons1.47(1).rar , but even if so, is close enough. The WGP archive has several duplicate files, arma 3 things, and different versions of the same addon, so it could be slimmed down and repackaged without any real loss. We should combine all our files and make a new torrent or mega folder or coordinate adding them to ModDB or something. Or figure out how to get BIdentify running again...

Edited by barccy
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, Killerman29 said:

page doesn't work anymore

since October it doesn't work anymore; It seems they abandoned the project.
but you still have www.armedassault.info

15 hours ago, dalber24 said:

since October it doesn't work anymore; It seems they abandoned the project.
but you still have www.armedassault.info

yes i know, but many mods are outdated like vilas addons, can't find lastest vehicle addons

28 minutes ago, Killerman29 said:

yes i know, but many mods are outdated like vilas addons, can't find lastest vehicle addons 

Well, when you want a mod, ask here

here it is
https://www.moddb.com/addons/project-85

this is Project 85 version 2.1 ACE
https://www.moddb.com/downloads/project-85-ace

• Like 1

It seems that Bidentify is working again, I was able to upload without problems.

1ivNqie.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/13/2023 at 9:28 PM, dalber24 said:

It seems that Bidentify is working again, I was able to upload without problems.

1ivNqie.jpg

Still working? I only see "missing" in all files

2 hours ago, dalber24 said:

Where did everything that had already been uploaded go? I have no idea... why is everything that had already been uploaded missing? I don't know...

That's what I was wondering, It's a shame how much content was lost just because Bohemia didn't do a workshop for Arma 2....

PD: in this page: https://bt4gprx.com/ I found lot of mods, you have to copy and paste the name from bidentify in the search bar, for example this mod that I couldn't find anywhere:

wJFLK9I.png

@Killerman29 I think it wasn't a matter that BIS didn't want it, but that the modders didn't want it, in fact many didn't even want ArmA to be put on Steam, and at the time it was a topic that caused a lot of commotion and discussions, etc, etc. What happens is that you have arrived very late to ArmA.
In any case, don't think that steam workshop is forever... When the time comes, its mods will also disappear, we have to see how much time it has left.

23 minutes ago, dalber24 said:

@Killerman29 I think it wasn't a matter that BIS didn't want it, but that the modders didn't want it, in fact many didn't even want ArmA to be put on Steam, and at the time it was a topic that caused a lot of commotion and discussions, etc, etc. What happens is that you have arrived very late to ArmA.
In any case, don't think that steam workshop is forever... When the time comes, its mods will also disappear, we have to see how much time it has left.

I'm not new in Arma, I've been playing since Arma Armed Assault in 2007 and I didn't want Arma 2 on steam either,  but seeing what has happened maybe it wasn't a bad idea after all, but now is too late.

8 hours ago, Killerman29 said:

I'm not new in Arma, I've been playing since Arma Armed Assault in 2007 and I didn't want Arma 2 on steam either,  but seeing what has happened maybe it wasn't a bad idea after all, but now is too late.

Yes, I also started a long time ago in 2001 or 2002, but I lost my old account and I had to create this other one, what has been lost more than anything are many missions and campaigns, a real shame, in terms of mods, they are almost all.

Please some one send me window of opportunity mod, i am desperate to find it...MGB Window Of Opportunity, MBG_WOO_V10.zip I need this mod so badly