jerryhopper

bIdentify - a community-driven open file-index utility for usergenerated content for BI Games.

I have pinned the thread so its easy to find.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I have been investigating the network issues, and discovered something is wrong with my pfsense router. it somehow cuts my speed in half (250mbit instead of 500) so i suspect the network instability also originates from here.

But today i removed this, and i am monitoring the connection closely now.  i suspect the problems should be gone now, but  in case you get an error - please post about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Uploaded a few things too. Thanks a lot for this project, jerryhopper!

Browsing the file index I noticed that the campaigns are missing under the scenarios, is this coming at a later point?

• Like 1

Okay, I uploaded all I had, except two files: SMD-Sara-A2-Full-Sahrani-Map-Port-v165.zip (1,09 GB) and STALKER-FULL-V1.03.7z (745 MB), since those are too big, and get skipped.

• Like 1

@krzychuzokecia  very big files cannot be uploaded yet,  im almost at the point to allow 'webuploads' via the browser - and with that uploader its possible to upload huge files.  -  be patient and dont throw away these addons!

@Undeceived  its you i have to thank, for your submissions!

Furthermore there is some progress that i'd like to elaborate.

As stated above, web-uploads are almost there - and so is the authentication system. (i cannot allow anonymous uploads for obvious reasons)
The node-software is also getting along quite well. Thanks to the efforts of Mikero and his team, i have obtained a special version of his depbo-tools for linux. A version that also runs on raspberry-pi computers.  This means that the bidentify-server and nodes are now able to open pbo's to check the contents.  
Developers might want to checkout this repository :https://github.com/jerryhopper/docker-depbo-tools which is the source repository for the 'generic' depbo-tools docker container!

• Like 2

I looked in my files and I was able to save a lot of large army mods for arma 1 (mod ffaa, maf and etc) and arma 2 (cwr 2, maf, ofrp, ffaa 5.1 and etc. As soon as we can transfer the large files, I transfer these large mods.

ah. I watched as its quickly the missing arma 2 addons. The good news I have in a hard drive (I have to find it) all the addons on the British army (so all the vehicles made by trouble). Its 100%. After that I may also be other vehicles from other army but not sure. I have lots of mods on the full armies too (like the latest version of ffaa 5.1, ofrp, maf, pedagne, dutch and etc).

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 12:20 AM, jerryhopper said:

be patient and dont throw away these addons!

Oh, don't worry, I'm not deleting a single thing related to OFP/Arma! Can't wait to see what you come up with next, good luck!

(And as always: if you need some sort of financial support, I'm sure I'm not alone to say "you can count on me"!)

• Like 1

In any case I throw nothing, I delete nothing, it is even the opposite, I make the maximum copy ^^.

• Like 2

Hey, sorry bothering y'all, and I know this is somewhat unrelated to the post and whatnot, but does anyone know the status of the gofundme that was set up to buy the Armaholic website?

15 minutes ago, MarineRecon191 said:

Hey, sorry bothering y'all, and I know this is somewhat unrelated to the post and whatnot, but does anyone know the status of the gofundme that was set up to buy the Armaholic website?

Yes, the gofundme will expire, funds will be refunded.
No, there seems to be no way that armaholic can be bought back, due to a irreversible delete action.

i hope that answers your question.

Thank you for the quick response, albeit very unfortunate, although I hope this project continues as long as it can 

10 minutes ago, jerryhopper said:

Yes, the gofundme will expire, funds will be refunded.
No, there seems to be no way that armaholic can be bought back, due to a irreversible delete action.

i hope that answers your question.

Again, I'm sorry, but I am confused but is there a modules tab yet? I read all the replies to the forums but I can't find anything about it, unless I mistakenly missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

29 minutes ago, MarineRecon191 said:

is there a modules tab yet?

what are you talking about?

11 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

what are you talking about?

On Armaholic, there was a Modules tab where large addons like Vilas' factions could often be found. Without it, there's quite a bit missing from the database unless the items in that tab were put under Addons somewhere.

I hope they find the Gulf Of Aqaba map/module, one of my favorite armaholic mods I guess you could say

Edited by MarineRecon191
Misclick

On 7/11/2021 at 5:28 AM, MarineRecon191 said:

Again, I'm sorry, but I am confused but is there a modules tab yet? I read all the replies to the forums but I can't find anything about it, unless I mistakenly missed something. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

The tab modules button don't exist, but you can do this, write /modules at the end like this:

http://bidentify.jerryhopper.com/files/arma2oa/modules

or

http://bidentify.jerryhopper.com/files/arma2/modules

cheers

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dalber24 said:

The tab modules button don't exist, but you can do this, write /modules at the end like this:

or

cheers

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it!

Edited by MarineRecon191
accidently pressed enter

I am testing this now so I had a question, does it detect archives only or can it scan installed mods in subdirs such as those @xxx directories?

I have some files installed as mods only, I deleted the zips, rars or 7z...

I am ok for it to scan my game dir and rezip it then upload but have no idea if the app can do it.

I have a decent line here, be happy to host torrents for the community when my PC is free.

On the discussion about ARMAHOLIC, are we still able to download from armedassault.info since I knew Jerry runs that website now? I heard someone managed to download it by using a download manager and something about FTP, but that hasn't worked so far for me.

A lot of the mods on Armedassault.info were actually on ARMAHOLIC, and I think it'd be a useful resource to get a lot of that lost content back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello How do we access the module forarma 1? Because there is no link in the bIdentify (it lacks in fact full section of dl for arma 1 including module but also arma 2 and 2 oa).

13 hours ago, lukin86 said:

Hello How do we access the module forarma 1? Because there is no link in the bIdentify (it lacks in fact full section of dl for arma 1 including module but also arma 2 and 2 oa).

On 7/15/2021 at 8:32 PM, dalber24 said:

or

cheers

so for armed assault is the same http://bidentify.jerryhopper.com/files/arma/modules

blagh.. major setback.   as i was working on a backup systen - i bought a new 4TB disk.   That disk died 5 days after i bought it.  :( 

Dont be like me, dont buy seagate disks.   i should have known better.

• Sad 2