Ch1efRocka

Dynamic airport and config.cpp

Hello, I'm trying so set up a custom airport following this guide : https://armadocs.gitlab.io/terrain/03project/3config/airstrips/

I'm an absolute beginner and Im trying to understand how config.cpp and config.bin files work.

My goal is to add airport runways and taxi roads on the map PR F.A.T.A. for an Alive scenario. Then I will create physic airport via Eden editor.

I'm supposed to put coordinates of dynamic airport in the config.cpp file of the map. How I do this if I didn"t created the map first ? Am I even allowed to do this ?  (I read on another topic that modifying map without permission isn't allowed, so maybe I can't I dont know).

Currently I'm trying to unpack F.A.T.A pbo, convert config.bin to config.cpp, then add ilsPosition commands to the config.cpp of the map.

Am I geting it right ? If so, can I do it when the config.bin of the map isn't accessible ? For exemple, i can't unbinary the config.bin of lythium map (i got error code from cfgconvert).

In that case, can I configure dynamic airport in a "ad hoc" cpp file which i create myself then I add to the pbo ?

Again, I'm a complete beginner so sorry if my questions are dumb,

Thanks in advance for any help

Ok my question was very stupide. I reply to myself  in case someone find this post. Just go on this post its show how to set up the config.cpp for a dynamic airport :

32 minutes ago, Ch1efRocka said:

Just go on this post its show how to set up the config.cpp for a dynamic airport

... and was posted in the correct part of the forum. That part which people read who know about addons.

30 minutes ago, sarogahtyp said:

... and was posted in the correct part of the forum. That part which people read who know about addons.

Yeah I'm sorry, I found topics about dynamic airports in both forums, and when I realised my mistake I didn't find how to delete my post.

I have another question about dynamic airport, AI planes don't take off and instead taxi to terrain coded airport, can I make a new post or am I gonna get banned ? (I should specify that I just researched the forum and find only one post about it, 3 years old and no answer)

I guess nobody gets banned for posting a thread in a wrong forum part. In future if you realize that you opened a thread on the wrong place then just click "Report post" on the upper right of your first post and ask the staff this way to move your thread.

If your other question is a new one then just open a new thread. If it is config.cpp related then this should be the right place for it:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/162-arma-3-addons-configs-scripting/

If it is a sqf-scripting or other mission editing related question then open it just right here:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/