What I am trying to do is create a flag capturing system using the BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd.

So I am currently testing to see if, while playing as an FIA BLUFOR unit, I can take an AAF flag down from a flagpole and swap it with an FIA flag. I am hoping I can get the animation of the flag coming down the pole, then once it has reached the bottom, swap with an FIA flag, then rise back up the pole, all while using the hold action button. If the unit lets go of the action button, the flag goes back to the top as if nothing has changed. If the flag is already an FIA flag, then the hold action button should not appear.

This should be the same if I am playing an AFF Independent unit, except it is only FIA flags that can be captured.

I currently have the hold action working, I am just not sure about how to use the BIS_fnc_animateFlag to move the flag down, swap it, then move it back up to the top.

Init: 

this, 
 "Capture", 
 "\a3\ui_f_oldman\data\IGUI\Cfg\holdactions\attack_ca.paa", 
 "_this distance _target < 5", 
 "_caller distance _target < 5", 
 {}, 
 {//Code executed on every progress tick, I am going to assume that the flag movement part will need to be entered here.}, 
 {// Code executed on completion}, 
 {// Code executed on interrupted, I am going to assume that I need something here to send the original flag back to its starting position here.}, 
 [], 
 true, 
 false 
] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd", 0, this];

Does this do what you want?

5 hours ago, 7erra said:

Does this do what you want?

I did some testing and have a system that seems to be working consistently.

Variable Name: Flag_001

Init:

Variable Name: ZeusBLUFOR_T_Flag_CampTest

Type: None

Activation: BLUFOR

Activation Type: Present

Repeatable: "Check"
Server Only: "Uncheck"

Condition: this && (flagTexture Flag_001 == 'A3\Data_F\Flags\flag_AAF_CO.paa' || flagTexture Flag_001 == '')

On Activation: 

[      
 Flag_001,   
 "Capture",   
 "_this distance _target < 5 && side _this == west && (flagTexture _target == 'A3\Data_F\Flags\flag_AAF_CO.paa' || flagTexture _target == '')",   
 "_caller distance _target < 5 && side _this == west && (flagTexture _caller == 'A3\Data_F\Flags\flag_AAF_CO.paa' || flagTexture _caller == '')",   
 {},   
 {},   
 { _this call   
 {   
   Flag_001 setFlagTexture "A3\Data_F\Flags\flag_FIA_CO.paa";   
 };   
 },   
 {},   
 [],   
 true,   
 false   
] remoteExec ["BIS_fnc_holdActionAdd", 0, Flag_001];

I would like to have the flag change effect which side owns the sector. I have done some capturing sector missions in the past, but they have always been captured using units, rather than taking a flag. I am not even sure if it is possible.

I have also managed to link the curator edit zone to change owner depending on which flag is flying. I just can not do it for sectors.