SpaykerMan

[MP][CTI] Warfare missions (WASP edition)

Warfare missions under WASP edition

Warfare missions are based on CTI principles where players have to fight for control of certain terrain. Current edition makes focus on RTS part where team commanders receive access to infantry, vehicle squads. Having till 10 groups under control a commander can give them orders via map view. Remote control is available for each group and even each soldier of group.

Features:

- 3 playable sides: opfor, blufor, resistance
- reworked all UIs
- new AI commander
- integrated high command module
- optimized for large scale battles
- added chemical arsenal
- wide variety of capturable locations with unique perks and features
- destructible towns that influence team economy

- advanced base management

- new upgrade list

- reworked AI behavior in towns
- secondary missions

- CRAM arty shell intercept mechanic

- updated artillery computer

Required Addons:

- Wasp Server mod

- Wasp HC mod

- CBA_A3

- CUP Terrains - Core

- CUP Terrains - Maps

- CUP Weapons

- CUP Units

- CUP Vehicles

- AdWaspLite

- Advanced Rappelling

- Cold War Rearmed III

Current State - v60 RC9:

Missions are ready for playing in most aspects of gameplay. However additional development is in progress still. Few builds will be done in nearest future to add last part of features.

How To Run:

Missions are designed to be run on a dedicated server. It allows to get more performance while matches can have dozens of AIs and other related objects. Please check links section to get more info about required mods. Related links contain detailed instructions how to prepare server side infrastructure.

Links:

Server-side mod (Required for server running)

Server-side mod for headless client (Required for server running)

Steam Workshop

Discord Server

• Like 4

Thanks @kremator, meanwhile new build v60 RC8 has been released in workshop 😉

Hey Georgians,

22 hours ago, [GSF] Georgians said:

is in mission server restart configuration?  (after 3-4-5 hours?

didn't want to restart the server manually

Currently no, server restart is done via a separate script usually. At least it's done on our test server. do you know how to do it with scripting?

1 hour ago, [GSF] Georgians said:

loock kp liberation or hearts and minds missions.you can find it in this missions

Ok, I will check it out.

Meanwhile missions have been updated with new portion of fixes and optimizations.

Spoiler

Changes under ADDED:
    - ropes actions to remote controllable units
    - lock vehicle flag for HC groups

Changes under UPDATED:
    - hc infantry group waypoint behavior
    - init base structure script
    - town init mechanic
    - gear template logic
    - remote control action list
    - unavailable gear cleanup process
    - CRAM firing mechanic
    - AI com logic for first lost team

Changes under FIXED:
    - money change issue in gear menu
    - HC paratrooper vehicle movement
    - start gear set for friendly sides
    - unit marker of ambu and hq
    - base markering on map
    - voting issue with afk players
    - joined player coudn't use ropes
    - esc button in remote control
    - backpack gear loading
    - gear template loading process
    - messaging about base structure destroying
    - friend side transferring issue for new friend side

Changes under OPTIMIZED:
    - base structure marker generation
    - town logic processing
    - camp data network traffic

Changes under REMOVED:
    - repair truck ordering by ai com
    - extra res base cleanup logic
    - debug logging for ai com
    - extra init instructions from sqm files

Hey, I wanted to try out this mission, but have a serious problem. The match ends shortly after start, after one minute to be precise. It doesn't matter on which side I play or if I'm the Commander or not, after one minute the match ends always with the East side winning.

I'm running the mission on a dedicated server, no headless clients. Has someone experienced similar problems and was able to fix it?

I would've asked the Devs for help, but sadly their Discord Server isn't available at the moment.

On 7/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, hottehotte said:

Hey, I wanted to try out this mission, but have a serious problem. The match ends shortly after start, after one minute to be precise. It doesn't matter on which side I play or if I'm the Commander or not, after one minute the match ends always with the East side winning.

I'm running the mission on a dedicated server, no headless clients. Has someone experienced similar problems and was able to fix it?

I would've asked the Devs for help, but sadly their Discord Server isn't available at the moment.

@hottehotte   I just downloaded this today to try it out and had the same issue, it appears to be an error with the starting location, if you change the mission parameter "BASE:Starting Locations" to anything but Random then it should start up for you.

Maybe you have an outdated version, had same issues in one of the RCs but Spayker fixed it before he dissappeared.

@hottehotte and @rorydev

Try to grab here:  https://github.com/Spayker?tab=overview&from=2021-04-01&to=2021-04-30 

https://github.com/Spayker?tab=repositories

...there are the latest changes included. You need all 4 WASP repos to make your own test setup. Once you manage to run the mission with excellent serve+HC FPS you are at least able to replicate and run the successful WASP server.

Okay, I set the starting positions to anything but Random, but it didn't help. Neither choosing to start in the North or in the South prevents the mission to end after one minute,

About getting the latest updates directly from Github: Maybe I overlooked something, but from what I saw you can only download the files in their raw format, not as finished PBO's. As I don't know how to generate a PBO out of the master files, I'm stuck.

A few of the files were updated just a few days ago according to the changelog, so it seems the project isn't dead completely.

well, I am not a coder, to mee it seems he is removing lots of player stats stuff which is stored in an DB.

The player related templates as well. It is basically gear loadout which can be also used as template for AI soldiers (like at ARMA.RU).

At ARMA.RU they have the same functionality of generating High Command Groups available to the commander, but no AI commander on top taking over when no human is assigned to that role.

I'm up to hosting the mission if I manage to remove the third (resistance) side from the game. It would be a nice feature otherwise, but it breaks the game balance quite badly. 

Any help would be appreciated! I'm currently investigating the mission structure and code.

I'm available here or on Discord: Ezcoo#6415

I'm getting stuck at initialization screen, anyone know how to fix this? Nothing special in server RPT here.

wIatT4P.png

Edit: fixed it (the server startup batch files were outdated, mod folder names had changed)

Edited by Ezcoo

Thanks to @Leopard20, the possible issue explaining the HQs not getting initialized at game start was found. See details here: https://github.com/Spayker/a3wasp-server/issues/4

I tried fixing it but something's wrong when I pack the mod back into PBO, as the server doesn't work with the PBO compiled by me. I'll keep investigating the issue and/or wait for Spayker to fix it.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:20 PM, The Man Without Qualities said:

No signs of Spayker, maybe life caught him or he was pissed by community or BIS, dunno.

Sad.

@SpaykerMan or @Spayker : if it is cash, just get in contact to finance server for hosting WASP.

Hey, I got the mission working and I'm up to hosting the server if I get financial assistance (as I'm extremely low on cash atm). Send me a private message here, on Discord or Steam if you're interested!

So I ended up opening a server hosting the gamemode with the financial assistance of my friends. Come join the server and join our Discord! https://discord.gg/cGgzUhsU7s

Please check the server IP and port on Discord if these don't work!

Name:  -=[WASP]=- Warfare hosted by Net_2

IP:         95.217.78.46

Port:     2302

You're warmly welcome on the server! 😄

In https://github.com/Spayker/a3wasp-core, Spayker write "

Assembling

To run missions on your server you must prepare 3 main components:

missions themselves

server mod

headless client mod

Missions must be assembled from Core, Config and Mission modules.

"
The config files are located here: https://github.com/Spayker/a3wasp-config but there are no info about where to put them. I have a dedicated server with a HC up and running, but i suspect upcoming LAN party will be without WASP warfare. I believe there has been used a massive amount of resources to make this missions, so it's a pity my knowledge isn't high enough to assemble the missions in a working order.

Anyone could help ?

I managed to run this mission (on malden) but the players spawn without mobile HQ wnich makes game end after one minute.

Plus, someone could explain to me the HC client? What is it? Do I need to have it to run this mission ?

kIBxSgv.png