redarmy

Help with motorized group

Having an issue in where i spawn a group of 12 who are in a zamak,they have a waypoint to reach.But on the way to the waypoint,passengers disembark the vehicle if detecting enemy(this would be ok too,except....)all except the driver who is squad leader. Squad leader stays in the truck,proceeds to run over all his group and when danger has gone,the driver proceeds to drive to the waypoint BUT the group are running trying to catch up,driver wont stop to let them embark...

On top of that,the group splits into 2 groups for some unknown reason.

Basically,i need the driver to also dismount the vehicle or nobody to dismount. I cannot use careless mode in this instance either.

Is there a way to get the desired behaviour?The motorized group are meant to be a Quick reaction force moving to reinforce units 3 miles away.The result is they never get there in time as the truck drives at 5kmh with the group trying to keep up.

Typical Arma AI behaviour i know,but i need a workaround.

• Haha 1

Did you test the setUnloadInCombat command ?
or

if you want the group abandon the vehicle (even the driver), you can script:
this spawn {waitUntil {sleep 1; behaviour leader _this isEqualTo "COMBAT"}; _this leaveVehicle vehicle leader _this}; // in init field of the group (composition)

7 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Did you test the setUnloadInCombat command ?
or

if you want the group abandon the vehicle (even the driver), you can script:
this spawn {waitUntil {sleep 1; behaviour leader _this isEqualTo "COMBAT"}; _this leaveVehicle vehicle leader _this}; // in init field of the group (composition)

I have tried the Setunloadcombat", both to a way where t keeps everyone IN,the vehicle,and a way where it ejects everyone fromt he vehicleNiether is working.

I will try your other method when i get home today,Cheers man.

@pierremgi

That worked perfectly thanks.Unfortunatley AI motorized groups are completely jacked.They ignore waypoint speed and formation behaviours(even when updating their behaviour on activation of waypoints) and also have one or more of the group members split off and form their own group,or just stand still while rest of the group moves off.

Il simply use these motorized as a random patrol rather than a (unreliable)QRF.

Thanks again

The classic Arma issue where yout have to put safety triggers to be as sure as possible that the mission will work 😂

Just to mention that two groups forming might be because the SL has killed friendlies. As safety triggers you could use the above to get the SL out of the vehicle and a condition stating if alive units of group distance SL too much for too long && units in non combat mode then just clear their waypoints, throw them into the zamak and place the waypoint again or have a waypoint to get in the zamak and then one to move to their destination. All of this as long as they have not arrived to needed position. The above conditions will become incative once they arrive. Sounds not needed but with simple conditions you can many times make some cool stuff that override the casual bugs and glitches.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnKalo said:

The classic Arma issue where yout have to put safety triggers to be as sure as possible that the mission will work 😂

Just to mention that two groups forming might be because the SL has killed friendlies. As safety triggers you could use the above to get the SL out of the vehicle and a condition stating if alive units of group distance SL too much for too long && units in non combat mode then just clear their waypoints, throw them into the zamak and place the waypoint again or have a waypoint to get in the zamak and then one to move to their destination. All of this as long as they have not arrived to needed position. The above conditions will become incative once they arrive. Sounds not needed but with simple conditions you can many times make some cool stuff that override the casual bugs and glitches.  

Good idea that.A forced move in cargo.

I think every command regarding AI in Arma3 needs to include the term "forced" lol

• Like 1

If setUnloadInCombat [false,false] doesn't work, that means a mod overrides the AIs' behaviour. I'm always trying in vanilla. And I'm often surprised by mods.

12 hours ago, pierremgi said:

If setUnloadInCombat [false,false] doesn't work, that means a mod overrides the AIs' behaviour. I'm always trying in vanilla. And I'm often surprised by mods.

hmmm OK i was using lambs but set it up to a point where it shouldnt have affected the group in question.

Il double check it.Cheers