1LT D. Repo

ARMAHOLIC website not working

I have a suspicion this site has been hacked by none other than STEAM itself. moddb.com is also offline. Steam is getting on my last nerves...

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, W0lle said:

the website database and pictures

Some of those were created/added by users themselves, example being OFP section (created by 3 dudes), or even the forums. Is he going to pay kickbacks for those?

Also, going back to e-mail JerryHopper posted - Foxhound is (justifably) concerned about his privacy/personal data. What about the privacy of users, can we now mail Fox to remove our data from the database he wants to sell to highest bidder? Armaholic was collecting revenue (however small it was), so it seems to me like it falls under GDPR.

I'm sorry for my harsh reaction, but with the way this whole mess is going on (sudden closing of website, putting it on sale and apparent refusal to contact anyone from the community) it does seem like an extortion.

@jerryhopper Until the situation clears up, I won't donate to any "pay for getting AH data" fund. However, if you ever find yourself short of cash to continue your mission to preserve OFP and Arma history, well... I already use your services, and would gladly pay for them. Matter of fact, when in 2018 Foxhound approached OFP community with his offer to host OFP content on AH, I did exactly that - offered donation, which he at that time refused. Today situation feels very different to me, by which I'm confused and saddened.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Some of those were created/added by users themselves, example being OFP section (created by 3 dudes), or even the forums. Is he going to pay kickbacks for those?

Also, going back to e-mail JerryHopper posted - Foxhound is (justifably) concerned about his privacy/personal data. What about the privacy of users, can we now mail Fox to remove our data from the database he wants to sell to highest bidder? Armaholic was collecting revenue (however small it was), so it seems to me like it falls under GDPR.

This is one of the problems. Most of the pictures used for the download pages were created by the creators of the respective addon/mission. He hold no rights on these pictures, hence he can't sell them.

If I were him, I'd also not sell the email addresses used for forum registration. That said, everyone who is using his armaholic password somewhere else is better off to change it sometime soon. Needless to say that using the same password multiple times is... stupid.  😉

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If he's selling the email addresses then I would assume that's a rather hefty GDPR violation to boot - from what I remember of the roll-out when I was working in education even offering that information for sale can incur a heavy fine.

14 minutes ago, krzychuzokecia said:

I'm sorry for my harsh reaction, but with the way this whole mess is going on (sudden closing of website, putting it on sale and apparent refusal to contact anyone from the community) it does seem like an extortion.

@jerryhopper Until the situation clears up, I won't donate to any "pay for getting AH data" fund. However, if you ever find yourself short of cash to continue your mission to preserve OFP and Arma history, well... I already use your services, and would gladly pay for them. Matter of fact, when in 2018 Foxhound approached OFP community with his offer to host OFP content on AH, I did exactly that - offered donation, which he at that time refused. Today situation feels very different to me, by which I'm confused and saddened.

Thanks that's good to know but: I'm doing this as a hobby. like i said: its a payback to the game and its community.
i have taken precautions if i somehow am not able to host anymore.  i have 2 backup-disks which i keep offline and disconnected. these disks contain all arma-related stuff.   ofpinfo, armedassault.eu, sahraniradio - and soon -  also the contents recovered from armaholic.   If anything happens to me or  my hosting, these disks will find their way to the right people.

But this 'Armaholic' issue has made me start thinking again about the preservation of data, and how to deal with it. i'm playing with the idea to make yearly(?) backups of online resources, and dump them on a data-cardridge (LTO6) (which can store 2.5TB at a price of about 40euro's) and share that with other 'arma-librarians'
These cardridges are easyly transferrable over mail, cheap and can store enough data : it will be the perfect offline-backup for data that belongs to be preserved.
Dispite the previously failed attempts by others to host files via Torrent in the past, i still think this is our best shot at keeping the files available to the public in a scalable and redundant way. 

Obviously, the above chitchat is jibberisch for most players - but im sure there are a few people who understand what i'm saying, and why im saying this.  The time of being eachothers 'concurrent' when comes to community-websites should be long behind us. After all, it's the 20th amniversary of BI: we're grownups now!

Meanwhile, i will setup some storage space where people can upload their preserved Arma2OA addons.  I will make a post with information how to access it, and which files are needed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@jerryhopper can you stop what you are doing by scraping data? and to be clear as I said before everything was paid for out of Foxhound's own pocket including the self-hosted file server which YOU are causing problems
with as I am in contact with Foxhound trying to sort all this out. The servers which Foxhound has always had run his furniture business stuff too. So yes the servers ARE still alive and so is the site, just the domain was
sold, and as Foxhound has stated he will pass on everything including the site to those who want to carry on the work of running it all.

Also if you are wondering why your emails are going unanswered then maybe think why, getting over 500+ emails in the first 24 hours of the tweet really didn't make things easier, imagine replying to all of them? 

So please, be patient, and wait! I am working on it and as said before I will reply here once I have a solution for you guys.

Edit: Foxhound is fine, he doesn't have COVID and he simply just met a woman in Scotland and decided to fall in love 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, darkxess said:

Edit: Foxhound is fine, he doesn't have COVID and he simply just met a woman in Scotland and decided to fall in love 😊

Best news ever IMHO ... 🙂

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jerryhopper said:

Crowdfund : Free Armaholic

So,  if the community wants armaholic preserved in its current form,  feel free to donate to my crowdfunding initiative.
I have set a goal for 500 euro's   i dont know if this amount is enough, as that is totally up to Foxhound.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/free-armaholic

Jerry is it possible i can donate to your paypal if you have one, i tried like 5 times on the site i get an error no matter what

i do, and it wont let me sign up, or sign in, idk wtf the deal is. :h:

41 minutes ago, darkxess said:

@jerryhopper can you stop what you are doing by scraping data? and to be clear as I said before everything was paid for out of Foxhound's own pocket including the self-hosted file server which YOU are causing problems
with as I am in contact with Foxhound trying to sort all this out. The servers which Foxhound has always had run his furniture business stuff too. So yes the servers ARE still alive and so is the site, just the domain was
sold, and as Foxhound has stated he will pass on everything including the site to those who want to carry on the work of running it all.

Also if you are wondering why your emails are going unanswered then maybe think why, getting over 500+ emails in the first 24 hours of the tweet really didn't make things easier, imagine replying to all of them? 

So please, be patient, and wait! I am working on it and as said before I will reply here once I have a solution for you guys.

1 minute ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Jerry is it possible i can donate to your paypal if you have one, i tried like 5 times on the site i get an error no matter what

i do, and it wont let me sign up, or sign in, idk wtf the deal is. :h:

Sorry, but these posts makes me feel that there are (at least) two different groups in there, following different paths ... please forgive me if I misunderstood.

@darkxess i am causing nothing.  the only thing i do, is reacting to the new reality.  A reality that hit everybody as thunder on a sunny day.
The scraping of data was stopped by foxhound himself (when he found out).  Im not sure why you are trying to blame me for stuff i have nothing to do with.

This, and the fact that fox did'nt try reach out to people to take over before he pulled the plug, and the files were still publicly reachable via the web - gives me every right to salvage of what's left.  I understand Fox is your friend - but lets not waste this thread bickering on stuff that already happened.  You do what you can, and so will i.   We just do things differently.  ( ps: i have free rackspace at home, there is always space for few 1-4u boxes.)

That said:  i'd like to present the lists with missing addons: 

the "MISSING IN ACTION" FILELIST.
the Arma missing in action file-list : http://ftp.armedassault.info/armaholic/arma.armaholic.MISSING.txt
the Arma2 missing in action file-list http://ftp.armedassault.info/armaholic/arma2.armaholic.MISSING.txt
the Arma2_OA missing in action file-list http://ftp.armedassault.info/armaholic/arma2_oa.armaholic.MISSING.txt

If you have any of the files listed in these lists, please be patient while i setup a upload-facility so we can consolidate all the recovered files.

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, jerryhopper said:

@darkxess i am causing nothing.  the only thing i do, is reacting to the new reality.  A reality that hit everybody as thunder on a sunny day.
The scraping of data was stopped by foxhound himself (when he found out).  Im not sure why you are trying to blame me for stuff i have nothing to do with.

This, and the fact that fox did'nt try reach out to people to take over before he pulled the plug, and the files were still publicly reachable via the web - gives me every right to salvage of what's left.  I understand Fox is your friend - but lets not waste this thread bickering on stuff that already happened.  You do what you can, and so will i.   We just do things differently.  ( ps: i have free rackspace at home, there is always space for few 1-4u boxes.)

Wasn't bickering or blaming you at all man, I am just saying to make things please stop putting pressure on the server while also sharing with others how to do it. 

Who is taking these files by the way? just wondering as it seems when I finally get them all I will have to maybe create a torrent as it's massive in size. And please remember Fox wants them to go on to someone who will carry on with what he started.

So i read that some people have stored their past downloads on dvd or backup-disks.
I have made a clunky batch script that will index your directories,  and reports back if a missing file is found!

Download the script :  http://ftp.armedassault.info/armaholic/findfiles.bat

Copy the script to the drive or directory that contains arma-downloads, and start it.

- The script will download the latest MIA-lists to the %PUBLIC% directory.
- The script will index your directory, and save the result in %PUBLIC%\LocalFiles.Txt
- The script will start searching for missing arma files, and report if any are found. 

If the script found any files,  you should upload them on a (to be announced) sftp location.    or PM me if you found files!

E252P7SXMAUq9DU?format=png&name=small

Do note that during the search-process many windows will popup and close. During the process you cannot use your computer due to the popups. This is is expected behaviour (sorry!)
I fixed the annoying popups!
You can kill the script by hitting ctrl-c

• Like 1

Guys i nearly used up all of my google drive space,but i managed to upload a1 weapons not all (i have more a1 mods and addons but for now i just uploaded the weapons and some extras)obviously as i don`t have them all,also arma2/oa/co mods (i have more a2 mods and  addons but my google drive is nearly full) am uploading some arma 3 mods too.I`m new to this google drive thing so please have some patience,once that people have downloaded the a1 and a2 addons i`ll upload more arma 3 mods and addons,meanwhile if you people have a location where i can upload all my arma series files please let me know.@ Jerry Hopper i tried both links one nothing happens and the second link opens a blank page.

@jerryhopper for me, running on W7 the shell window closes instantly when the script (presumably) ends it's work. I write "presumably", because before it closes, I can see it found 6 files, while my yesterday manual search gave me at least 17 "hits" in just Arma 1 directory (and those files are still in the list downloaded by script).

So, any way to make it not close instantly, or save the results in a text file?

FOUND: BlackSword_v3.zip
FOUND: co_6_on_his_majestys_service.rar
FOUND: Co04_StealTheCar2-Bagango.zip

2 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

@jerryhopper for me, running on W7 the shell window closes instantly when the script (presumably) ends it's work. I write "presumably", because before it closes, I can see it found 6 files, while my yesterday manual search gave me at least 17 "hits" in just Arma 1 directory (and those files are still in the list downloaded by script).

So, any way to make it not close instantly, or save the results in a text file?

i have updated the script.
When you start the script in that directory,  it fill write the addon name in a textfile named:  found.txt

@jerryhopper Works now, but indeed stops working after finding 6 files. The rest of the files that I've found manually are still listed in the MISSING lists.

@Horus That's the list of all missing files, not necessarily the list of files you have. The files you have are listed in "found.txt" file, in the location of "findfiles.bat".

Yes now I see that 🧐 I have this 3 missions

BlackSword_v3.zip
co_6_on_his_majestys_service.rar
Co04_StealTheCar2-Bagango.zip

3 hours ago, SopmodJack75 said:

Guys i nearly used up all of my google drive space

Mega my friend https://mega.io/

Free account gives you 50GB and you can do it from your desktop too.

• Like 1

And I manually found few more addons which script did not found.

25 minutes ago, Horus said:

And I manually found few more addons which script did not found.

can you be more specific? filename?  was it case-sensitivity that made the difference?

Files that script found (going through my Arma 1 and Arma 2 folders both, and separately):

FOUND: someday_in_avgani_v01-2.7z 
FOUND: 385-co6@arabian-night.zip 
FOUND: [Co-6]Desert_Stormers_ACE.7z 
FOUND: Directors_Cut.rar 
FOUND: 3-co_12_ds_sabotage_v1.18.zip 
FOUND: 3-co_12_@pkw_ds_sabotage_v1.18.zip 

These are all A1 files - it couldn't find anything in A2 folder at all.

Meanwhile, I manually located following files (in A1 folder, haven't looked in A2 yet):

[Co-6]Desert_Stormers_ACE.7z
3-co_12_@pkw_ds_sabotage_v1.18.zip
3-co_12_ds_sabotage_v1.18.zip
3-rc_10_@sigma_gp_sahrani_v1.30.zip
3-rc_10_gp_sahrani_v1.30.zip
385-co6@arabian-night.zip
ACE-ArmA_Mod_v1.08full.exe
ACE-ArmA_Mod_v1.09update.exe
Directors_Cut.rar
F-15Beta_V1.5.rar
PKW_Weapons.7z
RHS-RF-Units-Weapons-v200.rar
someday_in_avgani_v01-2.7z
vilas_east.7z
vilas_gwp.7z
vilas_pwpn.7z

It's hard to tell which file the script "crapped out" on, because the missing files lists are not in alphabet order.

Edit: note that the LocalFiles.txt is not missing anything - there's whole content of my A1 and A2 folders listed there.

this is what i scooped up:

FOUND: 1st_Battalion_Para_Regiment.Sara.zip 
FOUND: [ARMA]_[MP-COOP]_Ambush.zip 
FOUND: OFrP_AmeAgaru.rar 
FOUND: Co10_AssassinsII.zip 
FOUND: CWR_BattleAtLolisse_MP.zip 
FOUND: CWR_BearsInRedWood_MP.zip 
FOUND: BlackSword_v3.zip 
FOUND: BleedingSkies_v2.0.zip 
FOUND: co06_Bomb_magnet.rar 
FOUND: oops_city_take_ortego_v1.0.zip 
FOUND: oops_city_take_paraiso_v1.2.zip 
FOUND: Eagle_Claw.rar 
FOUND: [R.O.S]_FCR.rar 
FOUND: @co_08_Get_them_back_PartOne.MAP_SSara.rar 
FOUND: co_10@_Get_them_back_PartTwo.MAP_SSara.rar 
FOUND: navyseals.rar 
FOUND: co12@Justice_for_all.7z 
FOUND: liberationv6_5_co4.rar 
FOUND: Boogie_Men.Porto.rar 
FOUND: OFrP_Neutralisation.rar 
FOUND: ACE_Operation_Al-Fajr.7z 
FOUND: co03_sneakybeaver.zip 
FOUND: Co02_ParaisoAssassination.zip 
FOUND: ARMA_MP-COOP_Red_Star_Com.zip 
FOUND: OFrP_SarinWarReborn.rar 
FOUND: DAC_SectorFight.rar 
FOUND: Co04_StealTheCar2-Bagango.zip 

2 hours ago, jerryhopper said:

can you be more specific? filename?  was it case-sensitivity that made the difference?

Files which script don't see

A1

ArmAMark_v1.zip
Armed-Assault_Editing-Guide_Deluxe_Edition_by_Mr-Murray_EN.7z
ffaa-arabes-v3.2.7z
PKW_Weapons.7z

A2

@caa1.7z
Japahto Islandsv1.1.exe
LittleBirds-CAA1Update2.21.7z
MAP_EU_V1.00.rar
quesh_kibrul-v2.rar