1LT D. Repo

ARMAHOLIC website not working

Feels kinda weird to see this post get pinned, I am really glad to see people cared about the site as much as I did. I still start my day and absent mindedly try and go to AH. Just to be reminded that it's gone (for now?). This support and response is why I love this community. 

• Like 2

Would anyone happen to have Binkowski's US Marines mod for ARMA 2 OA, or generally, any ARMA 2 OA mods and addons?
I've managed to dig up a couple more but I'm afraid they might be outdated

As a reminder to everyone, keep this thread civil and respectful or we will lock it. If you have an issue with a post, report it and the moderator staff team will review it.

Nothing really to add to this discussion except personal opinion...

Absolute madness that Armaholic is gone, it was basically my homepage for the best part of five years! I’m sure Fox has his reasons be them personal or financial, with the pandemic it’s possible something worse may of happened, who knows... we can only speculate.

I can only raise a beer to the accomplishment very few can undertake successfully for almost two decades. 🍺

• Like 3

Armaholic is knowledge of 15 years! This is  blocking access to such a library, and it is not okay and because of that I am sure that Foxhound will never let it happen this way..

• Like 1

Update!   No reply on email.
Also, i tried to call the listed number for joocoo.nl - which was out of service.  :(

Does anyone have any bright ideas?  

For those looking to re-build the armaholic archive, please DM me as I have a significant amount of A1 and A2 addons / mods / missions / scripts circa 2006 to Aug 2013 stored on the HD of my old computer. Last year I started transferring that content to an external HD so I will try and get it done ASAP. My old PC is in a storage box somewhere so I'll need to locate it first.

• Like 4

I really hope it would be possible to resurrect the whole Armaholic website, because other than being an unparalleled content library, it’s also the birthplace of many precious memories we all hold dear. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, jerryhopper said:

Also, i tried to call the listed number for joocoo.nl - which was out of service.  😞

Are we "sure" that Fox is alright ? I mean that there is still Covid-19 virus all over Europe and maybe (I hope not) he is not in condition to answer this moment. I was sick too and trust me ... ArmA was the least in my mind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nemanjic said:

This is  blocking access to such a library

https://web.archive.org/web/20210426052222/http://armaholic.com/

For now we can still access info from forums, and other relative information that is not downloadable.

As for what is still being hosted but not by Armaholic until we acquire the database

is the following sites for the following games, there may be more this is just a rough list i compiled bookmark

it or save it for your own refernces:

OFP's sites

Arma 1 mods

Arma 2/oa mods

Arma 3

3 minutes ago, Αplion said:

Are we "sure" that Fox is alright ?  I mean that there is still Covid-19 virus all over Europe

Good point!

He was last on this past wednesday so ... cant say, but his twitter post at least i can only guess hes ok but again we dont know,

lets hope that he is healthy and things are going fine for him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, jerryhopper said:

Also, i tried to call the listed number for joocoo.nl - which was out of service.  😞

Hmmm...

I think we will never get any anser from info@joocoo.nl, coz the domian joocoo.nl its still if you ping it "time out" so that its maybe offline.

but if you ping armaholic.com then you will see its still online.

was the E-mail from armaholic not info@armaholic.com?

I am not sure its that E-Mails then really send and to 100% receive on info@joocoo.nl or its that just a "Dead E-Mail" like a signal "Dont distube me" Yes he say contact to that adress but if not on so that e_mail mabye have not a install and aktiv E-mail server. and that would explain why neverone get any ansers

Maybe he make with that e-mail a Mistext too we know soooo many things not yet about that all.

What for E-mails was now all used?

Ok... im focussing on ADDONS.    there are also scenario' and other stuff,  i think the best is to start with all Addons.

Progress update : 
i have managed to get all download-pages for addons per game/category.  (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_KEtRnFGarvXR2yDPrFdFLI0tqvdEhY0?usp=sharing)

Todo (in progress): 
Parse the above lists,  grab the addon-information ( filename ) and store that in a database. From then on we will have at least a list of filenames.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I actually went to MODDB yesterday and installed what I could, but thank you!
  I found out that Binkowski's US Marines replacement needs the actual original mod.

55 minutes ago, MarineRecon191 said:

I found out that Binkowski's US Marines replacement needs the actual original mod.

Yes it does require binks mod, iirc I made it so it replaces the original OA blufor units.

Which reminds me, most of my signature links are dead now Armaholic is dead. 🤦🏻‍♂️

As many people seems to have wanted resources, I believe that would be much difficult to share and make just one "site like" repository for all of them acting with simple posts for each addon - mod - script - etc ...

Hosting space - site choice, is what I think that we need to solve before sharing links and stuff here ... also we might need some coordinators on that project as well.

Afterall we want to build a new "armaholic" by the meaning of resources keeping place (am I wrong on that ?).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarineRecon191 said:

What you need, is the requirement mod:  A-stan marines 
filename: astanmarinesbeta.7z
pbo-filename: foxus_astanmarines.pbo

13 hours ago, MarineRecon191 said:

Yes, thank you!

Does that do what you need, or do you need anything else binks related ?

(I've updated the previous post)

Hi, there. I used to make a content for A2 since 2012, but I finish to do it several years ago. Now I decided to come back in A3, downloaded some stuff from armaholic, but unfortunately it was closed. I use other resourses, but they don't have things wich I need, like some old mods for ArmA 2. I need to find original Robert Hammer's weapons pack. Could you help me with it? 

25 minutes ago, MarkHunter1997 said:

Hi, there. I used to make a content for A2 since 2012, but I finish to do it several years ago. Now I decided to come back in A3, downloaded some stuff from armaholic, but unfortunately it was closed. I use other resourses, but they don't have things wich I need, like some old mods for ArmA 2. I need to find original Robert Hammer's weapons pack. Could you help me with it? 

First few I came across: (you need any of these ?)

RH_hk416

RH_M4

RH_M14

RH_Mgswp

RH_Mk18

RH_PDW

RH_Pistol_pack

We use a lot of our own stuff, so these are just archived in 7-zip, there will also be unpacked ones to.

Probably more if there was more on AH, we'll probably have it.

As a group we hold a huge archive of mainly Arma/Arma2/Arma2OA, a little Arma 3 (not much). But getting all that together would be better done with organisation, we haven't the time, but once someone works out that side, we're happy to supply what we have.

On the other hand if you know the exact thing you want and need it, put the name on the thread here. We'll have a look, when we see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow they actually pulled the plug but didn't archive the stuff?? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, matt714 said:

Wow they actually pulled the plug but didn't archive the stuff?? 

They? You mean Foxhound the man the myth, the legend ... the Boss that ran Armaholic, no he didn't just pull the plug

he has the whole database of everything, if you go back a few pages one of the posters, posted a twitter post of Foxhound

stating he has the database, the site wasn't hacked, or anything of the sort, and any inquiries to acquire the database contact him

at his supplied email address.

Read my post one up, theres a link at the top that archives the site but that is not the site that still exist, although we can still see

content from the forum, just nothing we can download, Jerryhopper is working on recovering addons and mods from it.

15+ years of content between 4-5 games you aint going to just pull the plug and all is gone, Foxhound among the others that

worked on and for the site cherished and are proud of what they built, so its highly unlikely they dropped it and left.

As much as the demise of Armaholic is a genuine tragedy it's not entirely unsolveable - we've lost and restored other archives over the years, although we've lost far more than we've restored. Halofiles.org(?) comes to mind, as we lost that without much in the way of warning, wiping out a significant chunk of the early modding scene for the game. 

I do hope someone is able to get in touch with Foxhound soon, or the Wayback method is able to restore as much of the files as possible. Time and effort at the end of the day.