bardosy

How to remove Laws of War logo from mission loading screen? [SOLVED]

I'm making a Vietnam mission, but Laws of War logo shows in my loading screen.

I didnt (want to) use any Laws of War stuff in my mission. Probably I do something, because there was no Laws of War logo in any other missions of mine.

I checked every objects what I use in this mission, but none of them is related to Laws of war. Most of them is SOG Praerie Fire object and a few common (like respawn position object).

How can I remove this?

It seems somehow I put something in the mission from "Old man"... I am really sure I didnt, but the mission.sqm list "Old man" as a requested DLC. And If I remove old man from the mission.sqm, the editor put it back.

I am working on a campaign, so I use the same objects and modules and markers and triggers in all missions. But only this one mention old man and show the Laws of War logo in the loading screen.

Any advice what VERY COMMON class is depend on Old man?

Here's your answer:

On 5/25/2021 at 4:30 PM, bardosy said:

SOG Praerie Fire object

Quite a number of SOG:PF objects are simple retextures of other Arma 3 assets, including DLC objects. "Simple" to the point that few of the items (cardboard boxes and food sacks) even retain "IDAP" in object name. That's what must be creating the reliance of your mission on Laws of War and Apex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Use your own pictures, it's a great way to set the mood or tone of a mission too. There's several options for displaying pictures at different times, so just do a page search for "picture". I always use my own pictures. 

Edit:

You can also set a rotation of randomly selected pictures while your mission loads, instead of just showing one:

loadScreen = __EVAL(selectRandom ["pics\loadScreens\01.jpg","pics\loadScreens\02.jpg","pics\loadScreens\03.jpg","pics\loadScreens\04.jpg","pics\loadScreens\05.jpg"]);

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beno_83au said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Use your own pictures, it's a great way to set the mood or tone of a mission too. There's several options for displaying pictures at different times, so just do a page search for "picture". I always use my own pictures. 

Edit:

You can also set a rotation of randomly selected pictures while your mission loads, instead of just showing one:

loadScreen = __EVAL(selectRandom ["pics\loadScreens\01.jpg","pics\loadScreens\02.jpg","pics\loadScreens\03.jpg","pics\loadScreens\04.jpg","pics\loadScreens\05.jpg"]);

Thanks, but it's not THAT picture! There is my mission's loading picture and NEXT to this there are the Laws of War logo. I am afraid I put something in my mission what REQUIRE Laws of War DLC. But I want to make my mission only need Vietnam DLC.

But thanks for the info about the multiple pictures. I only used one. Good to know.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Here's your answer:

Quite a number of SOG:PF objects are simple retextures of other Arma 3 assets, including DLC objects. "Simple" to the point that few of the items (cardboard boxes and food sacks) even retain "IDAP" in object name. That's what must be creating the reliance of your mission on Laws of War and Apex.

Thank you! I will check those objects: My only guess I used a sign (a USA flag table and a "sweet home" sign). Your advice is a big help to find the problem.

Thank you again for the info.

correct me if i am wrong... but as far as i have experienced you only need a dlc if you use,wear or drive a dlc content right?

but using other content such as objects inside a mission won't necessarily make you buy the dlc right?

1 hour ago, Alert23 said:

correct me if i am wrong... but as far as i have experienced you only need a dlc if you use,wear or drive a dlc content right?

but using other content such as objects inside a mission won't necessarily make you buy the dlc right?

I hope so! But until I didnt find it was only an object, I cannot be sure. And even when I find it, I hate that logo on the loading screen, because players who download it from Workshop will think twice to play with it in the same reason, they are not sure.

4 hours ago, bardosy said:

There is my mission's loading picture and NEXT to this there are the Laws of War logo.

For anyone wondering how things look on Bardosy's screen, here's some random Arma vid that has the same thing happening - mission overview picture, and DLC "ad" right next to it.

2 hours ago, Alert23 said:

you only need a dlc if you use,wear or drive a dlc content right?

Yes and yes.

Even more - it's possible to use DLC equipment (weapons, uniforms, vehicles) for a limited amount of time, just with annoying DLC logos floating on your screen.

Still - I'll post on the SOG:PF feedback tracker that a number of objects creates inheritance/nag screens of other DLCs. That shouldn't happen, and unless BI/SGD wants us to "buy DLC to play another DLC", they should be able to duplicate some of that content. Especially since: 1. SOG:PF already has duplicates of objects from base Arma 3, and 2. BI themselves moved a lot of DLC data to base game, when other DLCs used it (for example infantry models used by both Apex and Contact guerrillas).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Still - I'll post on the SOG:PF feedback tracker that a number of objects creates inheritance/nag screens of other DLCs. That shouldn't happen, and unless BI/SGD wants us to "buy DLC to play another DLC", they should be able to duplicate some of that content. Especially since: 1. SOG:PF already has duplicates of objects from base Arma 3, and 2. BI themselves moved a lot of DLC data to base game, when other DLCs used it (for example infantry models used by both Apex and Contact guerrillas).

If you do that, please post the tracker link here, so I can add my confirmation too.

I think I'll have to eat a crow - I've checked a number of objects, which are variations of DLC objects, and none of them created any DLC requirement for me. According to Eden Config Viewer, all of the objects in SOG:PF are configured separately, with their own inheritance trees (which makes sense in case of DLC-derived objects, but not so much with variations of base game content).

Still, there's clearly something afoot - those nag screens shouldn't appear out of thin air. I own all the DLCs, so maybe that's why I'm unable to see any "hidden link" between SOG:PF and Laws of War.

In any case, here's my ticket. Since I couldn't reproduce your issue, I made it mostly about the "IDAP" name, but in additional information I've described your problem. Without access to the configs I can't really say if it's all part of one big problem, or not (let's just say I tend to not trust Config Viewer in editor).

• Like 3

Thanks to @krzychuzokecia, I solved the problem. I put a sign table (from the section of Vietnam objects) to a camp.

Yesterday I remove these (vietnam themed) sign objects and VOILA, the Laws of War logo disappear.

You mean the "Banner" (one with insignias of 101st Airborne, or 1st AirCav etc.)? It was one of the object I checked - according to editor, it doesn't create dependancy on LoW addons, nor it inherits from LoW classes. And it doesn't even have dlc="orange"; parameter, so...

...as I suspected before, the editor is lying! Never trust the machine! :D