bunnyman

False Flag or propaganda unit?

I have an idea for an AI group, of say 4 men, BLUFOR. This squad is a kind of CIA or false flag squad, spreading propoganda etc. The effect I am looking for is that the AI group will change the relationship between OPFOR and the civilian population.

I see three options to represent this.

a) the squad kills change the relationship rating to a negative between the OPFOR and the Civilians,

b) the presence of the squad in civilian areas (among crowds?) increases the chance for a civilian to turn renegade and thus effectively act in opposition to OPFOR.

c) the unit (AI if possible) can have the ability "turn" captured civilians or enemy soldiers to renegades.

I want the squad to be the only squad on BLUFOR to have this effect, I do not want the entire BLUFOR to have a relationship status change. Another option 

I am assuming it will involve addRating or HandleRating. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by bunnyman
for clarity

The rating is more a personal data for each unit. Any unit/player's rating below -2000 (i.e. < -2000) shifts this unit/player into renegade, so alone in a group belonging to enemySide (all units are hostile).

If you want to change the relationship between 2 sides, you need to use setFriend command. For example:
east setFriend [civilian,0];
civilian setFriend [east,0];

Notes:
In MP, this command must be run on server;
In fact, civilian are already enemies of east, by default. That is not evident til you give a weapon to the civilian!

• Like 2

If you want individual civilians to be affected by the "propaganda factor", I'd do it by creating a list (server only) keeping track of each civilian (and enemy soldier if you like) and the "affinity factor" of those civilians, let's say in the range 0 to 100. That way, you can let the civilians be influenced using triggers, actions or whatever you like and when the affinity factor crosses a set level, you can make that particular unit switch (or join) sides.

I would go about the side switch by spawning a new group belonging to the side that you wish the civilian to join and then transferring that civilian to the group in question. Then you can switch civilians to blufor (or perhaps indep) whenever they've been infuenced enough to switch sides.