ClonedToKill420

Blackscreen on launch, have to force close

I successfully downloaded and played for 5 hours this week, but now when i try to play, the launcher successfully opens, but when launched the game causes a black screen condition that i believe shuts down my monitor as it doesnt react to any other input. My graphics card is working properly and i have validated/verified the game files. There is no audio present during this condition and the only way i am able to get out of it so far is to either restart my computer manually or spam ctrl alt del or f4 while unplugging and replugging th emonitor. all other games launch and run fine through steam and other launchers. Monitor is a couple year old mid grade MSI and graphics card is a GTX 1070. I'm not very computer savvy and have only had this PC a couple of months. It ran flawlessly the first day i downloaded it and hasnt worked since. I haven't been able to get help anywhere including the arma subreddit. Any ideas are much appreciated

Welcome to BI forums!

Sorry to read about the issue your dealing with, about the only things that come to mind is, either the monitor is failing, the GPU is failing,

or the GPU is overheating, so with that have you checked the temps of your gpu to see if that could be the cause?

Take a look at this site, its about monitoring the temps of your GPU, plus it has various tools to pick from all free.

https://www.gpumag.com/monitor-gpu-temperature/

Whether its your issue or not, its a good place to start as black screen is usually gpu related.

Lastly if anything you can ask the computer/Arma experts here on this thread

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

its not really a trouble shooting thread but im sure they could tell you what to look for or do as

they test computers, and parts with Arma all the time, but try the temps first, hope that helps.

I have played Arma 3 for years. A little over a year ago, it started black screen crashing on me, at random times. I replaced my older GPU with a newer one and it never happened again. My new card is not the newest card around, but I went from 3gb to 8gb vram and it never happened again.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I’ll look in to my CPU temps and see about borrowing a known good monitor and graphics card from a coworker.