DSabre

Secret Weapons (reloaded)

SECRET WEAPONS (reloaded)

WW2 themed aviation addon. Reboot of the original Secret Weapons mod.

QaXXc9y.jpeg

EG9wY5U.jpeg

6JhYjKh.jpg

3pYkOI4.jpg

jRnHYi4.jpeg

OkFuy6z.jpg

The reboot will not be compatible. It will focus on selected aircraft allowing for more detail while reducing external assets to simplify licensing matters.

Since the original mod was discontinued in 2019 you should be using the successor mods Flying Legends and Naval Legends instead for the time being.

Release of Phase I is scheduled for sometime in winter

(may change to an earlier or later date at any time).

CREDITS:

Emmanuel Barranger (Helijah) for all aircraft 3d models http://helijah.free.fr https://sketchfab.com/helijah/models

Carpet bomb module by TeTeT, gunsight reticle template courtesy of Kju (IFA3), 

Mod compilation, textures, materials, assets, model import, rigging, coding and setup by SAB

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Preliminary plan, subject to random changes (spanning several months/years):

Phase I (Heavy Metal): heavy bombers and ground support aircraft + carpet bomb module (B 17, Handley Page Halifax, He 177, IL-2, Bf 110, Ju 87),

Phase II (Fighter Wing): medium bombers and fighters (La-5, Tupolev SB, A-26, He 111, I-16, P-38)

Phase III (Secret Weapons):  transport and support aircraft as well as some of the secret weapons (C-47, Me 262, Do 335, Ho 229, Ar 234)

Phase IV (Battlehawks): selected aircraft from the pacific theater (F6F, TBF Avenger, Val, Kate)

In parallel some additional aircraft are planned for Flying Legends mod (Ju52, F4U, A6M)

• Like 10

Excited to see this coming. Looking forward to that A-26 in particular!

It's basically the same as is currently in the mod - with a few more details, a basic interior and Flying Legends functions. Some way off since it is part of Phase II though.

EgLleaL.png

• Like 2

This all looks incredible. I'm a fly boy at heart and these models are so good. Thanks for all your work!

Nice to see more progress and the plans for each phase. The details make quite a difference in the long run.

looking forward to new update, is it possible for a legacy version of old version to be uploaded? I know you said won't be compatible with each other but just wondering.

wow , these planes would be amazing on that seattle terrain , thank you for sharing DSabre , Godspeed  :)

two questions. 

1. for those of us who use this mod and spent big amounts of hours retexturing for projects will most of the American aircraft that are already in stay?

2. if most aircraft are going to be yeeted will there be a legacy version uploaded for people who wanna keep their retexture work without it being for naught.

6 hours ago, KaiserWillhelmII said:

2. if most aircraft are going to be yeeted will there be a legacy version uploaded for people who wanna keep their retexture work without it being for naught.

Make a copy of the mod, rename and save it, and then when you want to use it then just load it through the Arma 3  launcher like normal but

as a local mod, with a changed name it wont conflict with the workshop version.

Just remove the meta.ccp and mod.ccp file in the new copy.

Above is a list of aircraft that are planned for the new version, no other items or assets will be included.

No - there are no plans for maintaining outdated versions.

The mod was labeled discontinued for quite some time with the advice to use Flying Legends and Naval Legends instead. In fact the last effective update was August 2019.

Anyway I have postponed the new versions phase I release to sometime in winter.

• Like 2

for those of us who dont wanna make 3 dependencies for our mod can we get a legacy version will even throw money for such thing.

There is a description above explaining all questions you had (perhaps I will add to it to make things even more clear),

my signature reads NO REQUESTS PLEASE. Repeating the same question/request over and over will not help.