DSabre

Secret Weapons Reloaded

Looks like I got pretty far before the summer break. After putting a few hours more into it the last couple of days I have decided to release what we have so far.

Not sure how much more will be added or improved. Improvement is quite unlikely actually, perhaps another 2 or 3 aircraft. Don't count on it : )

Also, due to the limited scope, this is a separate release. I will keep the old outdated original up in the workshop for a while longer so you can fix your missions. The old mod will still be removed sometime in future. Fix your missions and submods!

Edited by DSabre

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

v 0.011

initial release

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hey DSabre,

What historical sources are you using to determine what the armaments on a plane are to have?

Testing out the mod and i mainly fly the Ju 87G you have in the original mod Secret Weapons a Ju 87G with both the

bk37mm cannons and two 20mm MG 151/20 cannon, but in the reloaded version you have just the bk37mm gunpods.

I have labeled it an arcade mod. That way there is no obligation for realism. In the case of the the current version the Ju 87 is based on IL-2 nevertheless.

People got confused when I sometimes used actual armament names back for the old mod as that implied some kind of research. Didn't really research aircraft for the original mod. Not planning to start now. That is why things are only named LMG/HMG/Cannon here.

Of course you are all free to change things with a config mod or simply use addWeapon/addMagazine commands.

• Like 3

Thank you for the update. It seems like the JU 86 disapeared from Flying Legends although it is in the folder. Was that intentional? It is a great aircraft 🙂

That should be explained in the flying legends patch notes or the thread on this forum (hint: it  was removed nearly 1 year ago).  It may come back whenever it is updated which may or may not happen.

Edited by DSabre

Great Mod. I can't seem to get the bombers to drop bombs using the SW Carpet Bomb Module. I've used it loads of times and rewatched TeTeT's tutorial and im doing everything right. Is this mod not compatable with the Module?

this mod has its own carpet module. SW is outdated, not supported for years and should not be used. No, not compatible.

(IIRC you only need to sync this new version to an aircraft, add 4 waypoints and it should work out of the box - already setup for the B-17)

Edited by DSabre

Thanks for adding in the B-17, with an interior! Great work so far Sab.

Next phase could see some US planes. Again as always, they may or may not be added to the mod.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false   ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false   ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Depends if I can find some interiors to copy/paste/adapt and reduce work that way. Otherwise I may become bored again. Perhaps I`ll use the P-51s interior in some way.

• Like 9

Nicely done as always Sab 👍......oh !! do I see a P40 Kittyhawk ?

An A-26 and a P-40! You are the man!

P-51 interior would probably suffice for the P-40 & P-38, and perhaps the Mosquito cockpit for the A-26?

• Like 1

looks awesome! Im still try to keep the old version for as long as I can I still use it for naval aviation for ww2 XD but the flying legend stuff is awesome and the naval legends have made my Guadalcanal mission really immersive.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

v 0.012

- fixed Il-2 damage visualisation
- fixed Ju 87 tailwheel shadow LoD
- fixed Ju 87 texture error
- fixed B-17 engine power settings
- fixed B-17 gauges
- fixed B-17 shadow LoD
- added B-17 cowl flap
- updated B-17 metal finish livery (Aluminum Overcast)
- changed B-17 roundel from early to mid/late
- added A-26

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey Sab question for you,

working on my new mod for SW Reloaded here, and theres something i been wanting to try out and or do, but i cannot

for the life of me locate the file or the sound for the 37mm Gunpods for the Ju87.

What im interested in doing is changing the firing sound of the 37mm gunpod to another sound that was a real sound from the actual

37mm gunpod used in WW2, again i cannot locate any references, line of code, or even a sound file for this gun. 😞

I looked in Flying Legends (not all files), and even SWR files again not all the files just those specific to the Ju87 but nothing, how is it done?

There are no weapon configs in SWR, only blank aircraft. All of that is in sab_flyinglegends. In your particular case you have to look in cfgWeapons.

Thanks Sab, looked but couldn't find nothing specific to the sound of what the 37mm gun pod sound is.

Anyways was testing out the Ju87 again this morning and noticed you actually have a bomb window in the floor!

That just totally made the plane for divebombing actually functional! Thank you!

Something i want to point out on the Ju87, not requesting btw just feedback, is the pilot's cabin window doesn't slide all

the way back to where it stops or hits the antenna, and the pilots left foot is part almost halfway in the bombing window on the floor.

Cabin open position is my personal preference right now. If fully open it feels like I am going to fall out. May change at some time, or not.

Pilot animation/pose in most aircraft are default arma poses which do not usually fit well. If there is no custom pose applied yet, it is unlikely that I will make one in future due to time restraints.

DEV blog

sUdINwE.jpg   4TGgyVN.jpg

Focus now lies on the Pacific theatre.

P-38 is pretty much finished and should be added soon. TBF and D3A/B5N hopefully follow sometime later.

The P-40 suffered a setback as somehow it is not possible to align the pilot with the gunsight properly.

• Like 4

With the P-40, are you referring to the iron sights that are offset to the right? Those were not on every model P-40 and could be replaced with just the standard reflector sight if that would solve the issue?

As pilot you can't see where you are shooting. The nose is too long/high.

So can't even place a gunsight. Id have to move the pilot so far up he clips through the hood to have a glimpse even.

I could place the guns above the wings but that feels akward, or add an angle to shoot upwards. Also awkward.

This is a common issue but so far the worst I have encountered in making / porting many dozen aircraft