(Paint dot NET .pdn format)

3d models on Sketchfab

Edited by DSabre
texture templates updated
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Guides:

• Like 10

Excited to see this coming. Looking forward to that A-26 in particular!

It's basically the same as is currently in the mod - with a few more details, a basic interior and Flying Legends functions. Some way off since it is part of Phase II though.

EgLleaL.png

• Like 2

This all looks incredible. I'm a fly boy at heart and these models are so good. Thanks for all your work!

Nice to see more progress and the plans for each phase. The details make quite a difference in the long run.

looking forward to new update, is it possible for a legacy version of old version to be uploaded? I know you said won't be compatible with each other but just wondering.

wow , these planes would be amazing on that seattle terrain , thank you for sharing DSabre , Godspeed  :)

two questions. 

1. for those of us who use this mod and spent big amounts of hours retexturing for projects will most of the American aircraft that are already in stay?

2. if most aircraft are going to be yeeted will there be a legacy version uploaded for people who wanna keep their retexture work without it being for naught.

6 hours ago, KaiserWillhelmII said:

2. if most aircraft are going to be yeeted will there be a legacy version uploaded for people who wanna keep their retexture work without it being for naught.

Make a copy of the mod, rename and save it, and then when you want to use it then just load it through the Arma 3  launcher like normal but

as a local mod, with a changed name it wont conflict with the workshop version.

Just remove the meta.ccp and mod.ccp file in the new copy.

Above is a list of aircraft that are planned for the new version, no other items or assets will be included.

No - there are no plans for maintaining outdated versions.

The mod was labeled discontinued for quite some time with the advice to use Flying Legends and Naval Legends instead. In fact the last effective update was August 2019.

Anyway I have postponed the new versions phase I release to sometime in winter.

• Like 2

There is a description above explaining all questions you had (perhaps I will add to it to make things even more clear),

my signature reads NO REQUESTS PLEASE. Repeating the same question/request over and over will not help.

Hi DSabre

Its been a couple months since you been on the forums here, figured your busy with the planes,

anyways i wanted to ask a question about Secret Weapons and more specifically the Ju87 with the attached pylon gunpods.

Question is, in your cfgmagazines config (original discontinued mod) you have the

class sab_cannon_37_ap_pylonweapon : sab_24rnd_37mm_mag {
        scope = public;
        displayName = "POD BK 37 mm AP";
        displayNameShort = "37 mm AP";
        count = 18;

count = 18;  at the bottom there set to 18 which makes it 36 rds ingame.

In the war it was normal for the gunpods to only carry 12 rds per pod/ per wing, it was fed 2 6rd clips to a pod, which in turn

allowed for a total of 24rds to work with. Was there a particular reason you had set the bk 37 pods to use 36rds vs the standard 24?

Heres a pic btw of a crewman loading the bk37 with 6rd clips

WJRwZfsl.jpg

It is possible that we started with 24 (see mag name), people complained and I upped it to 36. Can't remember for certain.

• Thanks 1

On 11/9/2021 at 4:12 AM, DSabre said:

people complained and I upped it to 36.

😂 People complained ... no!

The thing is, it dont matter how many rds the gun can carry if you cant put them rds on target then what good is it.

Its not about what you have, its about how you get there and what you do with it, most people want to fly fast as hell,

their in a rush, their careless and not interested, not focused, they just want to shoot a different gun with a plane and feel

and think how cool it is, thats how it comes across anyways.

For those pilots who actually fly and take their time, its learning to line up your sites at the right distance

at the right time, and adjusting your speed in a manner that allows you to do that, in my opinion and experience as i have quite a number of videos

that show me doing this, is if you learn to keep your speed low, and your altitude at a certain height, you should be able to put many rds

if not knock out a tank, and or target when you come apon them.

The faster you go the less time you have to put rds on target that is if your even accurate, you cant go from super fast, or fast and expect to hit something

as your response time is impededed by your speed, so until you can put a rd on target every time you zero in on a target you should fly slow, and only increase

the speed as you get accurate and can knock out tanks and or targets your aiming for.

Hans Ulrich Rudel btw would fly slow and be about treetop level, or 30m above the tanks on the Eastern front when he engaged tanks,

other times he was at different heights depending on the target.

• Like 2

Good point! It's all in the technique in how one engages targets, you look at real-world examples like Hans Ulrich as mentioned and with time you can replicate it in game.
I get why someone would complain, but would you extend the magazine on a Kar98k? Learn to make the shot count.

Anyway, back on topic, eager to hear on progress myself 😁

• Like 1

Looking foward to this, any news on the release date of heavy metal? I'd love to fly the lancaster and b17. 

Made an account just to say how excited I am for this. Been playing all of your aviation Mods for years, countless happy hours in both single player and multiplayer. Recently started a unit that runs off of secret weapons for the bomber crews and flying legends for the fighters, after running countless side ops using the flying Mods. So much fun, can't express how happy I am these Mods exist and how much fun they've given me, my friends and the people in the various units who put up with my whack missions, which are only made possible by awesome Mods like this. 

Absolutely cannot wait for this Mods release and can't wait to get home and show everyone this thread and the aircraft that are coming. Guessing release is sometime soon with  Winter ending soon? Either way, cannot wait

o7

• Like 1

(To note - I understand secret weapons has been discontinued for a long time and you have advised people against using or relying on it but people love being apart of a large bomber crew too much not to use it lol) 

Thanks for the replies. Winter has just begun here and I have not lifted a finger since summer. Can't remember discussing a lancaster. The pic above is a Handley Page Halifax.

FpRjytk.jpg   oAPexkV.jpg

I am not really into arma much anymore. Plans are changed but there probably will be a release of some kind, perhaps less planes and less details.

• Like 3

You're the only guy making this kind of stuff Sab, it's much needed for the WW2 MilSim community. You've got fans out here! Hope you continue to do the work. 👍

Still excited for these! Hope you get your ARMA mojo back.