BrendoB47

Maneuverability Suite for Firewill's Aircraft

**Since I have made a similar change to the F-16 Fighting Falcon mod, the complete works posted here will now be referred to as the Maneuverability Suite**

---Original Description---
This mod is a config patch with the goal to make the aerodynamics of Firewill's amazing F-15 Eagle more realistic.  Currently, it is functional for all of Firewill's F-15 models, including F-15A/B/C/D/E, F-15SE, and F-15B Civilian.  I have not yet gotten to patching the Legacy and SE models.  I have plans to do this for more planes in the future, as I want to more realistic air combat with my Arma group.

------

The goal of this suite is to enhance the handling characteristics of Firewill's aircraft in order to make them more compatible with Vanilla A3 assets, a larger assortment of mod assets, as well as easier to fly for people wishing for (slightly) more realistic performance.

The most recent addon is the mod designed for Firewill's F-16.

I'm open to suggestions to improve the current state of the mod as well as to add new patches for other modders' planes.

F-15 Eagle Fix: Steam Workshop

F-16 Fighting Falcon Fix: Steam Workshop

To-Do List:

Teen Series:
     F-14
     F-18 Legacy Hornet
     F-18 Super Hornet

Next-Generation:

F-23A Gray Ghost (Not sure about F-22 since USAF mod has it and supposedly tuned it to be like the DCS one)

Any questions regarding the F-15 Eagle mod or any of Firewill's aircraft as a whole should be directed to Firewill, who made them.

If anyone wants to help me tune the performance of these planes, pleas feel free to reply.  The only one of these I have in DCS is the F-15C

As a sort of easter egg, I hid some commented code which can give the vanilla M61 cannon to the planes.  It was experimental, but fun to try out if only for 5 minutes.
Thanks to POLPOX for helping me fix bugs in the Arma 3 Discord

• Like 2

my only issue with firewills aircraft are the radar and missile engagement ranges. the radars only go out to 8km where as Vanilla planes and SAMs go out to 16km. this hinders the capabilites of the radar based missiles and HARMs

On 5/25/2021 at 8:48 PM, cu3b4ll said:

my only issue with firewills aircraft are the radar and missile engagement ranges. the radars only go out to 8km where as Vanilla planes and SAMs go out to 16km. this hinders the capabilites of the radar based missiles and HARMs

Ctrl+] cycles the radar display range.  Check keybindings for more info