Sign in to follow this  
Benaksoy

Veteran mode navigation

I've completed all 3 of the stock campaigns under cadet mode and now I want to try it in veteran mode. The difficulty is about the same for me except for one thing. Navigation! I have no idea where to go without the waypoint icon on my screen! I know that you can use landscape features and use your compass to locate the waypoint but on some misions, the waypoint is in the middle of a forest with a 10 meter radius. It's almost impossible to find. Am I missing something because I consider myself an extremely competant player but veteran mode is just impossible unless you're not the leader. Anyone complete all the campaigns under veteran mode?

You can look on the map and find the grid references......

However i have absolutely NO idea about what that "all, move to 19 67" stuff is about.

Its fairly obvious when you get stuff like: "all, move to church, 12o' clock"

Or you can disable some options in cadet mode to be closer to the veteran mode. I play myself with all option disabled in cadet mode. Only one otpion is on: enemy TAG. With my poor eyes sometime I try to kill some bushes at 300m. tounge.gif

You can also enable Extended map info.

And try the super AI if you are "extremely competant"   biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

@Jamesia

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE WOMAN YOU WILL MARRY!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 07 2003,18:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can look on the map and find the grid references......

However i have absolutely NO idea about what that "all, move to 19 67" stuff is about.

Its fairly obvious when you get stuff like: "all, move to church, 12o' clock"<span id='postcolor'>

It's simple, just add a 0 to every number, 19 = 190, 67 = 670

190° and 670 meters from your Cmd's point of view.

I never did understand why people get so lost. crazy.gif

I never play on easy mode, and I always play with super ai. You will learn your way around if you dont use that gps stuff

Knowing your way around maps and knowing where the leaders want you to go are different things...

I always know where i am on maps in flashpoint.....

But do you know what Bf34 looks like on Malden? I thought not.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 07 2003,21:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Knowing your way around maps and knowing where the leaders want you to go are different things...

I always know where i am on maps in flashpoint.....

But do you know what Bf34 looks like on Malden? I thought not.....<span id='postcolor'>

yes I do tounge.gif nothing but water at that point.

Do you know where you are at IJ45 on Nogova? If you go to see where it is you'll get the joke tounge.gif

Sometimes it's hard to navigate on Kolgujev. But basically once you learn a little about the mountain you figure it out pretty fast.

Tuned off cadet mode first day I played OFP have not seen the GPS since or maybe I just poked it off the map  biggrin.gif

Never been lost in OFP could be down to the fact I do lots of rock climbing and have to navigate through mountains to get there or that i was into orienteering when I was young. I just wish the compass was a Silva.

OFP is good enought to teach map and compass work.

I loved that mission in Cold War Crisis where you had to navigate by the stars.

I have been playing a mission for my new wetsuits where you navigate by the sound and lights of the light houses right out at sea.

I also love it when the fog and rain come down. Its just like the Mountain Leaders course micro navigation module at Plas y Brenin. Except its not so cold and you aint wearing your Triple Point.

Has any one produced a random drop off and find where you are mission or a set of orienteering missions?

Kind Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (walker @ Feb. 08 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I loved that mission in Cold War Crisis where you had to navigate by the stars.<span id='postcolor'>

Huh? Which one is that?

I never bothered navigating by the stars on that mission, I just used logic, and realised that if I had just come over the mountain then I just had to head downhill...seemed to work fine for me tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Feb. 08 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey anyone remember this: All go to HE11.  tounge.gif  confused.gif

Yeah i know, old joke.<span id='postcolor'>

What island?

or is it a joke in that in looks like hell?  confused.gif

On that mission 'captured' i just got into the Hind and flew away  biggrin.gif

I'm serious, what mission did you navigate by the stars?

I don't have the game installed right now and I haven't played in a while.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanVagabond @ Feb. 08 2003,16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm serious, what mission did you navigate by the stars?

I don't have the game installed right now and I haven't played in a while.<span id='postcolor'>

Its called 'captured'. You are the pilot and are captured by russians, and you have your map taken away, so to escape you have to navigate using the stars. You dont even know which way is north. (in your notes it shows you what the big dipper looks like to help you)

Potentially the best mission in the game, that one. But I just jumped into the Hind and just simply flew off. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Feb. 08 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Potentially the best mission in the game, that one. But I just jumped into the Hind and just simply flew off.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

so did i. but i needed some time untill i was faster than my guards and got in before they shot me. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Feb. 09 2003,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or, after you get captured and it is night time, you can take the BMP biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yep me to. I run like hell, jump in BMP and climb the hill tounge.gif

as soon as i get near the bmp i jump in it run everyone over with it and take the hind and blast everything.