truffleshuffle03

Can you disarm traps on prairie fire?

I have been doing a solo campaign and on the mission Bright Light I can get to the crawling around in the tunnel with pretty much no issue but once in the tunnel if you encounter traps which you do most of the time there is no way to disarm them that I have found. I have tried getting up to them and scroll wheeling only to get no disarm option only getting earplug option. I have tried grenades and even placed c4 basically on top of them yet nothing seems to work. Every trap in the tunnel is the Whip trap. The only way I have found to get rid of them is to take a hit. If I am carrying a med kit sometimes it's not too bad but things like instantly dying, get hit and fall through the map, Or get hit and get stuck laying down happens a lot. Is there any way to disarm them?

You'll need to 'mark' them first so they appear with the red triangle over the mine, then you'll get the option to disarm them.
It can be quite difficult to 'mark' them so you might have to try looking at different parts of the mine until you get it.
The I believe default button is the "Reveal Target" key in the "Weapons" category of the controls

Here's an example from a YouTube video of the mission.