Porvoo

Eden Editor freezing

When I start arma 3 on my pc for the first time, it runs fine, no lag, no issues, but when I start it for a second or third time without restarting my pc, everything is much slower, no in game lag, but for example I press on opfor in eden editor while I am on the blufor tab, the game freezes for about 10 seconds, then it goes to the opfor tab, this also happens when I try and pause the game. I press escape, wait about 10 seconds, then it pauses.

@Porvoo

Welcome to BI forums!

Please post your computer specs.

Also when you start the game, in your arma 3 launcher make sure the logs are on in the parameters tab (logs box unchecked)

then start the game, and after the game freezes, and you quit, go to this folder

on your computer -----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

inside it is a notepad document, it should be blue, it will say rpt and then some numbers, open that with notepad,

then copy everything in it and paste it on this site -----> https://justpaste.it/

after pasting it, click the red publish button at the bottom middle, then at the top grab the link, and post it in your reply.

This log file or RPT as its called will provide information about your computer specs, any mods being run, any errors, and

any other issues going on with the game, its where you want to begin when you have issues with the game.

11 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

@Porvoo

Welcome to BI forums!

Please post your computer specs.

Also when you start the game, in your arma 3 launcher make sure the logs are on in the parameters tab (logs box unchecked)

then start the game, and after the game freezes, and you quit, go to this folder

on your computer -----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

inside it is a notepad document, it should be blue, it will say rpt and then some numbers, open that with notepad,

then copy everything in it and paste it on this site -----> https://justpaste.it/

after pasting it, click the red publish button at the bottom middle, then at the top grab the link, and post it in your reply.

This log file or RPT as its called will provide information about your computer specs, any mods being run, any errors, and

any other issues going on with the game, its where you want to begin when you have issues with the game.

https://justpaste.it/6gg5o My specs are as listed, Intel Core i9, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler with 240mm radiator, Corsair 4000X Mid-Tower case, Corsair RM 750x PSU, Seagate barracuda 4TB HDD, Corsair vengeance RGB pro 32 GB, Asus prime z490-A, MSI 2080 Super, and a wd black nvme ssd

Thank you for the info and rpt!

Answer these questions for me please:

1. Is Arma3 on the SSD or the HDD?

2. Do you normally have the your logs on?  No logs [ ] < ---- unchecked?

3. Have you tried the game and still get the same freezing when your not useing the startup parameters here:

-cpuCount=10 -exThreads=7 -enableHT -malloc=jemalloc_bi_x64 -noCB "

=================

From what i can tell looking at the rpt aside the questions above, you have alot of spamming going on, which

imo can contribute to freezing, at least from my own experience with my previous computer i had this if i ran alot of mods,

or had many conflicts or other things going on.

Try a couple of things, remove the startup parameters, turn off your logs No logs [ x ]

Try without mods, still freezing?

Add the mods, leave the rest the same is there freezing?