zulurider4041

No Save Game in Prairie Fire Campaign

I'm playing the Prairie Fire campaign solo and on difficulty level the saves are checked however in game the save is not available.  Does anyone know why?

option savegame=0 is coded in dlc options so no difficulty setting overwrite this

i also have no time in singleplay to repeat every mission from start i also love to play with small steps and Real Life has no 2-3h slot for some mission points 

Please let us have savegame back for who want play that in easy mode

• Like 1

Thanks and yes I do not have the time to always play missions through from start to finish - saves would make this much more enjoyable!

In solo, I spend over an hour stealthily closing on Bright Light crash site. I finally sneak in there and get overrun by enemy numbering about 20 against 1 (me). I don't feel that's it's unreasonable for me to expect to succeed at least 1 mission out of every 15 attempts.  Yet, I fail EVERY SINGLE TIME.  The same is true for Ma Bell missions.  It's just too much time to waste. I've gotten to the point that I have to say to any Bright Light crash survivors, "Sorry 'bout your luck but ya ain't gettin' out of there alive."  The odds and game play is just not balanced well at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROGER_BALL said:

In solo, I spend over an hour stealthily closing on Bright Light crash site. I finally sneak in there and get overrun by enemy numbering about 20 against 1 (me). I don't feel that's it's unreasonable for me to expect to succeed at least 1 mission out of every 15 attempts.  Yet, I fail EVERY SINGLE TIME.  The same is true for Ma Bell missions.  It's just too much time to waste. I've gotten to the point that I have to say to any Bright Light crash survivors, "Sorry 'bout your luck but ya ain't gettin' out of there alive."  The odds and game play is just not balanced well at all.

They do not support nor respect the SinglePlayer as much anymore as compared to the original OFP days. Its shortsightedness thinking everyone loves Co-Op... a shame but is what it is

• Like 4

Actually it’s because we designed the campaign around a recon team in enemy territory. The mission runs extremely well with 3-12 players. If you can’t find a few friends to play it with join sogpf discord and ask there and you’ll soon have a crew of nice people to play it with.

if you really want to play solo, you can use Johnnyboys SOG AI mod, which will work reasonably well but the best experience is with a team of friendly players.

saving was broken on release but we fixed it since. Apologies for that!

55 minutes ago, eggbeast said:

Actually it’s because we designed the campaign around a recon team in enemy territory. The mission runs extremely well with 3-12 players. If you can’t find a few friends to play it with join sogpf discord and ask there and you’ll soon have a crew of nice people to play it with.

if you really want to play solo, you can use Johnnyboys SOG AI mod, which will work reasonably well but the best experience is with a team of friendly players.

saving was broken on release but we fixed it since. Apologies for that!

Harvest Red in Arma 2 was also based around 1 team -but they incorporated AI. Such was always the norm up until more recently -in which they've slowly taken away from the SinglePlayer -expecting us to be complacent with "creating our own missions or mod in our own AI". Thats not the same level of quality as missions designed to be able to play either fully with AI or as a coop. And it has nothing to do with "find some friends" -your talking to the original fanbase of 2001 OFP demo -singleplayer was foremost important. Persoanlly I dont enjoy Arma with other people, it just doesn't suit my gameplay. i like to tactically plan like the old Ghost Recon or original Rainbow 6. Ive had too many Arma Mp experiences with either guys who way too tryhard to talk Military jargon or the opposite where you get some "JokerA$$Face" - as the pilot of your helo -yeah that breaks immersion  for alot of us.

So really, its you guys who should be supplying things like SOG AI incorporated into your DLC - stop putting it on us to have to find a way to implement what was once a standard benchmark of OFP gaming.

• Like 4

I’ll do me, you do you bud. Have a nice life

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Such was always the norm up until more recently

Word.

14 hours ago, froggyluv said:

So really, its you guys who should be supplying things like SOG AI incorporated into your DLC

Are you joking? No one gets into big leagues by making finished products anymore - all you need is some excuses and snarky comments posted in a two year old necro-thread!

Bohemia Interactive Creator DLC Programme - where next Todd Howard is born!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, froggyluv said:

So really, its you guys who should be supplying things

This you?

sEFleCx.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harzach said:

This you?

sEFleCx.png

Why yes it is - I’ve since shunned that poster in the old school Amish sense. Sadly the world today needs more shunning..

29 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Why yes it is

So you don't see the hypocrisy?

They designed their campaign for co-op/MP. If you are annoyed by that, well, you know.

Just now, Harzach said:

So you don't see the hypocrisy?

Quite the contrary. That was a mod I made for free to reintroduce a feature that had been taken out of the series that benefitted the single player - that being a chase cam of the AI that killed you.

Coming in to a modders thread and just bluntly complaining “ it sucks” is a far cry from taking your case to a retail game that had diminished certain aspects of the ofp - series and verbalizing your complaint in a legible and comprehensive way.

mods do not equal retail as it is a profit less hobby. And for the record I’ve commended positive aspects of prairie fire on other occasions 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Harzach said:

They designed their campaign for co-op/MP.

There isn't anything in SOG:PF campaign that requires an input from more than one human player. However, as with most OFP/Arma campaigns to date, the enemy AI numbers make a lone-wolf approach an excercise in futility. Especially since some (most?) missions force you to engage enemy in fight.

The only thing I can think of, as why no friendly AI was included in the campaign, is the God-awful design of Cam Lao Nam map (or it's assets), that makes AI stop every few meters when there's any sort of build-up area present. Funny enough - villages are worse than cities, I guess that's a first in the series. The situation was even worse at the release, since devs used a rice paddy model that simply was untraversable for the AI (even though a proper one, with AI pathing, was present in DLC files!).

Funny thing is that no one would really care that much if it was just another update to free Unsung. But since it's a paid product that advertises singleplayer content - well, financial investment makes clients care more (and nope, the two faction showcases don't count as what one would understand as "singleplayer content" in Arma series).

Now apparently update 1.3 introduced some sort of official way to play the campaign in single player, but I haven't tried it yet, so can't say if it's any good or not (dev's "insight" shared above makes me worried).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty crazy that he went and spite googled me to find a comment I made back in 2016. Honestly Harzach I'd thought higher of you

9 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Pretty crazy that he went and spite googled me to find a comment I made back in 2016. Honestly Harzach I'd thought higher of you

Well, let's give the man the benefit of the doubt, maybe he just came across it but making a thing out of it is certainly not cool.

9 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Funny thing is that no one would really care that much if it was just another update to free Unsung. But since it's a paid product that advertises singleplayer content - well, financial investment makes clients care more

Yeah, that's just it, once monetary transactions are involved, you become a client opposed to just enjoying something that someone made and shared because they like it, wanted to make it for themselves or some other reason. Once you put a price tag on your work, your work then also needs to approximate a certain standard. BI seemingly deemed it unreasonable to uphold CDLC to vanilla standards, which is fair enough, I guess. I don't have to and I didn't purchase any of it but in this case, initially Apex campaign also got hammered for the same reason iirc.

Btw, good to have you back in the mix. 🙂

• Like 2