Springfield86

sidemission reveal enemy position

I try to explain what i want to achieve, in my misson i have a task for Killing a General (he has 3 different spawnpoints) and i have an optional task for gathering intel - atm there is an area marker for the approx location of the general and once the sidemission is completed i have a marker that appears with alpha100 once the sidetask is done. But since the General can spawn in 3 different locations, i would like to have a marker on the generals head once the sidemission (intel gather) is accomplished (so i he could spawn in a wider area).

How do i achieve the mission marker be visible on his head & only after finishing another side?

Sorry if its hard to explain i feel like eden is killing my brain ^^
cheers from bella italia

This in your init.sqf should do the trick

[] spawn { while {not isnull NameOfUnit} do { "NameOfMarker" setmarkerpos getpos NameOfUnit; sleep 0.5; }; };

The sleep 0.5 can be changed according to how often you want the marker position to be updated. 

And for the hide show function these should do:

["hide", ["NameOfMarker"]] call BIS_fnc_showMarkers;
["show", ["NameOfMarker"]] call BIS_fnc_showMarkers;

in the init.sqf or the initPlayerLocal.sqf or a trigger or wherever needed. Cheers from you Greek neighboors! Pizza and Spaghetti 🥂

• Like 1

ohh thank you  BIS_fnc_showMarkers; great this should help - thanks i will try it out and let you know

###update

i have this in my init.sqf

[] spawn { while {not isnull Gen_Kozlov} do { "mrkr_kozlov" setmarkerpos getpos Gen_Kozlov; sleep 5; }; };

(sleep edited to 5 to save performance? idk)

this is my unit in the mission.sqm

Spoiler

class Item19
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="East";
			class Entities
			{
				items=1;
				class Item0
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={7174.8262,5.0014391,5143.2656};
					};
					side="East";
					flags=6;
					randomStartPositions[]=
					{
						"mrkr_kozlov1",
						"mrkr_kozlov3",
						"mrkr_kozlov2"
					};
					class Attributes
					{
						skill=1;
						rank="MAJOR";
						name="Gen_Kozlov";
					};
					id=539;
					type="O_officer_F";

now when i the last trigger of the sidemission completes the task, in the trigger activation field i put:

["show", ["mrkr_kozlov"]] call BIS_fnc_showMarkers;

i get this error
ogLxxwl.jpg

sry to bother, i try to understand

Edited by Springfield86
update

(sleep edited to 5 to save performance? idk)

Yep that is correct  👍

sry to bother, i try to understand

No worries! We can try another method too. When placing the marker make it an empty one. Then instead of hiding and showing it use:

"NameOfMarker" setMarkerType "Warning";

that ^^^ will make the "invisible" marker be visible and then you can use this if needed:

"NameOfMarker" setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";

It can be ColorGreen or ColorRed and other colors as well. As for the type of markers when you place a marker in the Eden editor going over the marker at the menu on the right will show the marker names. So as for you to find the one you are looking for. Good Luck!