Sign in to follow this  
ingrahammar

Arma isn't a simulation

I'm sorry to say this but people calling this a milsim are a little... inaccurate.

In real life dispersion plus just hand movement means guns are not a death ray. At 100m you're going to need many rounds to hit. 

Cover is also crudely implemented, in real life very little should be exposed.

Great game but no, it's not a milsim, real Troops take much more to hit.

Welcome to BI forums!

Well its a milsim sandbox, and anything you think isn't realistic can be made realistic, Arma is not to be taken at

face value thats the beauty of what lies in the sandbox aspect itself, its customizable to the limits of your imagination.

So call it what you will but if you haven't swam the depths of this game like i have and im still going deeper then

i'll tell you anything is possible.

Lastly, ideally you want to post in this section Arma3 general. Cheers!

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/108-arma-3-general/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ingrahammar said:

I'm sorry to say this but people calling this a milsim are a little... inaccurate.

To be accurate, a large portion of milsimmers are actually current or ex-serving from various militaries around the world. Not my thing at all though, I can't be that kind of serious in a game, but they treat it as a sim and bring all their real world knowledge and experience to it. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:58 PM, paulsharry23 said:

ARMA is a series of first-person tactical military shooters, developed by Czech studio Bohemia Interactive and originally released for Microsoft Windows.

Arma 2 is a military simulation video game. That is how it was marketed and indeed it lives up to that nicely. It's also the best in the series imho.