Current version: 0.9.1

2-3 years ago, I started looking deeper into modding and kicked things of with a Training Ground for the mil-sim unit, which I am part of. Over the time, I kept coming back to an idea of building a tropical map, which is based in South America. South America is not very prominent in the Terrain World, but has a lot of potential for different scenarios: Whether you want to take over the region by military force, fight as part of the drug war, hunt down the Syndicate in the vast river system or simply earn some money - this map should (TM) have you covered. Big shout out to all the helpers in the Arma 3 Terrain Discord Channel, who helped me through the years. 

Features: 

- Large river system

- Huge jungle areas

- Many military targets in all shapes and sizes

- 3 large airfields

- 2 small airfields carved out of the jungle

- Indigenous Villages

- Drug Labs/Farms

- Huge Open-Pit Mines

- Hidden Temples

- much more... 

The map itself is mostly done and only a few smaller areas left to be build. Whilst there is always something to be addded, this map has been mission-ready for quite some time and finally deserves its' own forum post! 

Stats: 

20x20km

5m Terrain Grid

1m SatMap/Mask Grid

>2.000.000 objects

Mod dependencies: None

Download: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2266710560

Map:

WCbXtKh.png

Pictures:

0x9taKx.jpg

b6nr5jl.jpg

YkV0HIy.jpg

38ltf44.jpg

sNbcNvY.jpg

99rvIs9.jpg

Cheers for the great help in placing objects and testing the map - especially to: 

Spirit [77th JSOC]
Hobbnob [77th JSOC]
Daniel [77th JSOC]
Cube [77th JSOC]
Prawned [77th JSOC]
Erson [77th JSOC]

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations on the release! Great to see South America getting some love. Lost of compelling scenarios for a terrain like this.👍

Fantastic terrain! Really interesting areas for operations! Congrats on release 🙂

Excited for release! Been following this and playing on the beta as you updated it and it's a great map.
Looking forward to many hours fighting through Colombia

Congrats on the release! So happy to have a terrain representing this region of the world. Excellent work!

On 5/11/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hythloday_ said:

Congrats on the release! So happy to have a terrain representing this region of the world. Excellent work!

This was actually one of my biggest motivations to continue working on this map. There are plenty of Russian, European, Middle Eastern and Asian SE-Asian maps, but South America is really sparse. 

• Like 2

Great map, one of the best; it is a vast map with varying levels of relief, I hope it will be completed one day.👍

Cheers for you feedback, everyone! 🙂

@vafana it's already very close to being finished, but I am working on wrapping things up.
However, the last 3 patches of empty terrain will most certainly be filled one day, although I am focussing on bug-fixes these days (stuff on roads etc.). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1