Sign in to follow this  
Fluxion

Is there a way to override the default config settings?

This might be a noob question but I don't know configs work very well. Is it possible to override the default config settings by just making some kind of entry in your mission files?

I have seen this syntax in the documentation but I don't really know the extent of how it works. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/configFile

configfile >> "CfgWeapons" >> "rockets_230mm_GAT" >> "magazines"

Is there a way that you can use this to change the config settings and override the default config? Can you use that sort of syntax to assign config values or is it just a look up language construct?

For a concrete example.... if I had a Zamak MRL and I wanted to make the default munitions be cluster rockets instead of regular rockets is there a way to do it?

magazines [] = {"12Rnd_230mm_rockets", "12Rnd_230mm_rockets_cluster"};

The previous line is the entry for the Zamak MRL. Is there a way to override the config so that the you could flip flop the entries?

magazines [] = {"12Rnd_230mm_rockets_cluster", "12Rnd_230mm_rockets"};

Even if it were possible, I don't know if it would have any effect. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the default munitions using configs?

Is it possible to achieve the munitions switch using other methods? Like some kind of nested config entry in your mission files that overrides the defaults?