UltiK

Remove .pbo from mods

Hello everyone! 

This is my first post haha! I would like to know if it is possible to remove .pbo that I don't use in mods. For exemple, I'm not using the vehicles in RHS. I just want to keep the weapons for the mod Tier One weapons that's using them. 

Unfortunately, the mod didn't work anymore. Maybe I remove too much XD? 

Idk if I am very clear, tell me if you need more details. 

Sorry for my English too xD

Thank you for your time! 

Short answer, no. Long answer, not without knowing how to mod but you'd most likely be breaking the mods license, which generally doesn't allow for modifying and repacking of someone's work. 

Oh ok! Thank you for your answer!👍

1 hour ago, beno_83au said:

Short answer, no. Long answer, not without knowing how to mod but you'd most likely be breaking the mods license, which generally doesn't allow for modifying and repacking of someone's work. 

Oh ok! Thank you for your answer!👍

Don't forget how mods work. They add maps, objects, or scripts at Arma start. It's like a big library, ready to be explored. Nothing more.

The fact you let all mods loading for nuts is questionable. (Say CUP + RHS + UNSUNG + Ravage + Alive....) if you don't (can't) use all of these mods in your scenario.

On the other hands, all unused parts of an addon will not impact your scenario flow (CPU & GPU). If you don't use RHS vehicles, you will probably never see the difference with or without pbos vehicles like you would like to do.

3 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Don't forget how mods work. They add maps, objects, or scripts at Arma start. It's like a big library, ready to be explored. Nothing more.

The fact you let all mods loading for nuts is questionable. (Say CUP + RHS + UNSUNG + Ravage + Alive....) if you don't (can't) use all of these mods in your scenario.

On the other hands, all unused parts of an addon will not impact your scenario flow (CPU & GPU). If you don't use RHS vehicles, you will probably never see the difference with or without pbos vehicles like you would like to do.

Hm I see! Thank you for your nice explanations! 

14 hours ago, UltiK said:

Hello everyone! 

This is my first post haha! I would like to know if it is possible to remove .pbo that I don't use in mods. For exemple, I'm not using the vehicles in RHS. I just want to keep the weapons for the mod Tier One weapons that's using them. 

Unfortunately, the mod didn't work anymore. Maybe I remove too much XD? 

Idk if I am very clear, tell me if you need more details. 

Sorry for my English too xD

Thank you for your time! 

RHS is designed to work as a whole, it was never designed to be modular. as such, if you remove any of the .pbos, you might expect things not work anymore.