Mr_john1

BIS string error

Hello, I have an error coming up when I start the game; [BIS_fnc_inString] Error: Type ANY, expected STRING, on index 1, in ["c_man",any"]

It's like all AI from the map disappears or get bugged.

Anyone knows solution to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.

You're gonna need to give up some more info.

1 hour ago, Mr_john1 said:

I have an error coming up when I start the game

Is this when you load into the main menu, or when you start a mission? If it's a mission, what mission? If it's a mission you made then where/how are running the code? Are you playing with any mods loaded?

This error could be caused by a range of things, but without more info it's a shot in the dark. 

20 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

You're gonna need to give up some more info.

Is this when you load into the main menu, or when you start a mission? If it's a mission, what mission? If it's a mission you made then where/how are running the code? Are you playing with any mods loaded?

This error could be caused by a range of things, but without more info it's a shot in the dark. 

I'm using editor and I'm playing alive scenarios made by HeroesandvillainsOS plus I'm editing them for myself then playing them but I don't use any coding or scripting, mostly just putting more units in scenario and some simple tasks. Yes, I'm playing with mods.

Does it work without any errors of you play the mission without editing it? There could be some kind of requirement for adding units to the mission, like using some kind of naming convention on them.

And, you said you're not doing any coding, but are you adding anything to init of the objects you're adding in the editor?

But if there's no errors when you play the mission unedited, then the problem is probably how you're adding units. 

It's fine when it's unedited. I give up so it is probably wrong with the units I'm putting in scenario. Thank you for your time.

No need to give up. It could be as easy as naming the units and adding them to an array, depending on what you're doing. You could try searching for the scenarios/threads here, I know @HeroesandvillainsOS is around somewhere, and ask on their posts.