A.Lindsay

Controller issue (Collective w/ Helicopters AFM)

Having trouble with my collective ever since the previous update. When my collective is fully down its still showing on the gauge as being approximately 1/3 still pulled in. The picture below shows me sitting in the MH6 with the collective fully down. You can see from the gauge there is still about 1/3 of the power showing as pulled in.

0910024DF5E9FFC7AA382B12D9A1B6A285BA04D7

and when I pull my collective fully up I only get about 2/3 of the power according to the gauge. The picture below shows me climbing out with collective 100% up and as you can see the gauge shows only about 2/3 of power pulled in.

9202302ED2E407DAF2F8719F81E52405A3F0DB08

Initially I thought it was a problem with my controls as they are 20+ years old I though maybe they finally piled up so I switch to a brand spankin new controller and am having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of. Switching controls, remapping controls, recalibrating sensitivities and null zones in game, recalibrating the controls in windows, nothing works.

I did try deleting the analog inputs in ARMA3 and then mapping the standard collective up/down which got rid of the 1/3 collective pulled in even when it was fully down however then my collective control was useless. I'm a bit baffled and hoping someone has run into this before or knows a fix?

Any assistance would be most appreciate. I can still fly but its like I can only use about 1/3 of my collective controls so I cannot slow down properly or get full power out of the aircraft when I need it. Great for building up your skills handling the aircraft with limited options but it makes even simple tasks have a much higher degree of difficulty than they should have. I've been flying like this for a couple of weeks now but I'm getting sick of it and would welcome a fix.

It's been brought to my attention that this might be getting caused by a control being double mapped. I've gone through them one by one in the drop down and can't find anything that is double mapped? Hoping someone can help. This is using the advanced flight model as well in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks!

So according to BI the mods created an issue. To fix it I had to unsubscribe from all mods on Steam Workshop and try clean reinstallation
of Arma 3:

1. Uninstall the game.
2. Download and install CCleaner (https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) and
scan/fix your registry.
3. Make a backup of Arma 3 folder in Documents.
4. Delete both Arma 3 folders in Documents and Steam:

\Users\*YOUR USERNAME*\Documents\Arma 3

\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

5. Reboot your PC.
6. Run Steam as Admin, download the game.
7. Try to run Arma 3 (without mods)

This worked and the issue is gone. I have reinstalled the mods and everything seems to be working ok now.

Posting this here just in case anyone else runs into the same issue ever and is stuck for a fix.

• Like 2

I've also had a few issues lately will a lack of left pedal authority in a hover with the AFM enabled. Mainly in the Ghosthawk and more recently with some of the DLC Medium helos. I thought this too was a controller issue but with recalibrations and reinstallation of the pedal software I'm still in the same boat. Not sure how to check this with the pedal input as there isn't a correlating control image like the collective to compare it to. Just want to know if anyone else is experiencing the same before I try the above🙈

p.s in the customize controller the "rudder" is working perfectly and corresponds to the pedal position accurately

Are you using a powered USB hub at all I know they can cause problems with Hotas and pedals? If so try running USB direct to PC on main board.

According to BI you can try to delete Arma3.cfg file from Arma 3 folder in your Documents and then start the game. No guarantee this would fix it but is an additional option to try before a full uninstall wipe and clean reinstall.

They only told me this after I did a wipe and reinstall, so I have no experience with the effects so try at your own risk. Maybe make a copy of the cfg and store it on your desktop or another drive before deleting? 

Either way good luck 

• Like 1

Ah ok, no not a powered USB hub with try the cfg backup and replacement and see. Thanks👌

7 hours ago, A.Lindsay said:

Are you using a powered USB hub at all I know they can cause problems with Hotas and pedals? If so try running USB direct to PC on main board.

According to BI you can try to delete Arma3.cfg file from Arma 3 folder in your Documents and then start the game. No guarantee this would fix it but is an additional option to try before a full uninstall wipe and clean reinstall.

They only told me this after I did a wipe and reinstall, so I have no experience with the effects so try at your own risk. Maybe make a copy of the cfg and store it on your desktop or another drive before deleting? 

Either way good luck 

Deleting the cfg file worked thank you much! Looks like there were a bunch of controller input overlaps when I looked into the file.

• Thanks 1

Glad it worked happy flying. Come see me at =7th Cav= gaming regiment sometime. We'll go for a flight.

• Like 2