ohoknicesirq

I think that ArmA 3 Vanilla Zeus can be fixed.

By that, I mean that basically the whole arma 3 zeus could be fixed by of course integrating in some of the mods like Ares and Zeus Enhanced itself into vanilla ArmA 3 itself, like they did with the zeus menu bug fix or whatever, I do not remember its name. Ares and technically its new version, Zeus Enhanced are very good addons, which can change the arma 3 zeus itself, and possibly make the arma 3 zeus less annoying. Like, it would be nice if it would be implemented into the ArmA 3 bohemia public zeus servers or whatever, which could really help the zeusers as well as give us new possibilities. Of course, thats something up to the bohemia interactive to decide. The zeus mode itself is very fun, and I play it all the time if I have nothing to do in ArmA 3, and I think that it should get some love also, especially that there is a new DLC coming, and I think that zeus missions with that DLC content, which is of course S.O.G Prairie Fire, would be amazing.

not only up to Bohemia Interactive to decide, but the mod makers themselves, as it is their work

On 4/27/2021 at 1:25 PM, ohoknicesirq said:

By that, I mean that basically the whole arma 3 zeus could be fixed by of course integrating in some of the mods like Ares and Zeus Enhanced itself into vanilla ArmA 3 itself, like they did with the zeus menu bug fix or whatever, I do not remember its name. Ares and technically its new version, Zeus Enhanced are very good addons, which can change the arma 3 zeus itself, and possibly make the arma 3 zeus less annoying. Like, it would be nice if it would be implemented into the ArmA 3 bohemia public zeus servers or whatever, which could really help the zeusers as well as give us new possibilities. Of course, thats something up to the bohemia interactive to decide. The zeus mode itself is very fun, and I play it all the time if I have nothing to do in ArmA 3, and I think that it should get some love also, especially that there is a new DLC coming, and I think that zeus missions with that DLC content, which is of course S.O.G Prairie Fire, would be amazing.

It would be great that the most popular/requested mod could make it into main Arma 3 (provided BI gets the concent of the mod maker) and perhaps with a reward of a free copy of Arma 4 (then it releases) to all the contributors but...

I have asked the same thing many times over the Discord Server and the devs have stated that no mod will be integrated into Arma 3 since Arma 3 is on features lockdown and end of life.

It its truly sad because many companies including the devs of SQUAD (Offworld Industries) and even huge companies like CD Project Red do include moder's work on their updated versions.

BI Devs wrongly believe that because a mod already exists that fixes or improves some parts of Arma 3 that all the players will get access to it via the Workshop but in truth most new players will try the game modless first, get frustrated and make a picture of Arma 3 on their minds that is not necesarily the whole truth and that same frustrated new player ends up in writing a bad steam review or not playing further and additionally not buying any DLC/cDLC as a result.

That a mod exists on the workshop that fixes a long standing issues and/or improves a neglected part of your game doesn't mean you will get more sales/better reviews because that mod exists because not all the player base will even know that mod exists (And the sea of millions of mods make it even harder for players to find the mods they need to "fix" the game for them). But implementing said mods into the main game WILL give Arma 3 better reviews and more DLC/cDLCs sells 100% of the time a new player plays the game because the mod that fixes that problem will be installed already.

It is my humble  opinion that Arma 3 was thrown into its End of Life way too early when the beast still had some life in it, specially now with all these cDLCs but even if BI admits it was a mistake to end support so early it is very difficult for things to change at this point but mostly because of the current BI mindset and not because it would be super hard to do.

The only commercial reason that could possibly compel BI to really start investing in Arma 3 again is that they realize that Arma 4 is still years away from being on a releasable state and/or that they finally get some real competition from Battlefield 6 or something like that...

One thing is clear, the competition is getting closer and closer while Arma 4 is taking longer and longer... who can tell that by the time Arma 4 releases their tech isn't already completely obsolete? 

Perhaps Arma's Community could soon be the only big advantage that BI has over their increasing number of competitors.

Now if BI neglects its community it would be like neglecting your game's biggest feature and its biggest and perhaps only chance of standing above the rest in the near future.

On 5/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, LSValmont said:

It would be great that the most popular/requested mod could make it into main Arma 3 (provided BI gets the concent of the mod maker) and perhaps with a reward of a free copy of Arma 4 (then it releases) to all the contributors but...

I have asked the same thing many times over the Discord Server and the devs have stated that no mod will be integrated into Arma 3 since Arma 3 is on features lockdown and end of life.

It its truly sad because many companies including the devs of SQUAD (Offworld Industries) and even huge companies like CD Project Red do include moder's work on their updated versions.

BI Devs wrongly believe that because a mod already exists that fixes or improves some parts of Arma 3 that all the players will get access to it via the Workshop but in truth most new players will try the game modless first, get frustrated and make a picture of Arma 3 on their minds that is not necesarily the whole truth and that same frustrated new player ends up in writing a bad steam review or not playing further and additionally not buying any DLC/cDLC as a result.

That a mod exists on the workshop that fixes a long standing issues and/or improves a neglected part of your game doesn't mean you will get more sales/better reviews because that mod exists because not all the player base will even know that mod exists (And the sea of millions of mods make it even harder for players to find the mods they need to "fix" the game for them). But implementing said mods into the main game WILL give Arma 3 better reviews and more DLC/cDLCs sells 100% of the time a new player plays the game because the mod that fixes that problem will be installed already.

It is my humble  opinion that Arma 3 was thrown into its End of Life way too early when the beast still had some life in it, specially now with all these cDLCs but even if BI admits it was a mistake to end support so early it is very difficult for things to change at this point but mostly because of the current BI mindset and not because it would be super hard to do.

The only commercial reason that could possibly compel BI to really start investing in Arma 3 again is that they realize that Arma 4 is still years away from being on a releasable state and/or that they finally get some real competition from Battlefield 6 or something like that...

One thing is clear, the competition is getting closer and closer while Arma 4 is taking longer and longer... who can tell that by the time Arma 4 releases their tech isn't already completely obsolete? 

Perhaps Arma's Community could soon be the only big advantage that BI has over their increasing number of competitors.

Now if BI neglects its community it would be like neglecting your game's biggest feature and its biggest and perhaps only chance of standing above the rest in the near future.

Arma Reforger has been released, and it's game master function is completely shit and lacks the things that the arma 3's game master function is known for

• Like 1