KutPax

[SOLVED] Unlock Cursortarget Door

Hiya folks,

I'm trying to make a Picklock script, where you look at a door and it executes the script and gives you a certain % chance of unlocking it.

I want to base this off of a script pierremgi helped me out with a long time ago, I'll list it below.

Spoiler

_playerPos = position player;
_nearestBuilding = nearestBuilding player;
_distancetohouse = _playerPos distance _nearestBuilding;
private "_intersects";
private _begin = ASLtoATL eyepos player;
private  _end = _begin vectorAdd (eyeDirection player vectorMultiply 1.5);
{
  _intersects = ([cursorObject, _x] intersect [_begin,_end]);
    if (count (_intersects select 0) > 0) exitwith {_intersects}
 } forEach  ["VIEW","GEOM","FIRE"];
 disableUserInput true;
 if (count (_intersects select 0) > 0) then {Player switchmove "MOCAP_Idle_Stay_CombatPace_Rfl_Push_Kick_LeftLeg"};
 sleep 0.5;
 disableUserInput false; 
 if (count (_intersects select 0) > 0) then {[Player, ["Smash", 50, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D"]};
 private _seed = [1,101] call BIS_fnc_randomInt;
if (_seed >75) exitWith {false};
 if (count (_intersects select 0) > 0) then {[cursortarget, ["DoorKickSound", 65, 1]] remoteExec ["say3D"];};
 _select_door = format ["%1_rot", (_intersects select 0 select 0)];
cursorObject animate [_select_door, 1, 8];

Now instead of the door being breached, I want it to be unlocked. I have tried to work with "bis_disabled_Door_1", only that only refers to a specific door of an object, while I want the cursorobject door to be unlocked.

I'm getting kind of stuck here since I have barely worked with doors in Arma.

If anyone could help me out here, that'd be much appreciated!

Heya @KutPax, welcome to the forums!

I think you're looking for the lock command.

And before someone beats me to it, this is a damned good script I've used in multiplayer:

Happy mission making!

• Like 1

No, it's a dutch military thing 😉

Also the lock command seems to be for Vehicles, I'm trying to unlock a single door on a building which I am looking directly at (CursorTarget or CursorObject)

22 minutes ago, KutPax said:

No, it's a dutch military thing 😉

NSFW I assume? :D

Now I agree with you on that the lockpicking scripts I know open doors; they don't unlock them.

But if you look at the forum post link I sent, in the GitHub, you'll see it's got a pretty nifty door detection based on ray intersects from the player skeleton:
https://github.com/NumbNutsJunior/Active-Lockpicking/blob/master/Other Examples/Lockpicking_Doors.Altis/functions/generic/fn_findTargetSelection.sqf

That still doesn't work out for me, I'm trying to edit the script I posted in the spoiler, to UNLOCK the door I am looking at, instead of kicking it open and playing an animation on the door so it rotates open with the speed accelerated by x8

I disagree. 

I believe you can use that function to identify which door your script needs to unlock. Then use the correct "bis_disabled_Door_x" variable to unlock the door.

Will give it a go when I get home :). 

Wow I totally checked out the wrong file, I just read the correct one and you're right, I'm gonna play around with it in a bit!