za0

Looping sound effect

i'm creating a mission in eden editor and i put a 500m trigger that when the blufor player gets to him, some mortar shots fall around. in this trigger I also added the "battlefield explosions" sound effect. the problem is that this sound effect is in a loop, but in the selection of it in the attributes of the trigger it lasts only about 5 seconds. how do I make the sound effect last just this long and not stay in a loop?

21 hours ago, za0 said:

estou criando uma missão no eden editor e coloquei um gatilho de 500m para que, quando o jogador do blufor o atingir, alguns tiros de morteiro caiam. neste gatilho, também adicionei o efeito de som "explosões do campo de batalha". o problema é que esse efeito sonoro está em loop, mas na seleção dele nos atributos do trigger dura apenas cerca de 5 segundos. como faço para que o efeito sonoro dure apenas esse tempo e não fique em um loop?

After a lot of research I found out! In case of any other player has the same problem here's my solution:

put the trigger with the sound effect you want, then name this trigger, for example, "m1"

put another tirgger with a SMALL radius (this is important, the sound stop will depend when your character reach this small trigger) put it just in the same place from the first one. And on the Activation  field type: deleteVehicle triggerName

in my example it would be: deleteVehicle m1

Now just reviewing: when you reach the first trigger the sound starts. when you reach the second one or complete it, the sound stops.

I realize your post is from a couple of years ago, but this issue you've mentioned about the looping "battlefield explosions" sound effect in Eden Editor for ARMA 3 is a common one. It sounds like you want the effect to terminate after the initial play, rather than loop indefinitely.
Interestingly enough, I recently found this site which offers a range of sounds, from natural to downright goofy. They even have a Fart Soundboard you can use online, if you can believe that! I mention this to highlight the fact that if you want a variety of sound options for your missions, today's technology offers you a plethora of choices.

• Thanks 1