So I read the Season 8 updates and I wanted to ask a question for the Devs or anyone who may have asked this in the past. For a game built around stealth why is there a glint on scoped weapons? I understand there is a coating used on sniper scopes that prevent glare although I am not sure when this started being used. The glint on scoped weapons is very noticeable and really gives away position. Have you Devs ever thought about removing this from the game? Is there anyone else that would like to see the glint removed?

I honestly think In a world of campers this is perfectly fair and logical game mechanic and prefer it the way it is just my opinion on the matter like. 

@Matthew Aiken I agree there would be people that would be more prone to camping if the glint were removed BUT you still have to hit your shots lol. In case you were wondering my weapons of choice are the M16, any of the AK's or RPK. But occasionally i like to try to take things from a far. Im pretty new when it comes to when i started playing (November 2020) but i log in and play a few just about everyday. I see your name a lot on here so i figure you have logged quite a few hours. Its def not a gamebreaker for me to have glint in the game. was just curious as to others thoughts about this. 

Indeed i have logged many hours 😁 people seek hyper realism in this game as I’ve noticed and it’s all fair points though there is a certain balance to be struck between realism and “gamey” mechanics. Glad to see the mortars gone wouldn’t quite be so glad to see the glints go as sometimes even then it isn’t enough. It rewards anyone with a keen eye that someone is or has been there (for the likes of fake glints) be yes I do see how it can be seen from both sides of the coin 😁

@onemanwolfp4k

99.99% of the guns aren't sniper rifles and you'll notice that even the sniper(ish) rifles don't really have modern sniper scopes on them.  If we entered the apocalypse today, it would probably be very hard to find much in the way of  hi-tech weaponry because the never-ending radiation storms have a tendency of destroying delicate electronics.  Just food for thought...