Hello All i am building a Mission, and I am trying to get the helicopter in the lz To Start when the squad gets in to the staging area, then they will move to and load the helo but not take off till the Squad leader Gets in. I can get the bird to go and drop off fine. when i get in,  but i want to allow time for the Squad to get in while the helo is running and then when Squad leader gets in. it takes off. Please Help. Thanks in advance. This will be for Multiplayer. trying to use the EDEN Guide and any videos i could find but cant find anything.

Welcome on forum.

There is a little ambiguity in your purpose, because you want the helo to take off when the squad leader is on board, not saying what happen on other group members...

Anyway, if I'm right, it's simple.

- first of all, your helo (waiting on lz) must be placed on an helipad (invisible or not). If not, the helo will take off when you order a group to jump into it. The helo will search for an existing landing area (helipad) then the mess begins. With an helipad under the helo, that's fine.

- you place a trigger area for starting the helo : yourHelo engineOn TRUE;

- you add a waypoint close to the helo, for the helo group (crew), so this waypoint is already completed by distance, and you add a condition (waypoint expression), like:

({alive _x && _x in yourHelo} count units yourGroup) isEqualTo ({alive _x} count units yourGroup)

yourHelo and yourGroup is what you named.

This condition is waiting for all units of yourGroup in yourHelo. If you just want the squad leader, just use this condition:

leader yourGroup in yourHelo

- when this condition is OK, the helo will reach the next waypoint. Simple as that.

• Like 2

pierremgi

Wholly Smokes I have no idea what all that stuff is.

OK so my plan of action is  Below.

CH-47(RAZOR51) is on Invisible Helipad.. WP1 is Move, WP2 is Get In (Wp1 is linked to the trigger)

Troops 12 +1 Squadleader (KHAOS 11) are waiting in an area.

__ I want the Helo to start up and stay on Helipad when Triggered by the troops moving into the staging area, then after 30 secs of the Helo running. they will move to the helo and get in.

then the squad leader gets in and 10 seconds after they take off and fly their route to the drop LZ and get out. 

Right now cause i dont have any troops just the squadleader for testing. i get to the trigger in staging are and nothing happens. but when i get to the helo and load . the heli turns on for like 5 secs then takes off and flys like normal planned.

How /where do i add your stuff?? And thank you for helpng me ive been bashing my head. I cant belive something so simple is so complicated.

Hey @Thundergrunt 09,

PierreMGI gives a pretty good overview on what to do in terms of using Arma scripting (the SQF scripting language).

Based on your answer, I get that you're not really used to scripting. If you want things to work like you say you do, then you're gonna have to learn a bit on how things work under the hood.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:24 AM, pierremgi said:

- first of all, your helo (waiting on lz) must be placed on an helipad (invisible or not).

lz = landing zone, the starting position of your helicopter. -> Just put a helipad under your helicopter.

- you place a trigger area for starting the helo : yourHelo engineOn TRUE;

Here's an article that gives an overview of what triggers can do. Or watch a YouTube tutorial on triggers. Or, just place a trigger in the editor, and read all the subsections. Give your helicopter variable name yourHelo. Copy and paste the code. 

- you add a waypoint close to the helo, for the helo group (crew), so this waypoint is already completed by distance, and you add a condition (waypoint expression), like:

({alive _x && _x in yourHelo} count units yourGroup) isEqualTo ({alive _x} count units yourGroup)

yourHelo and yourGroup is what you named.

This condition is waiting for all units of yourGroup in yourHelo. If you just want the squad leader, just use this condition:

leader yourGroup in yourHelo

Here's another article on how waypoints work. You can also look up each command (such as alive ) and read up on that, if you want to know how that line of code works. 

With that, I would get back to PierreMGI's answer and get each point to work separately. Then together.

Good luck!

• Like 1

NB: If you have a question, you can always ask. But a specific question is more motivating to answer than "please write out a complete guide / script". 

• Like 1

Check out these excellent scripts by @Rydygier and @Gunter Severloh.  I bet they have already solved everything you need.

• Like 1