312_ramos

BSOD a couple of times and SSD failed to detect in BIOS on both the occasions

Hey Guys, I just got some doubts which i want you guys to see whether you can clarify me. I own a copy of the game and all DLCs except the GM one. I do run a lot of popular workshop-(only) mods like JSRS, Enhanced Soundscape, movement, RHS mods, NiA,VCom AI etc., which enhances single player experience as i do not play multiplayer. I downloaded nearly 200+ single player scenarios from Steam workshop and all of a sudden I was hit with a BSOD and i was unable to look at the error code as it restarted too fast. My SSD got corrupted (i think) and it failed to get detected in BIOS. I tried restarting, unpluggin the cable and repluggin again, nothing worked. I went to a nearby service station to get it checked and the guy changed the power cable of the SSD and it worked, but the OS was corrupted. I was forced to flash a new OS( i had all my data backed-up on another drive). BSOD happened when i was trying to download a scenario from the workshop and Arma 3 was not even running. I just want to know if Arma 3 is the culprit behind this and can anyone relate to this. Or is it just a rare case of an SSD power cable failure which i find it hard to believe as the SSD is just 6 months old(ADATA SU630 240 GB). Any help, tips, opinions and suggestions on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much guys.

P.S. The above-mentioned BSOD was the "SECOND" episode as the "FIRST" BSOD occurred a couple of days before this incident when i was actually in-game in Arma 3 editor. I "Alt-tabbed" the editor and the PC crashed and BSOD occurred and same thing happened, SSD failed to get detected. But at that instance, the SSD was eventually detected after a couple of restarts. I have an internet ongoing issue right now and i cannot download and verify the game by myself. So i just wanted to confirm this with you guys. Thank you

-- Edit --

The "200" workshop scenario contents were not downloaded all at once. It is just a cumulative figure. i would have just downloaded may be 4 or five mods weighing just a couple of MBs when i was hit with the second BSOD episode. Arma 3 was not even running at that time contrary to the first instance. I am unable to download the game and check for myself as my internet connection installation is delayed.

Edited by 312_ramos
Typos and verbose

I had a similar problem on my PC. Some SSDs are fragile, imho. They don't like frequent heavy writing. So, they are a must for speed, but their intense use seems to remain problematic. That's probably not related to Arma but the time you play and the configuration of your PC: power/CPU/CPU cooler/GC/GC cooler/SSD exposure.

• Thanks 1