Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Mig-21?what happened to it?

What ever happened to the Mig21 addon pictured here?  

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=./news/1039979200.news

It was made by [CF]koepke.  It looks just about finished.  I can't believe such a beautiful looking addon has not been finished yet!!   That's so sad.  sad.gif

By the way the M4 on the pics next to the Mig-21 are I think one of the best M4 addons I've seen so far.  I'm surprised few people have talked about them or used them in missions.  I hope that BAS models their M4's after this excellent M4 addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Truly, OFP without MiG-21 is like soldier without gun...

I've made a model of MiG-21 years ago, some time ago I've posted on ofp.info forum a question if anybody would want to convert it to OFP addon but nobody wanted to... Maybe here someone will take it... However, it will need hell a lot of work.

mig21_thmb.jpg

Miles Teg, damn, I had been thinking for a few days to post a topic about a MiG-21, but you did it first biggrin.gif Good job!

I made a post about modelling a MiG-21 a few months ago, some people were very active posting into that thread and even created some models.

The question is, where are those peoples now? biggrin.gif

I love shooting these planes down in SF:P1 ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 06 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles Teg, damn, I had been thinking for a few days to post a topic about a MiG-21, but you did it first biggrin.gif Good job!

I made a post about modelling a MiG-21 a few months ago, some people were very active posting into that thread and even created some models.

I love shooting these planes down in SF:P1 ...<span id='postcolor'>

Cough.. that would be me... crazy.gif

However.. my model was full of bugs.. i used double sided faces.. it was a quick job etc etc.. the point is that its crap tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Feb. 06 2003,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 06 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles Teg, damn, I had been thinking for a few days to post a topic about a MiG-21, but you did it first biggrin.gif Good job!

Cough.. that would be me...  crazy.gif

However.. my model was full of bugs.. i used double sided faces.. it was a quick job etc etc.. the point is that its crap tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The one at the site I just posted is yours? If so it looks fine to me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@ miles : the MIG21 you where talking about here was already releasd if i am not wrong but i played with it and if i find the link to D/L i will post it here but excuse me if i am wrong i can we confused about a nother tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 06 2003,23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Feb. 06 2003,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Feb. 06 2003,18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles Teg, damn, I had been thinking for a few days to post a topic about a MiG-21, but you did it first biggrin.gif Good job!

Cough.. that would be me...  crazy.gif

However.. my model was full of bugs.. i used double sided faces.. it was a quick job etc etc.. the point is that its crap tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The one at the site I just posted is yours?   If so it looks fine to me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that's FW200's work. His model was without textures and everything ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (waffendennis @ Feb. 06 2003,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@ miles : the MIG21 you where talking about here was already releasd if i am not wrong but i played with it and if i find the link to D/L i will post it here but excuse me if i am wrong i can we confused about a nother tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The only Mig-21 that I have ever seen was one released on a Spanish OFP site that ripped off alot from Kegetys's Hawk addon and that I couldn't even get to work because it was missing some textures or something. That creator also made a crude F4 as well. From the pictures of it, it looked VERY cartoonish and very crude. I don't think the Mig-21 in the URLs I posted is the same aircraft. The one's in the URL's look like very professionally made models and with much better textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I like the brown texture he had on it before. It matches the su-25 better.

Koepke, who made the Mig21 is in our mod, and you can be sure that we're still working on it! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ Feb. 08 2003,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Koepke, who made the Mig21 is in our mod, and you can be sure that we're still working on it! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl. I hope he is still planning on releasing it also with the original brown textures. Those textures looked so much nicer.

Perhaps the brown used as an unmarked Resistance version would be the best solution since it is one of the most widely used fighter aircraft in the world.

That would be very nice. At any rate, let him know that we're all enthusiastically waiting for the release of his Mig-21.

Thanks for the update!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

brown textures ok

but i dont know how mutch longer until release becouse unfortunately this not my 8 houers a day job

Hmmm, Koepke i thought, the silver textures should be for the Mig19?

Mig21 in brown

Mig19 in silver!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (koepke @ Feb. 08 2003,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">brown textures ok

but i dont know how mutch longer until release becouse unfortunately this not my 8 houers a day job<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl!  Yeah I understand it takes a long time to make these if you're working most of the time.  No rush.  I just hope that it will see completion unlike many other addons where the addon maker simply gets tired of working on it and abandoned the projects.   If you have any trouble let the community here know because I'm sure there are many here who wouldn't mind helping you out if you ever get burnt out on it. Your Mig21 addon is just too good to waste and the game badly needs a Mig-21 (and also definitely a unmarked Mig-21 for the Resistance side).   So far the Russian Migs that have been released have been a little disappointing in that they are too fast for the game, don't turn well, and have incorrect weapons.  I think it was the last Mig29 addon that had a vulcan cannon and sidewinder missiles for example.   I hope that yours will fly fairly well and have a good weapons layout, or different versions with different weapons.  

At any rate, from the screen shots it looks amazing so far!

Keep up the great work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ Feb. 08 2003,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm, Koepke i thought, the silver textures should be for the Mig19?

Mig21 in brown

Mig19 in silver!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

there are many versions of this mig out there more than silver and brown carmo

Excuse me for being a bit off-topic, but if the addon makers get tired or run into a tight schedule, couldn't they find another addon maker who could take over? This way we wouldn't have so many nearly complete addons that never made it to release.

P.S. Looking forward to fly that MiG-21 ...and shoot it down wink.gif

I had completely forgotten about the LR and the M4, probably because I couldn't figure out the magazine and weapon names for 'em (and deleted them).

Anyone?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 08 2003,15:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(...) Perhaps the brown used as an unmarked Resistance version would be the best solution since it is one of the most widely used fighter aircraft in the world. (...)<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance MiG-21? allright.. I understand resistance choppers, like Bell 47G which can land wherever it want to... But I see people seems not to know what resistance is... From definition, resistance movement is fighting with invader, which is much stronger (somehow he invaded us and is still on our land), much better organised (as it does not need to hide, because invader is more powerfull) etc, etc... Resistance forces are in most cases weak, unorganised rebel, forced to hide. Then it would be very strange for Resistance army to have own airway 1500m+ being unnoticed :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (King Homer @ Feb. 08 2003,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

(...)

Mig21 in brown

Mig19 in silver!

(...)<span id='postcolor'>

Erm...

silver MiG-21

mig-21.jpg

brown MiG-19

Mig19-03.JPG

and one another, unfortunately in poor condition

somaliamigsmt_1.jpg

LOL Chris G. and cam0flage!

The other night I went to sleep thinking in posting that same question you did about that great MIG-21 on the works. Seems we like the same addons hehe

And also I agree that the brown camo is much more nice. Thanks koepke for the update!

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Edgie @ Feb. 09 2003,19wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I had completely forgotten about the LR and the M4, probably because I couldn't figure out the magazine and weapon names for 'em (and deleted them).

Anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

waffe m4a1 = AKW_M4A1

waffe lr300 = AKW_lr300

ammo m4a1 = AKW_M4A1

ammo lr300 = AKW_lr300

AND BY THE WAY dose anyone know better cockpit textures good high qualli. fotos

GCS0017.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (koepke @ Feb. 10 2003,14:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">snip---

AND BY THE WAY dose anyone know better cockpit textures good  high qualli. fotos<span id='postcolor'>

Better cockpit photos then those? I think the pics of your Mig-21's cockpit look incredible!!! If they can get even better then that would be cool, but I think it looks great the way it is. Still I'll keep my eye out for some good Mig-21 cockpit photos.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Feb. 09 2003,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[Resistance MiG-21? allright.. I understand resistance choppers, like Bell 47G which can land wherever it want to... But I see people seems not to know what resistance is... From definition, resistance movement is fighting with invader, which is much stronger (somehow he invaded us and is still on our land), much better organised (as it does not need to hide, because invader is more powerfull) etc, etc... Resistance forces are in most cases weak, unorganised rebel, forced to hide. Then it would be very strange for Resistance army to have own airway 1500m+ being unnoticed :]<span id='postcolor'>

Let me explain why the Resistance side needs to have a Mig21. It's very simple. The Resistance is NOT just the BIS made Resistance soldiers. It is a side that can be easily set to be hostile towards East or West or neautral. Because of that it is very versatile and is excellent for making missions where you use them to simulate 3rd world nations with U.S. or Russian forces assisting or attacking them. THAT is the reason why the Resistance side needs a Mig-21. That way if someone wants to simulate a friendly nation using the Mig-21 then they can do it. If they want them hostile they can do it. The important thing is that the Resistance Mig-21 has no national flags on it so that it can simulate the Airforce of any nation that uses the Mig-21. That's my opinion anyways.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>