Ex3B

Prarie Fire discussion

Quick question. Bought the CDLC music pack. Are we allowed to use the music in Arma videos?

• Thanks 1

Lots of cool cutscene type animations but again is any of it used functionally -as in new running or combat animations? If theres no SP campaign thats probably a no sale for me

Can the devs release a quick tutorial on how to revert the main menu back to the vanilla?

I mean, for an addon... what config class should I use and what properties should I change?

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Lots of cool cutscene type animations but again is any of it used functionally -as in new running or combat animations? If theres no SP campaign thats probably a no sale for me

Sadly there is no SP campaign as mentionned in their webpage.

I'm finishing the download and see if it's really the case.

There is a campaign which is the 6 mp scenarios that you can play in solo.

7 hours ago, Valken said:

Please tell me there is at least a MP campaign like Vietcong 2003:

AFAIK, there is 6-mission MP campaign for up to 14 players, and several SP scenarios for familiarization with vehicles, weapons and jungle warfare. At least, this is what they announce at Steam and devs' website.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, zukov said:

Watch this video! OMG! ... that first few minutes blew my mind already... We have wanted that for ARMA 3 and DayZ forever!!!

I'm waiting for my regular server ops to confirm if they will be launching this.

At least an ESCAPE mission!!!

4 minutes ago, Valken said:

Watch this video! OMG! ... that first few minutes blew my mind already... We have wanted that for ARMA 3 and DayZ forever!!!

I'm waiting for my regular server ops to confirm if they will be launching this.

At least an ESCAPE mission!!!

the command rose is fantastic!

How would you set PF up on a dedicated server?

NVM, I figured it out. 😃

Loving it so far, thank you so much for the hard work!

At the beginning of this project, the team offered me to join in as mission designer.

Although I made (very) few things, as a SP mission maker, I had to decline as it was intended to be more MP - which I don't master much.

Although I'm sad I couldn't work on it, it's good to see this project released, kudos to you guys!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

With the experience from GM CDLC I can say by now, MP for PF will be dead in 4 weeks. It was the same with GM and still is. CDLC servers are dead. GM MP servers peaked around 8 players in its prime... summer 2019. At least GM had a decent SP campaign and since it portrayed the era and the army I served in, it had some value to me. But a Nam themed MP only CDLC....? What?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

First look/impression
All weapons are fantastic , beautiful sound and handling ,
special mention for the m60
the vehicles have an insane amount of details and features
special mention for the boats
If the devs read this thread please  rework on the color for the ZPU 4 seems out of place in any platform

• Thanks 1

Loving it so far! The weapons look great and you can see the effort put into everything.

I'm not a huge fan of the bunched up nature of the terrain, but honestly it's not a deal breaker.

i just hope that there will be content updates like GM 

because right now, 1 "tank" for each side or plane only for blufor is not much and no, 6 "variants" of 1 heli is just 1 vehicle(hello pylons)

How can we have the mod and liberation map run on our server in addition to our custom modset for our members who bought the DLC and want liberation outside of official ops?

I really love it so far...but PLEASE make the rice paddies traversable for AI....this nearly kills playing with friendly AI completely ( rocks, waterways and bridges are bad enough by default)

• Like 1

So basically my question from one week ago answered itself... no... this CDLC is nothing like Vietcong was. No SP value at all... and I have doubt about any long term MP.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, kMaN175 said:

How would you set PF up on a dedicated server?

NVM, I figured it out. 😃

$ steamcmd

login <yoursteamcmduser>

app_update 233780 validate

add to launcher string:

-mod="vn"

Can anyone whose bought it tell me if all those new animations ae purely cosmetic for cutscenes or are they ingame AI behaviours?

36 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Can anyone whose bought it tell me if all those new animations ae purely cosmetic for cutscenes or are they ingame AI behaviours?

If it can be enabled via ACE Interaction or vanilla interaction, that would be great!!!

Played for like 5 hours straight tonight. Did some coop campaign with a few friends, then did some of the new multiplayer mode and some king of the hill with another friend. Loving the new expansion, well done to everyone who worked on it. This is up there with Arrowhead and Tanoa for me, the coop missions are very well done, new terrain is awesome, new guns are very well done, can't wait to see what missions people come up with on this new map !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can someone advise the TOTAL HD SSD space with this DLC installed? I need to figure out if I have to get a new SSD or not! My ARMA drive is full!