Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

Any way to port Arma 2 ACR Dingo texture files

I am trying to make a modified port of the A2 Dingo from the ACR expansion. I bought the expansion, and thus I should have the files, and indeed, the Wheeled_acr.pbo file is there.

The problem is that I cannot open the .pbo file (is it encrypted?) unlike the other arma 2 PBOs.

Is there any way to access these textures for an Arma 3 mod?

I plan on modifying them anyway (A CSAT hexcam overlay), so I am really looking for the normal map texture and interior textures.

IIRC, in arma 2, if you didn't have the DLC, you'd only be able to see the low res textures... how do I even get those?

Unless something changed in last two years, only the Arma Sample Models packs contain debinarised ("usable") data - and those don't have any textures.

2 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Unless something changed in last two years, only the Arma Sample Models packs contain debinarised ("usable") data - and those don't have any textures.

Nope, everything is there. You will have to download the Licensed Data Packages though, not the sample models.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:51 PM, lilithsspawn said:

Nope, everything is there. You will have to download the Licensed Data Packages though, not the sample models.

Ah, previously I was working from a guide which basically said to use the sample models, and extract the textures from your A2 pbos... which I have done to port(and then modify to sometimes heavy extents) the AH-64, F-35, V-22, C-130, and Vodnik... yet this time it didn't work. Thanks for directing me to a better way...

Unfortunately, those links don't seem to work for me, and I can't download them.

Found the torrent for the files, from here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack#ALDP_A2OA_PBOs_ADPL-SA_APL-SA.zip

*edit* but no seeders... 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ex3B said:

Ah, previously I was working from a guide which basically said to use the sample models, and extract the textures from your A2 pbos... which I have done to port(and then modify to sometimes heavy extents) the AH-64, F-35, V-22, C-130, and Vodnik... yet this time it didn't work. Thanks for directing me to a better way...

Unfortunately, those links don't seem to work for me, and I can't download them.

Found the torrent for the files, from here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack#ALDP_A2OA_PBOs_ADPL-SA_APL-SA.zip

*edit* but no seeders... 

Does it work now? Cause when I click the link everything works just fine