Sign in to follow this  
Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans

Finally an update at ww2 team

WOW!!!!  Those trailers are amazing!!!  

I just wish Marcel or someobody would release those aircraft addons.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Whoa, that is one impressive trailer! And I was watching it at work without sound. Very impressive indeed. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Feb. 06 2003,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa, that is one impressive trailer! And I was watching it at work without sound. Very impressive indeed.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The sound is one of the best parts on those movies... well...although it's taken from "Band of Brothers"... still there is no other way he'd ever be able to get the same effect without taking it from a good WWII movie. It really pumps you up.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

fuckin A man. . ..those wacco (pronounced- way-co) gliders look awsome. . . as well as the C47 goony bird cant wait to try em both biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Feb. 06 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This Napoleon site: http://www.freewebz.com/napoleonic/index.htm

It looks like a load of fun. They say they have addons ready to download soon.<span id='postcolor'>

They better not have Angelina playing Josephine! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 06 2003,18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">fuckin A man. . ..those wacco (pronounced- way-co) gliders look awsome. . . as well as the C47 goony bird cant wait to try em both biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What I wonder is how you will be able to land those gliders...in real life they crash-landed them...I hope there are plenty of flat areas to do that... also I wonder how they are going to get the gliders to glide...with their mass I think they'll fall like a rock unless it's possible to make them very light in weight.

I'd just be happy with the C-47's (which I hope are fixed up compared to the last ones Marcel released) and jumping out of them.

Currently I'm having TONS of fun with the 1944 mod 82nd Airborne teaser addon and the Landser addons along with a few a few WWII armor and weapons addons.

Now if only someone made some good WWII fighter aircraft addons that actually flew well (like as well as the OV-10).

That would be sweet!

I'm surprised nobody has fixed up VIT's WWII planes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Busy on evis' P51.. smile.gif fixing it, making lods , good gear making etc wink.gif after this: FW190.. after that one.. il get back to my own Me109G10

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Feb. 06 2003,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What I wonder is how you will be able to land those gliders...in real life they crash-landed them...I hope there are plenty of flat areas to do that... also I wonder how they are going to get the gliders to glide...with their mass I think they'll fall like a rock unless it's possible to make them very light in weight.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

LOL of coruse u can land them.  . . i practice everyday "crash landing" every single Aircraft i have for OFP (excluding helos) its very easy.

Simulated Glider Landing

Step 1 : shut the engine off

Step 2: throttle back (or hold the down arrow key)

Step 3: flaps down full

Step 4: gear down (not a necessity but good for beginers, try gear up later)

Step 5: glide around and look for a soft spot

Step 6: Nose up, it will continue to fall let it go

Step 7: once you hit the deck use the mouse to turn it in an S path until u finaly slow down or tap a tree.

and that my freinds is how you "crash land" or glide an aircraft such as the wacco glider in  smile.gif

Beginer Tips:

1: use gear down option for the first few times to get the hang on it

2: practice in the desert island or the desert area of nogova. then as you are able to make more and more successful landings then move inland and try landins near trees and such.

Expert Pilots ONLY:

try steps 1 thru 7 on malden or kogjev

And:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (John_McClane @ Jan. 30 2003,22:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HellToupee had mentioned this in a thread in the Addons & Mods forum. But I'm sure not everyone knows about this yet...

Pressing and holding "Z" immediately after the engine loses power will keep your rotors spinning while you are descending. Just like in a real helicopter, where you would bottom the collective directly after loss of power to initiate an auto-rotation. You are able to maneuver the helicopter while descending. All you have to do is flare before touching down.

You can easily practice this by shutting off your engine in mid-flight. Just be sure to hit "Z" and keep it held down. You have to do this immediately or you'll crash and burn.<span id='postcolor'>

EDIT: found this helo crash land instructions too

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Feb. 06 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Busy on evis' P51.. smile.gif fixing it, making lods , good gear making etc   wink.gif  after this: FW190.. after that one.. il get back to my own Me109G10<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! Sounds good!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FW200 @ Feb. 06 2003,21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Busy on evis' P51.. smile.gif fixing it, making lods , good gear making etc   wink.gif  after this: FW190.. after that one.. il get back to my own Me109G10<span id='postcolor'>

The sounds! They sound like horseflies when they pass by. crazy.gif Will you improve the sounds?