PLEASE LABLE YOUR ISSUE!

Credits:
Can be found on the project main page.

already CBA Team for saving our butts with XEHs 😉

Updates will be posted in this thread

• Like 4

On 4/12/2021 at 2:34 AM, Texeiro said:

Great work so far!!!!

So far 'GermanHydrogen' has made significant changes to the project and is doing a hell of a good job at getting this to working stage.

I plan to release 'v1.0-alpha.3' once the server<->client interaction is in a presentable alpha-state.

• Like 2

Hey PAx how are you doing? Ay news you could share ?

On 5/8/2021 at 1:21 PM, Texeiro said:

Hey PAx how are you doing? Ay news you could share ?

We are sadly still stuck with a locality issue for multiplayer use.
Also due to a bit of increased work load in our community, this has been paused for a bit.
We'll continue after summer most likely.

Okay. So here is a small update:

We are still stuck with the locality issue in dedicated multiplayer and I would like to throw out a help request to the modding community.

I know that there are a ton of very talented people out here and I hope some might be willing to take a look at this.

The issue:

As far as I was able to compehend the current state is working in singleplayer AOK as all assets are local to the client including the projectile that we very much need to correctly identify to track and ultimatley (hopefully) intercept it.

As soon as we move over to the multiplayer environment, we see the following events:

a.) The artillery piece fires | radar is on passive standby | all turrets are on passive standby

b.) An object enters the radars covering range and is identified as: airborn && decending && shell based | radar goes into active state but the shell is not yet brought into the database | all turrets are on passive standby

c.) The tracked object enters the danger range of said active radar | radar shifts the object into the target database and alerts all connected turrets | all connected turrets fetch target data and start active tracking

d.) The actively tracked shell enters the engagement range defined | radar sends engagement signal to all tracking turrets | all connected turrets engage target with burst fire

e.) The shell is destroyed by munitions hitting the shell object around a small diameter hotbox attached to the shell | radar checks database for next target | turrets change into standby and await next target

f.) For some reason the artillery shell does visibly explodes in the air on step e, but client side a projectile still impacts with the ground, leading us to believe that shells are not syncronous among connected server and the clients.

If possible use our github for any questions, bugs or anything really.

Thanks

Pax

We moved the repo to our communities github organization.

This update by BI https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00105

might get us where we want to be with this whole thing.

But we currently only have limited time available to continue work on this.

We will keep you guys posted if we get this mess to work somehow.