Easter-Wishes.png

Pinguin.png

In Greece Easter is on the 16th of April but for other countries it is about a week before. Due to that the release will happen earlier. Easter Egg Hunting even if indoors. Go Go Go!

Included so far :

30 different Easter egg textures
30 pickable Easter egg versions
2 Static Easter eggs which are custom texture applicable
4 different bowls and baskets for the eggs
6 different bunnies including chocolate and artistic ones
2 broken egg parts that are custom texture applicable
2 bases for the eggs
9 Easter decorations
3 pickable Decorations versions
1 Shelf Furniture for Easter Eggs
1 throwable explosive Egg
1 throwable explosive chicken
4 Good Rabbit hats
1 Bad Rabbit hat
3 Wearables for bunny hats
10 Easter Weapon textures
3 vehicle Easter textures

Installation how to :

If downloading the file directly just swipe it in the launcher addon section. All done!

QA :

Q: How often will updates come out?
A: If able we will add a Pickable Easter egg that can be painted. Suggestions also welcome.

Q: Has this addon been tested?
A: Many times in the editor.

Q: Has this addon been signed?
A: Yes it has been signed.

Q: Where can I find the items in the editor?
A: The classnames are such that using the term Easter will show all items.

Website Sublink: here .

Steam Link: here .

Direct Download Link: here .

Gallery :

Spoiler

1.png

2.png

3.png

7.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Easter Pack updated to Version 1.20 which adds:

16 Easter Eggs
1 Easter Egg Barrel Stand
1 Shelf Furniture for Easter Eggs

7.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Easter Pack updated to Version 1.40 :

Added Categorization for all items
Added pickable Easter Eggs versions
Added pickable Decorations versions

Categories.png

The update has taken place thanks to very helpful feedback. Thanks for all the support! 

• Like 1

Easter Pack updated to Version 1.49 since we had to:

Fix a name mismatch causing a texture not to show.
Add quality icons for the inventory objects.

And that should be it for this year unless some bug appears or a suggestion/idea comes up. For anybody fasting just a few days to go for this:

Meat.jpg

In Greece we have to wait till the 2nd of May. Happy Easter everyone!!!

• Like 5

Very cool contribution!  Thank you, and Happy Easter! 🐰🥚

• Like 1

If you create a simple object from your p3ds, they scale up nicely.  Its also cool how the egg is a little translucent, as you can see below there is a man inside the egg.  Some good sci-fi possibilities there!  It looks really cool when you see the ai in the egg moving around. 

Also great is that when you shoot the egg, little white bits/chunks fly off.

Two suggestions (only if its easy and you have time):

1) It would be nice if there was one whole (unbroken) egg that matches color of the broken top/bottom so we can have exact egg before/after hatching or breaking.   

2) It would be great if we could use setObjectTexture to set color/picture that is on an egg.  Then we can all make our own custom eggs.  Currently setObjectTexture does not work on these objects.

Thanks again!

aa = createSimpleObject ["eggs\objects\eggbuttom.p3d", [0,0,0]];  
aa setpos (getpos bob vectoradd [0,0,.3]); 
aa setobjectscale 12;
bb = createSimpleObject ["eggs\objects\eggtop.p3d", [0,0,0]];  
bb setpos (getpos bob vectoradd [0,0,1.4]); 
bb setobjectscale 12;

egg.jpg

• Like 3

@johnnyboy Thanks! I do not know why it is a little translucent 😂 But since its cool I will not try to change it. The bits are thanks to the Fire Geometry hitbox.

1) It would be nice if there was one whole (unbroken) egg that matches color of the broken top/bottom so we can have exact egg before/after hatching or breaking.   

Yep I should be able to do that although it might take some time to match the broken with the non broken egg textures and exact dimensions. That is because the broken egg does not match exactly together since it was broken and it would be weird to be exactly symetrical. 

2) It would be great if we could use setObjectTexture to set color/picture that is on an egg.  Then we can all make our own custom eggs.  Currently setObjectTexture does not work on these objects.

I think that is indeed possible. I will try it out and see 👍

• Thanks 1

Thanks to the above request the Easter Pack has been updated to Version 1.54 which adds:

1 Static Easter egg which is custom texture applicable

2 broken egg parts that are custom texture applicable [upgrade of the existing ones]

10.png

Sadly I tried for like 7 hours in total and I could not make a Pickable Easter egg version that can have their texture changed. Cannot understand why but for some reason it simply does not work. The Static version however did work.

@johnnyboy The Static Easter Egg that can have its texture changed is a new version based on the 2 broken parts. I had to stich the two parts manually Vertice by Vertice in Blender but the final model is indeed like the two broken parts have just lost an in between part. If needed I can make that part smaller. Also since you might want to make the egg even bigger I have increased its quality so it should not to be affected by the scale increase. Additionally the transparent effect should still be visible and if not I found a way that might be able to bring it back online. Anyways thanks for the suggestion! Oh and a detail, the textures have been placed as such so as for the parts to actually be parts of the egg that broke in half as requested. The texture used is a 1024x1024 .paa file which is like this for reference:

EggPlain.png

The oval egg shape is being accomplished thanks to the object builder and the UV Editor texture placement. So you just replace the .paa file by calling it with the setObjectTexture. Hope your plans can be brought to life for either aliens or dinosaurs! If some issue comes up pls do tell 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnKalo said:

Sadly I tried for like 7 hours in total and I could not make a Pickable Easter egg version that can have their texture changed. Cannot understand why but for some reason it simply does not work. The Static version however did work.

@johnnyboy The Static Easter Egg that can have its texture changed is a new version based on the 2 broken parts. I had to stich the two parts manually Vertice by Vertice in Blender but the final model is indeed like the two broken parts have just lost an in between part. If needed I can make that part smaller. Also since you might want to make the egg even bigger I have increased its quality so it should not to be affected by the scale increase. Additionally the transparent effect should still be visible and if not I found a way that might be able to bring it back online. Anyways thanks for the suggestion! Oh and a detail, the textures have been placed as such so as for the parts to actually be parts of the egg that broke in half as requested. The texture used is a 1024x1024 .paa file which is like this for reference:

That's great, I will try it out later.  I really appreciate your work.  I thought the velociraptor mod would be an awesome use for this and checked it out, but I guess that mod is sadly no longer functional.  Anyway, I envision sci-fi use cases for these eggs, plus the fact that anybody can apply their own texture now is really cool.  Hopefully when I get around to my giant mission, I'll work these beauties in! 😎

• Like 2

Works great John😀   Here's a pic of a scaled up egg decorated using the Arma snake texture.

snakeEgg.jpg

// NOTE: Egg object won't stay scaled up unless attached to another object (or created as a simple object).

egg attachTo [player, [0,4,1]];
egg setObjectTextureGlobal [0,"\A3\Animals_F\Snakes\data\Snake_Leopard_CO.paa"]; 
egg setobjectscale 10;

• Like 2

@johnnyboy Wow that is cool! Never thought a snake skin would match an egg so nicely 💎 💎💎

• Like 1

Easter Egg Hunting was not supposed to be like this. Why are people battling each other while throwing explosive chicken? Strange world 🤔

Update-Easter-M.jpg

Changelog: 

Added 2 Easter Decorations
Added 1 big Easter Egg that can have its texture changed
Added 3 wearables for the rabbit masks
Added 10 Easter Weapon textures
Added 3 Easter textured vehicles
Added throwable explosive chicken due to request

• Like 3
  • Haha 1