Blacktitan99

p3d error in Eliteness

hi guys i have a question to do: i was trying to retex  a mod but when I try to create a pbo the Eliteness says that there is an error in the p3d although I have not touched any model for the retex, and even if I extract the pbo and try to recreate it without touching anything it always gives me the same error, this happens to me while it is validating the p3d model and stops saying that there are errors in the p3d;

P.S. i am new to modding

On 3/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, Blacktitan99 said:

hi guys i have a question to do: i was trying to retex  a mod but when I try to create a pbo the Eliteness says that there is an error in the p3d although I have not touched any model for the retex, and even if I extract the pbo and try to recreate it without touching anything it always gives me the same error, this happens to me while it is validating the p3d model and stops saying that there are errors in the p3d;

P.S. i am new to modding

What does the error say exactly?

Why are you using Eliteness? You're better off using Mikero's tools.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:44 PM, Jackal326 said:

What does the error say exactly?

Why are you using Eliteness? You're better off using Mikero's tools.

hi thank you for answering, i've just solved the problem yesterday using PBOManager;

to answer your question i'm using Eliteness just because i saw a YouTube tutorial where it said to use it with only two or three apps from Mikero's tools, i don't know nothing else about it; as i said i'm new to modding world. 

you are doing retexturing wrong way if you are packing the original p3d 

retexturing is done by making a new texture and a config file to point an objects configs hiddenselections to your new textures, not by unpacking a mod, replacing textures and packing it again

you are essentially breaking the whole thing. 

Only objects that support hidden selections can be retextured in the proper, no rules breaking way.

also pboManager is not proper pbo tool, delete it.