I have a question, is there a way to retexture USS liberty (the destroyer)? I mean the exterior, like make the entire ship covered in CSAT camo. Doesnt have to look pretty, it would be used for ambient stuff from the distance.

When you douple click on it in the editor I believe there is a path that leads to the ship's .paa texture. You should be able to locate that change it and call it from your path. If the location of the .paa file is not there right click on the ship and config viewer. The path should be there. But don't change the .paa vanilla texture. Add yours in the mission file and call it from there.

In order to have the texture accesible you should have Arma 3 Tools, the .pbo extracted and the P drive mounted. It is not simple if you have not tried it before. 

22 hours ago, JohnKalo said:

When you douple click on it in the editor I believe there is a path that leads to the ship's .paa texture. You should be able to locate that change it and call it from your path. If the location of the .paa file is not there right click on the ship and config viewer. The path should be there. But don't change the .paa vanilla texture. Add yours in the mission file and call it from there.

In order to have the texture accesible you should have Arma 3 Tools, the .pbo extracted and the P drive mounted. It is not simple if you have not tried it before. 

Double clicking it only gives options to change flag texture and name texture. I am looking to change the texture of the entire ship. I know how to retexture stuff but I need to know if there is a way for this one, because "this setObjectTextureGlobal" doesnt seem to work it, unless the color slot is off (I tried 1-10, first 3 would erase the ship number, or name)

Well if it works and it only erases the ship number and name maybe you can include it in the .paa texture of the whole ship. Because I changed tha name a while back and its just the text so maybe adding it to the .paa having the ship texture as a whole will work. Best of Luck 👍

The Liberty is a "specific" multi-part object:

configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_Destroyer_01_base_F" >> "multiStructureParts" :

multiStructureParts[] = {["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_01_F","pos_hull_1"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_02_F","pos_hull_2"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_03_F","pos_hull_3"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_04_F","pos_hull_4"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_05_F","pos_hull_5"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_02_F","pos_hull_2"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_03_F","pos_hull_3"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_04_F","pos_hull_4"],["Land_HelipadEmpty_F","pos_heliPad"],["ShipFlag_US_F","pos_Flag"]};

So, you will not find a paa texture for the destroyer itself, but probably rather for these parts. (Not hidden textures but the model texture you need to remake).

I didn't dig deeper into the Arma files. I'm not sure you can easily apply an hexa CSAT look on the hull parts. It's probably a solution anyway.

I did that, customizing an helo for Gendarmerie, creating my own paa (added in root directory for better SP/MP path reading), then applying in game by setObjectTexture (global or not, depending on your scenario)

20160719151915_1.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 2:46 AM, pierremgi said:

The Liberty is a "specific" multi-part object:

configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_Destroyer_01_base_F" >> "multiStructureParts" :

multiStructureParts[] = {["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_01_F","pos_hull_1"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_02_F","pos_hull_2"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_03_F","pos_hull_3"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_04_F","pos_hull_4"],["Land_Destroyer_01_hull_05_F","pos_hull_5"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_02_F","pos_hull_2"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_03_F","pos_hull_3"],["Land_Destroyer_01_interior_04_F","pos_hull_4"],["Land_HelipadEmpty_F","pos_heliPad"],["ShipFlag_US_F","pos_Flag"]};

So, you will not find a paa texture for the destroyer itself, but probably rather for these parts. (Not hidden textures but the model texture you need to remake).

I didn't dig deeper into the Arma files. I'm not sure you can easily apply an hexa CSAT look on the hull parts. It's probably a solution anyway.

I did that, customizing an helo for Gendarmerie, creating my own paa (added in root directory for better SP/MP path reading), then applying in game by setObjectTexture (global or not, depending on your scenario)

20160719151915_1.jpg

I know. I used _this setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.25,0.25,0.25,0.3)"]; --though-- _this setObjectTextureGlobal [11, "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.25,0.25,0.25,0.3)"]; On some parts of the ship, but all it did was change the name from the back of destroyer when applied on the back part, and removed hull number when applied to the front part. I only tried 0-11 slots because I assumed if nothing changed within 10 slots, than probably something is off anyway. I know how to retexture vehicles I have make a german version of mohawk. But this confuses me a bit. Because if the texture is not in a slot where is it?

It seems you need to make your own model on BI basis (and under license) ... which is a huge work.

If there is no hidden selection/selection..., if I'm right, you can't set a texture on it with setObjectTexture

The paa files can be found in arma3\jets\addons\boat_f_destroyer.pbo

28 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

It seems you need to make your own model on BI basis (and under license) ... which is a huge work.

If there is no hidden selection/selection..., if I'm right, you can't set a texture on it with setObjectTexture

The paa files can be found in arma3\jets\addons\boat_f_destroyer.pbo

I just checked the pbo, those are basically model files right.
So basically I cant set it with scripts, damn.

Kinda dissapointing.
One last thing, I will try checking config of the object itself if I can in eden, maybe I will find any clues there