US Embassy Building and compound - WIP

So after many years away from Arma I have decided to take up modding again, and as a refresher project I have decided to make a US Embassy Building and the surrounding compound.

This isn't based on any specific embassy and has to be kept within a scale of what will run well in arma - so is quite small by real world standards (though i guess kinda big by arma standards) but i'm hoping it would fit against many backdrops and offer somne opportunity for interesting scenarios

Currently the main building is in game and some  basic features have been implemented, but there is still much detail, features and fixes to complete - here are some screenshots and video though 🙂 

IM21.png

IM20.png

IM19.png

IM22.png

Current model in game and some features: 

Still work to be done 😄 

Ehy Katie thanks! This is a very interesting content. Really like it, it will give more immersion in custom mission/scenario. Thank you and welcome back in the modding 😃

2 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Ehy Katie thanks! This is a very interesting content. Really like it, it will give more immersion in custom mission/scenario. Thank you and welcome back in the modding 😃

thank you for the welcome 🙂 it's good to be back, since joinign the 15thMEU again I have realised I missed arma more than i thought 😄 

Glad to see you back Katie! Agree, Arma can be really tiresome sometimes, so I always take a few months off once I feel tired. Also, great work as always!

Amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Great work! Such a useful building for so many scenarios.

G'day @Katie Byrne,

Welcome back to the community. The embassy is looking really good. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Always exciting to see more terrain objects, as scarce as they are 😉

Outstanding quality and welcome back! 

Maybe this could sneak into @icebreakr's new project? 

What a coincidence! Yesterday I painted a livery of US Embassy Flight for B200 as it was used in Berlin ca. late 80s for it. Now, we just need some nice diplomatic cars (some armored ones too) to go into an ambush from time to time while ferrying diplomats from an airport to this beautiful compound  😉 Impressive work, Katie, and welcome back! 

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back 🙂 

Just a quick update today - working on the roof (with helipad of course 😄 )

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.03.24_-_18.48.26.

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.03.24_-_18.48.42.

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.03.24_-_18.48.55.

I'm trying to make it detailed enoguh to allow for interesting firefights while also providing cover for engaging targets fro mthe roof if the Embassy comes under attack - shadow LOD is a bit sketchy still but i'm relearning as i go haha 😄 

still a lot of interior work to do, with offices and other furnished areas as this building must be furnished - i know a lot of buildings in arma can get away with being empty but for an embassy that would make no sense right? 😄 

Huh, something surely to test my helicopter skills in Arma 😉 It's going very nicely. Are there plans to illuminate the helipad at night or you just want to use those white/yellow lines with emissive rvmat to define the landing area?

2 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

Huh, something surely to test my helicopter skills in Arma 😉 It's going very nicely. Are there plans to illuminate the helipad at night or you just want to use those white/yellow lines with emissive rvmat to define the landing area?

yes i thInk lights on the pad would work best 🙂 

Just a question: how much taller are the parapet (is that right??) of the roof embassy?

However I agree about illuminated helipad 🙂

Looks really good, nice work.

I know it's still a WIP, but I'll chime in, the lighting still needs refinement, but the rest is coming along very nicely.

One question because I didn't see it in the video, is there a stairwell inside the building that goes up to the roof? 

A couple of suggestions, I know you did some really nice work on the US Embassy insignia, but the building would be much more versatile for mission makers without any markings so it could be used as any nation's embassy. I would also suggest that minimal furniture be included in the model, being a blank canvas gives mission makers more options for how to set it up.    

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

Looks really good, nice work.

I know it's still a WIP, but I'll chime in, the lighting still needs refinement, but the rest is coming along very nicely.

One question because I didn't see it in the video, is there a stairwell inside the building that goes up to the roof? 

A couple of suggestions, I know you did some really nice work on the US Embassy insignia, but the building would be much more versatile for mission makers without any markings so it could be used as any nation's embassy. I would also suggest that minimal furniture be included in the model, being a blank canvas gives mission makers more options for how to set it up.    

Yes, there is a direct stairwell to the roof in the building, I will show in a video later 🙂 

This is intended to specifically be a United States Embassy and so the markings are required - I may make further such buildings in future for other nations (most likely UK anyway - but as you will see the  whole building style would be different 😉 )

This building will also be full of permanent furnature even the inaccesible (but visible through glass doors) offices will be fully furnished as it make no logical sense for an embassy building to be devoid of furniture - again a more generic empty building could follow in future - but i have very specific goals in mind for this one 🙂 

20 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Just a question: how much taller are the parapet (is that right??) of the roof embassy?

However I agree about illuminated helipad 🙂

haha i'm not sure what the word means either, perhaps you could describe it to me and I can offer the height difference 🙂 

15 minutes ago, Katie Byrne said:

haha i'm not sure what the word means either, perhaps you could describe it to me and I can offer the height difference 🙂 

I guess, he is concerned about the height of roof edge walls (low parapet, high parapet), which seems to me like 1.5-1.6m high on your model. So the clearings in that won't allow players to shoot targets at ground level from kneeling position, right?

4-2-18-Roofing2.jpg?1524594162

• Like 1

they are set at the correct heights for  resting weapon while kneeling (lower parts of the wall) and standing (highrer parts of the wall) - this has been tested and is working correctly

although the visual model is still  just basic geometry so more detail will follow 🙂 

Here you go 🙂 going to the roof in the current work in progress, and the cover heights of the roof demonstrated 😉 

the cherry on top, would be the  "Marine one" from Take On Helicopters with the US insignia (already in game)

Wow that looks dope as h e double hockey sticks. Good job!

above is the Merlin in game, below is from TKHO if someone knows how to apply the decals.....

EHK6bduX0AIa_2O.jpg
0D0FEF05E672994BCEEA552DCDC824283F74744B

6 hours ago, zukov said:

above is the Merlin in game, below is from TKHO if someone knows how to apply the decals.....

EHK6bduX0AIa_2O.jpg
0D0FEF05E672994BCEEA552DCDC824283F74744B

This is something I have wanted to do and I've found the decals in the game files, but not the exterior texture. Do you know where that is?